NYTIMES leaked player-owner meeting

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: You picked one of the (many) down here who are not Trumpers... and accused him of being a Trump supporter... while accusing him of not taking the time to read what you wrote. 

Read more of what others have written down here. You'd be surprised. There are less Trump supporters down here than you think. Far, far less. 

Well actually tommy picked me and decided it was ok to curse and name call like a immature person would do. I thought he was a Trumper because he was acting like him. But anyways, I'm glad there are people here that haven't been fooled by that con man.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This isn't coherent.  Can you please structure this in a way that makes sense to the reader?  I'm more than happy to have this conversation with you, but we can't start here.

Wow, you need me to dumb it down for you? Hahahaha The real truth is you cannot rationally argue your own point.

Edited by first_and_ten

Just now, first_and_ten said:

Well actually tommy picked me and decided it was ok to curse and name call like a immature person would do. I thought he was a Trumper because he was acting like him. But anyways, I'm glad there are people here that haven't been fooled by that con man.

I do hope you stick around down here, sincerely. We need more voices in the basement. So don't take this the wrong way... but a lot of people down here (without naming names) will name call, troll, and make fun of new posters (and their ideas) until they show 1) they have a sense of humor and/or 2) they are capable of intellectual honesty. 

It's not the most mature way to vet new posters in the dungeon, but it's been the SOP down here for over a decade. Stick to your guns, but try honestly listening to the opposing voices, and you'll quickly learn who's legitimately interested in discussion and debate, and who just wants to be an ass. 

Tom can straddle both those lines, but he's one of the (many) who will engage in honest conversation. :beer: 

10 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Wow, you need me to dumb it down for you? Hahahaha The real truth is you cannot rationally argue your own point.

No, you illiterate piece of ****, I want you to write in coherent English.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and am actually willing to engage with you, so stop acting like a !@#$ing moron.

25 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Another Moron who didn't take the time to read what I wrote. Stay blind and keep kissing Trump's butt while he keeps laughing at you. The con man n chief. Now tommy boy, you can commence with the cursing, as per your usual 

I read what you wrote.  It was shallow and ignorant.  Because all you know about the law is what your chosen editorials have echoed back to you.

Try reading the law and running through a few tax scenarios, like an adult.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I do hope you stick around down here, sincerely. We need more voices in the basement. So don't take this the wrong way... but a lot of people down here (without naming names) will name call, troll, and make fun of new posters (and their ideas) until they show 1) they have a sense of humor and/or 2) they are capable of intellectual honesty. 

It's not the most mature way to vet new posters in the dungeon, but it's been the SOP down here for over a decade. Stick to your guns, but try honestly listening to the opposing voices, and you'll quickly learn who's legitimately interested in discussion and debate, and who just wants to be an ass. 

Tom can straddle both those lines, but he's one of the (many) who will engage in honest conversation. :beer: 

Actually I have been around here for years, I like to read people's opinions on the Bills and sports in general. Every now and then I like to engage and give my opinion. I knew when I brought politics into this , especially Trump, it would probably get a reaction. After all he's the most devisive person ever to hold office.  

But anyways, I appreciate your honest take. Also, I am not one of those who just wants to be an ass. 

And Tom can straddle all the lines he wants to. He has freedom of speech. But it would be nice if people like him could make a point without resorting to childish name calling. I'v been around message boards long enough to realize that people like him exist . They never bother me. I actually laugh at their antics

Now let the attack commence!!!!! LOL

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I read what you wrote.  It was shallow and ignorant.  Because all you know about the law is what your chosen editorials have echoed back to you.

Try reading the law and running through a few tax scenarios, like an adult.

Tom, you finally made it thru a post at me without cursing...you're now a progressive. LOL.  And I'm an accountant  for your information. "try reading the law like an adult' ? Hahahaha that actually made me laugh out loud. Tom, I'm done trying to reason with you. You're way too hard headed and proud.  I turn down business with people like you for that very reason. Now you can go ahead and rant and curse at me, but I will not respond to you. I might as well be talking to my stapler...good luck to you, no hard feelings Tom...

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, you illiterate piece of ****, I want you to write in coherent English.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and am actually willing to engage with you, so stop acting like a !@#$ing moron.

Talking to you is like trying to teach Calculus to my 5 year old. I'm done with you too. Ignorance is bliss LOL

5 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Let me say that the current tax code in my view is deeply flawed both before and after the recent changes.  For me I think it should be much flatter which would eliminate favorable treatment.  Just to use a number, if the corporate rate and top fed individual tax rate and small business tax rate were all the same at 21%, then we wouldn't have the finger pointing.  That isn't necessarily the right number, just an example. 

Side note, there is actually a good case to be made to only tax consumption rather than labor and income. 

If I were king for a day, the tax code would get much flatter and each person or family would be treated as their own entity with deductions for health insurance and health care expenses and health savings accounts, retirement savings, education expenses mortgage interest (with a cap) and a first time home buyer incentive.  I'd also pass a law that rates must rise or fall in unison, no special treatment for those at the bottom or top.  I would propose raising medicare/SS rates because, well, this is what it really costs to run these programs and also propose cuts and let the people vote on that.  I would eliminate federal Medicaid tax since we have state line health insurance restrictions and give those that have continually supported the state restrictions exactly what they deserve or demand that the state line protections be removed if Medicaid is to remain a federal program.  At the same time I would tell every federal agency that is not part of an entitlement to submit a presentation justifying their existence with a cost benefit analysis and make deep cuts to low producing agencies. I would work to get the budget balanced inside of 10 years. 

Then, with taxation more fairly applied and budgets and entitlements in good fiscal shape, people can choose between politicians that want to make tax and budgetary changes that have more equal impact on all of us. 

Lastly and more related to the thread topic and what CK is preaching, I would encourage states to make jail sentences much harsher, much shorter and with a true rehab component and truly awful for repeat offenders. 

17 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Talking to you is like trying to teach Calculus to my 5 year old. I'm done with you too. Ignorance is bliss LOL

So you came down here to be an !@#$, post Op-Eds which report to your confirmation biases, and to write incoherent  gibberish?

Great.

I'm sure you're a real peach of a guy.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of trying to figure out if you're worth anyone's time or not.

42 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Tom, you finally made it thru a post at me without cursing...you're now a progressive. LOL.  And I'm an accountant  for your information. "try reading the law like an adult' ? Hahahaha that actually made me laugh out loud. Tom, I'm done trying to reason with you. You're way too hard headed and proud.  I turn down business with people like you for that very reason. Now you can go ahead and rant and curse at me, but I will not respond to you. I might as well be talking to my stapler...good luck to you, no hard feelings Tom...

Then try reading the law like a !@#$ing accountant, you overgrown man-child.

I read it, for tax planning for this year, to adjust my withholding and plan my quarterly payments.  I know the articles you're quoting are cherry-picked half-truths.

32 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

I've taught calculus to five year olds.  It's not that difficult.   Ever consider that maybe the problem is you, and not the kindergartener?

56 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

And I'm an accountant  for your information. "try reading the law like an adult' ? Hahahaha that actually made me laugh out loud. Tom, I'm done trying to reason with you. You're way too hard headed and proud.  I turn down business with people like you for that very reason. Now you can go ahead and rant and curse at me, but I will not respond to you. I might as well be talking to my stapler...good luck to you, no hard feelings Tom...

If what you've presented here today is any indication of your understanding of the federal tax code, you're likely already under investigation for negligence and/or fraud.  That may be for the best though.  That way when you go to prison, your five year old will have the opportunity to be raised by whatever guy your wife starts !@#$ing, and that level of addition by subtraction may give him the fighting chance in life that you clearly won't be able to.

7 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

You're right, I have already ignored the two children

A daily basis

NFL draft meanwhile New York Giants head coach Pat Shurmur telling reporters today he's planning on picking at number two overall which 1.2 no trade being available for Buffalo at 2nd overall currency which is which is power in the draft to be able to move around on the board and when their players there that we think of the impact players will Target in the try and go get them now