[Spoilers]Avengers: Infinity War[Spoilers]

On 5/1/2018 at 9:09 AM, Boyst62 said:

Peter dinklage was a giant. Hahaha

On 5/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

I thought that was a great touch.

Lots of GoT things when I saw this yesterday - some real, some imagined.  Emilia Clarke in the trailer for Solo, then Peter Dinklage.  And at the time I was sure that Red Skull sounded like Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger) but alas was mistaken on that one.

My biggest question - when everybody was trying to pull the gauntlet off Thanos - why didn't they just cut off his arm?

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Lots of GoT things when I saw this yesterday - some real, some imagined.  Emilia Clarke in the trailer for Solo, then Peter Dinklage.  And at the time I was sure that Red Skull sounded like Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger) but alas was mistaken on that one.

My biggest question - when everybody was trying to pull the gauntlet off Thanos - why didn't they just cut off his arm?

I think his skin is very difficult to penetrate.  Remember in the fight with Iron Man, Iron Man could only nick Thanos's face despite using all his capabilities.  I don't think they had the ability to saw his arm off.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:54 PM, shrader said:

They essentially wiped out everyone but the original Avengers, with a couple extras thrown in. It’s fitting that they’ll be the ones to save the day and them marvel will move forward to the newer characters. 

Just like an NFL roster, the older Avengers have become the most expensive and their contracts are cumbersome. IW was designed to be their send off, so expect all the ones who faded away to be saved (a life for a life - even though they "don't trade lives") by the original Avengers. Cap, Tony, Hulk will die to shed off their onerous contracts... just in time for Black Panther, Spidey, and the Guardians to get pay pumps.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:26 PM, Rico said:

I don't know about taking 2nd-graders even if they knew the characters. There were some kids just bawling during & after the ending when I went, ie. "Not Black Panther too!" "Spider-man!"

I was a little choked up myself. :lol:

Spidey's scene was a bit improved. As it was written, he was more glib about leaving - then on set the directors asked Tom to do a take like he didn't want to leave... and that's the one they kept. 

OK I saw the movie

I am so confused!

Who actually died......why was Iron man run through with a weapon and not dying?  Why were people disolving everywhere but some not?

Did it look like the guantlet got smoked at the end and damaged?

Also....I HATE how they portrayed both Vision and Hulk

Vision....when vision is first born....its like this guy was one of the most powerful hero's.....then he seems to become more human as time goes on seeming to make him weaker?  Am I on the right track with this?

Hulk....they are making him look like a giant green wuss just because he got his butt kicked by Thanos.....the Hulk has been in battles before that he got hurt in...why now all of a sudden he is afraid to come out?  The Hulk is PURE RAGE....he doesnt have the DNA for fear!

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK I saw the movie

I am so confused!

Who actually died......why was Iron man run through with a weapon and not dying?  Why were people disolving everywhere but some not?

Did it look like the guantlet got smoked at the end and damaged?

Also....I HATE how they portrayed both Vision and Hulk

Vision....when vision is first born....its like this guy was one of the most powerful hero's.....then he seems to become more human as time goes on seeming to make him weaker?  Am I on the right track with this?

Hulk....they are making him look like a giant green wuss just because he got his butt kicked by Thanos.....the Hulk has been in battles before that he got hurt in...why now all of a sudden he is afraid to come out?  The Hulk is PURE RAGE....he doesnt have the DNA for fear!

Vision is/was ever evolving. He learned human traits.  Humans are weak, he became weak.

Hulk has always been in conflict and half the time a bad guy.  Plus, no one knows how to make movies with hulk. 

Starks injuries were seemingly forgot in the movie, something that was rare.  Just like by the end black panther was essentially useless. And now he is gone.  All of this technology in Eritrea and they got destryoed by simple numbers. They daced far more in the original avengers 

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 12:05 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

An interesting note: You may have noticed in the credits that a character from Arrested Development was listed. It is Tobias Funke (David Cross) in his Blue Man Group get-up. He appears in a glass cage when Thanos is attacking the Collector. The interesting thing is that scene is soon revealed to be of Thanos' conjuring and not reality at all, meaning that Thanos is a fan of arrested Development?

Read more about it here:

https://screenrant.com/infinity-war-thanos-arrested-development-easter-egg/ 

Finally saw it yesterday (kids are home from college, so we waited to go) and saw that in the end credits crawl but hadn't caught that in the scene w/ the Collector.  Will have to look for it whenit's out on BluRay.  :beer:

On Wednesday, May 02, 2018 at 6:26 PM, Rico said:

I don't know about taking 2nd-graders even if they knew the characters. There were some kids just bawling during & after the ending when I went, ie. "Not Black Panther too!" "Spider-man!"

I was a little choked up myself. :lol:

When 1/2 the people started vanishing you could've heard a pin drop.  Surprised that it seemed everyone in the theater was just watching the movie for the 1st time, but guess they were.

Agree on the "NOT SPIDERMAN, TOO!"

Edited by Taro T

On Monday, May 07, 2018 at 8:47 AM, Soda Popinski said:

I liked it, saw it Saturday.  Have to assume that this is the one timeline that Dr Strange saw where they can win, he said this was the only way as he was fading out.   Just not sure how they bring it all back around.   Also wondering if Hulk is now afraid to fight or just won't fight anyone but Thanos.  

Strange had said, leading up to it, that there was no way he'd sacrifice the Time Stone for either Spidey or Stark because the most important thing of all was protecting the stone.  Of course that was before his 406,000,065 or so versions the of future he saw, only 1 of which Thanos gets defeated.  He had to keep that path open for any possibility of eventually winning, whichis why he gave up the stone.

Watching the movie, after Thanos got the 5th stone, couldn't see any way for him to be defeated, though was fully expecting him to lose at the end of this movie, so was expecting to be  very disappointed in the ending.  :oops:  Lost that complaint.  Though it was humorous how Samuel only got "Mutha" said before vanishing.

Now am very much looking forward to IW2.  :thumbsup:  No way they aren't bringing Groot, Starlord, & Spidey back.  Black Panther too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Strange had said, leading up to it, that there was no way he'd sacrifice the Time Stone for either Spidey or Stark because the most important thing of all was protecting the stone.  Of course that was before his 406,000,065 or so versions the of future he saw, only 1 of which Thanos gets defeated.  He had to keep that path open for any possibility of eventually winning, whichis why he gave up the stone.

Watching the movie, after Thanos got the 5th stone, couldn't see any way for him to be defeated, though was fully expecting him to lose at the end of this movie, so was expecting to be  very disappointed in the ending.  :oops:  Lost that complaint.  Though it was humorous how Samuel only got "Mutha" said before vanishing.

Now am very much looking forward to IW2.  :thumbsup:  No way they aren't bringing Groot, Starlord, & Spidey back.  Black Panther too.

Not with the box office numbers that movie brought in!   I'm excited for the next one too. Should be interesting to see how they do it. 

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Not with the box office numbers that movie brought in!   I'm excited for the next one too. Should be interesting to see how they do it. 

I'd love to see the chick get the black panther nod. That'd be something. 

And the text message is said to have went to captain marvel. She will be the most powerful one yet they've said

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Agree on the "NOT SPIDERMAN, TOO!"

Fortunately they chose a different movie for the charity thing with the kids. All I could picture was some crying kid asking my wife “why did they kill Spider-Man?”  Her response would be “which one was Spider-Man?”

instead, she’s taking them to see Deadpool. ?

Edited by shrader

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Fortunately they chose a different movie for the charity thing with the kids. All I could picture was some crying kid asking my wife “why did they kill Spider-Man?”  Her response would be “which one was Spider-Man?”

instead, she’s taking them to see Deadpool?

That outing should end well.  :lol:

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

That outing should end well.  :lol:

Luckily she actually knows all about Deadpool.  There's no way the kids could trick her into going to that movie.  The two of us are seeing it Saturday.:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, shrader said:

Luckily she actually knows all about Deadpool.  There's no way the kids could trick her into going to that movie.  The two of us are seeing it Saturday.:thumbsup:

Eh, take the little ones along w/ you.  What's the worst that could happen? :p

On 5/1/2018 at 9:09 AM, Boyst62 said:

Peter dinklage was a giant. Hahaha

Not just a giant.   A giant dwarf.  That was downright inspired.

It was a good two-thirds of a movie.  Right up to the point they're trying to get the gauntlet of Thanos, when Quill figures out he's killed Gamora and then they evacuate the theater because there's a fire in the kitchen.  :wallbash:

So can someone tell me...who evaporated in the end?  I know Fury, Spiderman, Black Panther, Maria Hill, and Bucky Barnes.  And I assume Vision was killed, since Thanos evaporates half the universe.  Who else?

And don't forget: there's a time stone.  No deaths/evaporations are completely irrevocable.  I mean...there is going to be a Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and there's no way they don't have Boseman back for a Black Panther sequel, as well as it did in the box office.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, John from Riverside said:

Worse, they morphed Bruce Banner into the "Homer Simpson dad" goofball comic relief.  

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So can someone tell me...who evaporated in the end?  I know Fury, Spiderman, Black Panther, Maria Hill, and Bucky Barnes.  And I assume Vision was killed, since Thanos evaporates half the universe.  Who else?

And don't forget: there's a time stone.  No deaths/evaporations are completely irrevocable.  I mean...there is going to be a Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and there's no way they don't have Boseman back for a Black Panther sequel, as well as it did in the box office.

I would have thought you were joking, but that last part really does prove that you got forced out of the theater.  Vision wound up getting killed twice, once by Wanda, and then again by Thanos after he rewound time.  You wound up seeing all of the non-evaporating deaths other than Vision.  After that, the only name characters who didn't fade away were the original Avengers, Rocket, War Machine, Nebula, and Okoye (I think that's her name, Michonne from Walking Dead).  Black Panther's sister was off camera so there's no word on her.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I would have thought you were joking, but that last part really does prove that you got forced out of the theater.  Vision wound up getting killed twice, once by Wanda, and then again by Thanos after he rewound time.  You wound up seeing all of the non-evaporating deaths other than Vision.  After that, the only name characters who didn't fade away were the original Avengers, Rocket, War Machine, Nebula, and Okoye (I think that's her name, Michonne from Walking Dead).  Black Panther's sister was off camera so there's no word on her.

I have a feeling she's the next Black Panther