RD 4, Pick 121: Taron Johnson DB - Weber State

5 hours ago, DrDare said:

Hmmm, or we could have just resigned EJ Gaines

Very true. Perhaps they were worried about his durability. Not sure how much Gaines signed a contract for, but I could see where they didn't think he was worth signing to a multiyear deal. 

Haha yes, just saw the reply before me.. Yes what Happy said. 

Edited by Rise Up Lights

I don't understand why he is too small and probably just a nickel. I mean he's got a few pounds on EJ Gaines and is bigger than Joe Haden and a lot of other corners. About the same size as Denzel Ward. Now obviously I understand that he doesn't have the coverage skills of Ward, but why is he a slot guy because of his size? seems like a throwaway line I keep seeing.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Logic said:

So much this. I will never, ever question McDermott about his selections at CB, S, or LB. I just won't. The man knows what he is doing.

Now, over on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball? Like, say, at wide receiver?......that's a whole other ball of wax.

Maybe he's looking for Ironman CBs who will play both ways?

?

8 hours ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Very true. Perhaps they were worried about his durability. Not sure how much Gaines signed a contract for, but I could see where they didn't think he was worth signing to a multiyear deal. 

Haha yes, just saw the reply before me.. Yes what Happy said. 

I think the durability is a big concern with this front office.

Sammy? Gone.

EJ? Gone.

Glenn? Gone.

Rosen? Passed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't offer Kelvin a deal unless he stays healthy.

If you can't stay on the field they don't want you, with good reason.

• SDS unpinned this topic