Bills Post Draft OL depth

3 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

DeBeer is Currently measuring in at 6-foot-7 and 312 pounds.

thanks, the USA junk food must have gotten to him, since I saw him listed at 260-70

45 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Boxing sucks and I absolutely don’t get why McDermott gets as much hype as he’s been getting here that he’s being pencilled in as the starting RT.

Yes! How does a former wrestler not value this? Ok I guess this was  year of heavies.

• Haha (+1) 1

I would not rule out Connor McDermott starting at LT and moving Dion Dawkins to his natural positions either inside or RT. 

Dawkins played well enough for a rookie at LT, but still above all he was not dominant or even ... good, really. He would be good and possibly dominant at RT. I realize the assumed importance of LTs, like duh. But you might have a net positive offensive line this way. Dawkins and Miller could be special together. 

17 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I would not rule out Connor McDermott starting at LT and moving Dion Dawkins to his natural positions either inside or RT. 

Dawkins played well enough for a rookie at LT, but still above all he was not dominant or even ... good, really. He would be good and possibly dominant at RT. I realize the assumed importance of LTs, like duh. But you might have a net positive offensive line this way. Dawkins and Miller could be special together. 

Dawkins didn't look good in camp as a RT, only a LT. Had trouble with the different leg drop and plant. It seems like if you can do one you should be able to do either but it's not true. Some guys can only play well at one side, and it's not always the perceived easier one, RT. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Don't disagree with you at all. There is every chance Teller becomes a day one starter at LG. I'm also not sure McBeane moves a 4 year starter from a playoff calibre team from C.

Groy has become an essential cog in the O-line with the departures. The C/G situation looks to be ok.

I agree T is a mess. I don't like Dawkins as a full time LT (trading Glenn was dumb), and Mills at RT is a rash we can't seem to shake unless Newhouse steps up.

Another real OT is needed.

This is also why I didn't like the 4th and 5th round. OT's Richardson and Jones were there for the taking.

If the Bills went Richardson in the 4th that is an immediate upgrade on Mills or at least depth.

Grab Taron Johnson in the 5th (trade the 7th to move up) or resign CB L Johnson to be the nickle and then get OG Teller.

It always amazes me how much Defensive coaches undervalue O-Line since that is what they scheme around.

perhaps we should rethink our perspective. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t see the interview but I’m assuming it sounded something like this, “We’re excited about Jordan. We are excited about all of our guys. He’s worked really hard this offseason and we are confident in his abilities.”

sounds just like last seasons scripted response about Mills. and Or Ducasse.
 and it should.

time for a new FA Vet who becomes available. This the place to spend some money.
someone had best make new list  of potential FA's post draft ?

36 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I wondered about this early last season waiting for Glenn to play. good pairing 

• Like (+1) 1