It's #2 Spot or no Trade-Up at All

With the Broncos pick wide open at 5, the Bills would have made this move already if they liked 3 QBs.

This tells me that there are 2 that they would give up the farm for and we won't know that until Cleveland picks. If the Giants sit and pick at 2, the writing is on the wall for tier 2 qb. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

With the Broncos pick wide open at 5, the Bills would have made this move already if they liked 3 QBs.

This tells me that there are 2 that they would give up the farm for and we won't know that until Cleveland picks. If the Giants sit and pick at 2, the writing is on the wall for tier 2 qb. 

Do you know Jackson had more rushes than he did completions? Pats are interested in him.

Because 3 is not getting traded by the Jets and Browns are not taking a 2nd QB at 4

And how do you know 4 isnt getting traded again??

so you go to 5 thinking you are getting one of the 3. Then four gets traded on draft day now your SOL. 

So again how does liking 3 QBs mean that they would already trade to 5?

or that they would go to 2 for a certain player and 5 for another. Or want to see what happens at 1 before pulling any trigger on any trade. 

Meaning this entire premise is so flawed 

Edited by MAJBobby

You move up to 5 now and give other QB-needy teams two days to trade up to 4 or 2. Better to let the chips fall and make a move the night of, if they can get the guy they want.

If we were going to do something today I'd say try to move to 4 with the Browns, and then on draft day if the Giants bite (since they'd be able to get Barkley at 4), leapfrog the Jets.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Meh. said:

You move up to 5 now and give other QB-needy teams two days to trade up to 4 or 2. Better to let the chips fall and make a move the night of, if they can get the guy they want.

If we were going to do something today I'd say try to move to 4 with the Browns, and then on draft day if the Giants bite (since they'd be able to get Barkley at 4), leapfrog the Jets.

This is the correct answer

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The ONLY move you make prior to the Draft is up to 2 if you like multiple QBs 

then you have your choice before Jets. 

Other then that you WAIT until day of 

Which, as far as we know, is not happening right now. It's the waiting game for us. 

I have not read a thing about Browns moving off of 4

And that may just be why it will most likely happen - because it has been kept quiet all this time. The Bills and Browns may have discussed this possibility since TT was traded to the Browns....

9 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This is the correct answer

The problem is that other teams like the Cardinals and Dolphins don't have the same Draft capital as the Bills to be able to move to the top-4 especially considering how much the Jets paid for that 3rd pick.  The Bills and possibly the Patriots are the only ones with the type of draft picks that can entice the top-4 teams to do a trade.

As I posted in another thread...the wild card is the Giants...What if the Giants traded Eli Manning to Jacksonville and get a bounty.  Then they will pick the #2 best QB in the draft and set the franchise up for success for the next decade.  The Colts did it a few years ago...so why not the Giants.

Just now, ganesh said:

The problem is that other teams like the Cardinals and Dolphins don't have the same Draft capital as the Bills to be able to move to the top-4 especially considering how much the Jets paid for that 3rd pick.  The Bills and possibly the Patriots are the only ones with the type of draft picks that can entice the top-4 teams to do a trade.

As I posted in another thread...the wild card is the Giants...What if the Giants traded Eli Manning to Jacksonville and get a bounty.  Then they will pick the #2 best QB in the draft and set the franchise up for success for the next decade.  The Colts did it a few years ago...so why not the Giants.

This is an interesting premise, and I think it would be much more likely if Bortles didn't lead the Jags as deep into the playoffs as he did. I think they stick with him for a while longer. If anything, they might be a dark horse for Mason Rudolph or Mike White. 

Cant assume any pick.  Buffalo is not going to make a move up until the guy they want ia their.  To me the most obvious conmection to me is Rosen to Buffalo.  The media doesnt want it.  They are all saying Giants or Jets.  Looks like the next best Qb and hope he is in a big market.  Most pro ready and Buffalo needs a day 1 starter at qb.  He talked his way out of Cleveland Imo right into Buffalo.