2nd Worst Scenario

Domdab99

6 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

The absolute worst scenario is trading up to 2, giving up, 12, 22, a 2nd and next year's 1st - for Josh Allen. 

Here's the 2nd worst:

Browns - Allen

Giants - Darnold

Jets - Mayfield

Browns - xxx

Broncos - Rosen

And then Jackson gets picked before 12. 

This is not out of the realm of possibility. 

So, if this happens....what do you want the Bills to do?

(And if you say "Rudolph at 12," you should be banned)

If this happens, I wouldn't mind trading back one or both of our first round picks...but obviously, this is less than ideal. 

Rudolph at 22 ? (ducking)

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and how many posts like this are we going to see before the draft.. god.. 3 days cant come fast enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TRUST THE DAMN PROCESS! :D

Every coach the last 18 years has sad a similar version to this.

You know what happened to every coach prior to Mcd the last 18 years? They were fired. Because without a QB, it is just a revolving door of GMs coaches and players. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dubs said:

Good call on both of those scenarios. I would agree on worst and second worst. However, if the latter happens, then if I were Beane I’d fill holes and pick a QB next year when you’re picking in the top-5. Also I’d take Rudolph in the second if you can get him there. 

Unfortunately next years qb class looks like hot trash and wed be getting an ej manuel because we are forced to pick one

7 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

The absolute worst scenario is trading up to 2, giving up, 12, 22, a 2nd and next year's 1st - for Josh Allen. 

Josh Allen isnt my personal choice for #2, but I (nor anyone else on this board) dont know nearly as much as Beane and the professionals.

If they make the move up to #2, I will trust them on whoever they pick. Even if it was Lamar Jackson.

The key is moving up and getting our pick of the litter as early as possible.

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Take one of Roquan / Edmonds / Ward / James / Fitzpatrick at 12. 

Trade 22 & one of the seconds to get a second guy out of that group. Walk out of day 1 adding 2 “blue chip” defensive talents for McD’s D. 

Take one of Lauletta / White / Falk later in the draft. Use the rest of our picks to fill “holes” in the offense and LBs. 

But there are no other picks at 12 but QB's in this draft ... :blink:

OMG !! A Bills fan that makes some sense or are you a Pats fan in disguise :ph34r: rock on Brother !! 

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Take one of Roquan / Edmonds / Ward / James / Fitzpatrick at 12. 

Trade 22 & one of the seconds to get a second guy out of that group. Walk out of day 1 adding 2 “blue chip” defensive talents for McD’s D. 

Take one of Lauletta / White / Falk later in the draft. Use the rest of our picks to fill “holes” in the offense and LBs. 

What are you doing actually answering my question with no snark??

Edited by Domdab99

8 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Here's the 2nd worst:

Browns - Allen

Giants - Darnold

Jets - Mayfield

Browns - xxx

Broncos - Rosen

And then Jackson gets picked before 12. 

This is not out of the realm of possibility. 

So, if this happens....what do you want the Bills to do?

(And if you say "Rudolph at 12," you should be banned)

If this happens, I wouldn't mind trading back one or both of our first round picks...but obviously, this is less than ideal. 

If this happens, well we are SOL...

I would take a day 2 QB, pick players or trade back for picks next year, start AJM this year, and reset for a QB prospect early in the draft next year.

I don't love it, but it's damage control. We can't just take a second-tier guy, if that means waiting another year then I suppose we would not have much of a choice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Every coach the last 18 years has sad a similar version to this.

You know what happened to every coach prior to Mcd the last 18 years? They were fired. Because without a QB, it is just a revolving door of GMs coaches and players. 

That's a bunch of Mularkey, you Marrone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I do not think that anyone disagrees that we DO need a "franchise" QB.  That is defined as a QB who seriously contributes to the Bills winning enough games to get deep into the playoffs every year.   The question is whether we HAVE to trade 6 high draft picks this year and a couple next year to get "the guy" in the top 3-4 picks this year.  One thing the Bills have NOT done is to draft a QB in the lower 1st round or the 2nd or 3rd round most years in order to get one without giving up 2 years of draft picks.   If this year is the greatest QB year in history, then we should do just fine in getting a "franchise guy" at #12 or with a modest trade up to 6-11.   If there are a lot of hyped busts coming out of this draft, then why not try to limit the damage?