Anybody else have faith in AJ Mccarron?

Rebel101

5 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I don’t want Allen to start the season.

I don’t have a ton of confidence in AJ McCarron.

Thrse aren’t mutually exclusive ideas.

I don’t really care how good the Bills are this year.  I care about Josh Allen’s development and where he’s at, developmentally, this December. 

If the Bills suck, and AJ flops, the clamor to start Allen will be tremendous. If you want it to be a structured easing into the NFL for Allen, the Bills have got to be at least decent.

Alabama's Greatest QB of All Time, AJ McCarron. AJ is the All Time Leader in Passing Yards, Completions, Completion Percentage, Passing Touchdowns and Passer Rating

I fail to see how these highlights are not equal to highlights of the top four or six in this year's draft.

Edited by Niagara

7 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Alabama's Greatest QB of All Time, AJ McCarron. AJ is the All Time Leader in Passing Yards, Completions, Completion Percentage, Passing Touchdowns and Passer Rating

I fail to see how these highlights are not equal to highlights of the top four or six in this year's draft.

Highlight packages are put together to accentuate positive plays. Entire games tell a much more accurate picture of what a prospect is capable of.  AJM would have been the same low round prospect he was in 2014 vs. the 2018 QB class. 

BTW, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Richard Todd all say "Hello".

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Highlight packages are put together to accentuate positive plays. Entire games tell a much more accurate picture of what a prospect is capable of.  AJM would have been the same low round prospect he was in 2014 vs. the 2018 QB class. 

"Highlight packages are put together to accentuate positive plays."

That knife slices both ways.

"Entire games tell a much more accurate picture of what a prospect is capable of."

But what was his winning %? How many national titles?

"AJM would have been the same low round prospect he was in 2014 vs. the 2018 QB class. "

That is hard to say given the hip surrounding this class.

"BTW, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Richard Todd all say "Hello"."

What does that mean, are some sort of forum snob?"

Edited by Niagara

1 minute ago, Niagara said:

"Highlight packages are put together to accentuate positive plays."

That knife slices both ways.

"Entire games tell a much more accurate picture of what a prospect is capable of."

But what was his winning %? How many national titles?

"AJM would have been the same low round prospect he was in 2014 vs. the 2018 QB class. "

That is hard to say given the hip surrounding this class.

Was he the key player on teams loaded with NFL talent?  Nope.  ALA just won a title with Jalen Hurts playing QB for almost the entirety of the season.   Save the national titles argument that means nothing with regard to NFL potential. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's nice, but it means nothing.  He'll have his chance to prove he's worthy of starting.  

What Alabama's Coach Saban thinks "means noting". That is rich.

He will be playing for his career come fall. I wish them all well.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's nice, but it means nothing.  He'll have his chance to prove he's worthy of starting.  

Good reply 26.  

Give a guy a chance to prove himself. 

Curious why you don’t give everyone the same opportunity - judge him fairly in an NFL settings and not just a few games.  

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Curious why you don’t give everyone the same opportunity - judge him fairly in an NFL settings and not just a few games.  

Forum bully or snob?

Edited by Niagara

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

who knows how he’ll do if Coordinators get a lot of tape on him and plan for him 

That is true of any QB, but it never stopped Brady.

With regard to "worst Wideouts in the league with an unproven offensive line", part of that lies at the feet of T Mobile.

1 hour ago, Niagara said:

They may be equal.  The problem is they're highlights, the question for the NFL talent evaluators is always the complete picture.    For example, I could give you a Fitzpatrick highlight tape that would practically make Fitz look like Tom Brady, but he isn't.

That said, I went looking for old McCarron scouting videos that might be out there the other day and I found this, which is HYSTERICALLY funny.

If you like McCarron, Enjoy!  Give especial attention to the disconnect between what McShay is saying, and what McCarron is on the field, doing.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, Bfanlc said:

McCarron will be better than people here think he will. Allen is going to have to make some leaps and bounds to be better than AJ. But I think any time you draft a qb first round the management is under extreme pressure to prove that the pick was a correct one and play that qb asap. Even if its a detriment to the team.

I think McBeane is more willing to risk upsetting the fan base and keep Allen on the sidelines because they have the solid backing of the owners, who they ultimately answer to.  Cases in point, the moves with Dareus, Darby, and Watkins.  All moves that were met with more than a little WTF? by the fans but that McBeane thought was in the long term interest of the Bills.  I suspect that McBeane believes letting Allen develop a little while behind McCarron is also in the long term interest of the Bills.