Dan Orlovsky's QB Breakdown- Players' Comps & Major Strength/Weakness

This is an interesting and illuminating piece, as it relates to all 5 major QB's.  As it concerns Allen, whom from all appearances (possible key word:  "appearances") we've zeroed in on, Orlosvky doesn't focus on accuracy as it concerns his major weakness, but rather his ability to read and assess a defense pre-snap.  Orlovsky specifically focuses in on how he routinely has failed to be able to recognize where blitzes will come from, which will have to be quickly and majorly rectified at the NFL level because Bill Belichick will call defenses infinitely more exotic and complex than the Mountain West Conference.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Agree on everything but Darnold. He gets away with being sloppy in college. This guy makes it seem like it's a positive thing that he can do that. In some situations it might be. The problem is what about the other throws when it's a clean pocket and he's still throwing like crap? How often do you see Tom Brady have to improvise and scramble around and throw from a weird angle? The answer is pretty much never. You want your QB's motion to be so boring and so repeatable that they are like a robot. Every throw is the same with proper mechanics and footwork (like Rosen). If it's not repeatable then it's not consistent and if it's not consistent then that's when you get into trouble. Watch Brady lead a 2 min drill. It's so monotonous yet unstoppable. 8 yards here, 12 yards there, right down the field. Can't stop it. I believe Rosen can do that. With Darnold he's going to scramble around, throw a weird pass, maybe get hit and fumble. It's like chaos when it needs to be controlled and consistent. Rosen is the next level that Darnold fans would hope that he could eventually get to if they can clean up his mechanics. It's a no brainer for me.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Rosen or Mayfield.

Darnold close behind.

Jackson if a trade up fails.

BPA and Rudolph if Jackson is not there.

All else fails: Resign. Sell the team. 

:lol::beer::lol:

oh yeah, i forgot:

ROSEN!! :wub:

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}

1 hour ago, Midwest1981 said:

This is an interesting and illuminating piece, as it relates to all 5 major QB's.  As it concerns Allen, whom from all appearances (possible key word:  "appearances") we've zeroed in on, Orlosvky doesn't focus on accuracy as it concerns his major weakness, but rather his ability to read and assess a defense pre-snap.  Orlovsky specifically focuses in on how he routinely has failed to be able to recognize where blitzes will come from, which will have to be quickly and majorly rectified at the NFL level because Bill Belichick will call defenses infinitely more exotic and complex than the Mountain West Conference.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

Great read. God I hope we don't take Allen.

Darnold above all for me. But we won't get a chance.

Good breakdown.

I've read about a dozen of these breakdowns, and I have no idea how anyone is discussing Josh Allen as a 1st round pick. 

When you read his scouting reports, you think you're reading about a 4-5th round pick. 

40 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Good breakdown.

I've read about a dozen of these breakdowns, and I have no idea how anyone is discussing Josh Allen as a 1st round pick. 

When you read his scouting reports, you think you're reading about a 4-5th round pick. 

Because NFL teams will never learn.