Florida WR Antonio Callaway tested positive for marijuana at combine

8 hours ago, jr1 said:

this is why I don't believe the "marijuana isn't addictive" argument. We've seen so many guys sacrifice millions to smoke it

It isn’t addictive in the way nicotine, heroine, or alcohol are. Where your body becomes physically dependent on the substance to function. But similar to an oral fixation (smoking) or a beer after work, the pattern become tough to break, which again is drastically different than a physical addiction/dependency..

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't care he bakes. It's going to be fully legal within two years. Suspending players for weed is stupid when other more dangerous and reprehensible behaviours are tolerated by the league. It's kabuki theater. 

It's kabuki theater to you. It may even be hypocritical by NFL standards. But it's a rule to the NFL, and as a potential draft pick, if you're too freaking stupid to understand and accept that fact, and lay low before the draft, I don't want you on my team, I don't care how good you think you are.

There's no room on an NFL team for lazy and stupid.

Unless he doesn't want to play in the NFL, in which case he can wake and bake 'til he's dead.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's kabuki theater to you. It may even be hypocritical by NFL standards. But it's a rule to the NFL, and as a potential draft pick, if you're too freaking stupid to understand and accept that fact, and lay low before the draft, I don't want you on my team, I don't care how good you think you are.

Unless he doesn't want to play in the NFL, in which case he can wake and bake 'til he's dead.

You are correct. It's a rule and he broke it. But the rule might as well be no chocolate chip cookies.

46 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Its a stupid rule but it’s a rule.  And it’s not just this.  This guy seems like a trash, stupid person who can’t follow any type of rules.  Million dollar talent, ten cent head. 

14 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

You don't care that he smokes dope or you don't care that he's too lazy and stupid to use good judgement?

I don't care how good you are. If you're too freaking stupid to lay low a few weeks leading up to the biggest career day of your young life, I don't want you playing on my team. I'm not even sure I want you working the drive-thru window with hot beverages.

Thats the point.... it shows a lack of commitment to being an nfl player and stupidity...  

all you need to not do to test positive for thc at the combine is know how to use  calendar... 

AC is definitely a first round talent and I thought he would get picked up as early as the 3rd round if he was able to charm some GMs in his interviews.  I figured there was a very low chance he would stay out of trouble, but the gamble would be worth it in the middle rounds. 

After this, I think he doesn't get drafted.  Calloway had a giant spotlight on him during the combine.  Every interview he gave talked about nothing but the trouble he got into at FL.  He absolutely KNEW he had to hit a home run if he wanted a chance to continue his career.  The complete stupidity it takes to screw that up by continuing to smoke prior to the combine is hard to fully grasp.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Just spoke with remorseful #UF WR Antonio Callaway regarding his drug test at the Combine. He said he smoked weeks before but vowed “I take full responsibility for everything.” Callaway said Antonio Brown counseled him “There is too much opportunity to be messing up."

He is "remorseful" because he is losing potentially millions.  He should check to see if Jamaica has a football league.