On Draft NIght, My Better Half...

On Draft NIght, My Better Half...  

135 members have voted

1. 1. On draft night, my better half...

• leaves me the heck alone.
    • nags the crap out me, as usual.
    • watches the draft with me.
    • who the hell cares?

My wife is a pretty good sports fan and even will watch college sports with me. She’s a  Syracuse graduate and will watch their basketball and football games with me. She tolerates me watching the bills every Sunday and the Yankees on most days. However ....... she thinks all the ado about the draft is ridiculous and she can barely contain her laughter. Thankfully she is working tonight or she would’ve found out there is actually a red carpet leading up to the draft! I have no plans on telling her about that. She would die laughing!

First draft my wife remembers is when I woke her up yelling about the EJ pick. She was mad I woke her. Now her interest is so so. She might watch, she'll probably fall asleep but she likes watching player reactions when they go lower than expected 

Just popping in to brag about the wife.

She had to work this evening (score!), so I've got the place to myself.

I got home from work at 4pm (I live on the west coast) to discover that the house had been cleaned from top to bottom, there are burritos and beer in the fridge, and my draft guide is sitting on my living room table, next to the remote and a note that says "Happy draft day! I hope the draft goes exactly the way you want. Go Bills!".

Yep, I married a good one!

This just happened two minutes ago:

My 7 year old daughter realized she left her tooth that fell out at the house of the lady who runs the after-school Spanish program.   My wife instantly says "Daddy wil go right now and get it!".   Uh....no sweetie.....I'm sure the tooth fairy will come anyway.