Warren Sharp: NFL draft warning re QB evaluation process.

PIZ

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Billick mentioned this on NFL Network a couple of months ago as a specific caveat for Josh Allen.

Doesn't apply to Allen, dude. He simply didn't have enough quality receivers...

...and those stationary target nets are crap.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the OP's point might have been, "don't draft an accuracy-challenged QB in the 1st round and hang your NFL hat on him"

I agree. But Baltimore needed a QB and Boller was the 3rd best QB available. They took a shot and it didn’t work 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

The most interesting thing to me there is it took a pro staff a couple of years to figure out that Boller was bad. 

IMO, it's not that they didn't notice those flaws on film. It's that they thought they could fix them. Obviously, you have to pick and choose what you think you can get away with. You all have to be confident in your ability to develop players to some extent. IIRC, the only guy who was viewed as a sure-fire pick that year was Palmer.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

IMO, it's not that they didn't notice those flaws on film. It's that they thought they could fix them. Obviously, you have to pick and choose what you think you can get away with. You all have to be confident in your ability to develop players to some extent. IIRC, the only guy who was viewed as a sure-fire pick that year was Palmer.

It believe Leftwich was as well...just expected in the later part of the round. 

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Lesson: get an accurate QB.

But what if they can’t throw the ball 85 yards on one knee, blind folded and into the wind with a cockatoo on his other shoulder? 

• Haha (+1) 1