Anyone else besides me NOW wish we had given up a lot to get to 3?

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I can see that as well, he is a dunce, but I have to support the team no matter what. What happens if Beane trades up for Allen?

Honestly in regards to Allen, if we take him at 12 I'd be ok with that. If we moved up it would be totally dependent on where and for how much. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Sure, but if the Bills decide they want pick 4 they can offer the Browns 12, 22,53, 56, 65 and 96. I’m not saying that they will but the Browns can’t say no to an offer that the Bills put together. Otherwise the Browns take another player at 4 and the Bills start negotiating with Denver (who has said that they want to go back). 

Of course they can say no, remember, they have a different management now, the previous ones traded back and look what that got them. Once again, you have to have a team that wants to trade with you.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I can see that as well, he is a dunce, but I have to support the team no matter what. What happens if Beane trades up for Allen?

Then the offseason just got a whole lot longer, and we wait to see if Beane is a genius or a short timer

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Honestly in regards to Allen, if we take him at 12 I'd be ok with that. If we moved up it would be totally dependent on where and for how much. 

You can have Allen all day long, I want him nowhere near my team.

Just now, ddaryl said:

Then the offseason just got a whole lot longer, and we wait to see if Beane is a genius or a short timer

I have more faith in your GM than mine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

maybe a day 3 project QB but I would not put all my chips in the Allen basket either

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

so you would realize that drafting "a stud" at any other position will have little impact on the overall success of this team. 

and if the Jets get a franchise QB and the Bills dont, the Jets will be better than the Bills for a long time. 

but Yay for all those pickz!!!1!1!!!

You have to build a roster to compete. For how great Rodgers and Brees have been they've each won it all once. Why is that do you think? 

Being that we have lacked a real franchise QB it's really easy to say "ZOMG IFL WE AD ONE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR"... But honestly that is far from the truth. You need a top QB but you also have to surround him with talent. And this just in..it takes more than 1 off-season to get it done.

I agree though, if we don't get that top guy this year with all the guys coming out and all the assets we have it'd be a shame.

You have to build a roster to compete. For how great Rodgers and Brees have been they've each won it all once. Why is that do you think? 

Being that we have lacked a real franchise QB it's really easy to say "ZOMG IFL WE AD ONE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR"... But honestly that is far from the truth. You need a top QB but you also have to surround him with talent. And this just in..it takes more than 1 off-season to get it done.

I agree though, if we don't get that top guy this year with all the guys coming out and all the assets we have it'd be a shame.

47 of the 52 Superbowls have had either a HOF QB or a QB that was top 10 all time in QB Rating.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Allen is a risk, but if Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen are gone then I'd rather have him over Jackson or Rudolph. Allen does scream bust...but if the light ever turned on for him and he reached his potential he's deadly at that point. Big if though.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Of course they can say no, remember, they have a different management now, the previous ones traded back and look what that got them. Once again, you have to have a team that wants to trade with you.

Okay, but if they say no they aren’t taking a 2nd QB in the top 4 picks so the point remains. Chubb or Barkley comes off the board at 4 and the Bills go to 5.

I felt frustrated when it happened, and feel the same now--- especially with the distinct possibility the Bills could miss out on all four of the top guys. Hopefully McDermott and Beane will pull something off.

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

But many people think Colts will still trade from 6 to 12.

I don't think the Bills were ready to trade up. 

Yeah, but in the end the Colts would wind up with more picks making 2 trades down to 12...

Why are ppl having such a hard time understanding this???

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Allen is a risk, but if Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen are gone then I'd rather have him over Jackson or Rudolph. Allen does scream bust...but if the light ever turned on for him and he reached his potential he's deadly at that point. Big if though.

For sure, big if for all of them. I would rather take the swing on one of them and miss, then not try at all and be left with what ifs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, par73 said:

I felt frustrated when it happened, and feel the same now--- especially with the distinct possibility the Bills could miss out on all four of the top guys. Hopefully McDermott and Beane will pull something off.

This is what happens when you don't tank...

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Okay, but if they say no they aren’t taking a 2nd QB in the top 4 picks so the point remains. Chubb or Barkley comes off the board at 4 and the Bills go to 5.

What if Allen is still there at 5 and Denver decides not to trade with you? Elway likes those big armed qb's

And? QB rating is one of the most USELESS stats out there. That's like saying 47 of the 52 Super Bowls have had a QB with brown eyes.

Sure, because it doe not fit Your "build the team and it will work" no one is saying that if you get a QB you will be in the superbowl. We are saying if you get one, you have a chance to get there every year.

You are going to tell me this list doe not hold any water.

1 Aaron Rodgers 104.93
2 Peyton Manning 97.22
3 Steve Young* 96.81
4 Philip Rivers 95.97
5 Tony Romo 95.78
6 Tom Brady 96.73
7 Drew Brees 95.26
8 Kurt Warner 93.71
9 Ben Roethlisberger 92.59
10 Joe Montana* 92.26
Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

You are going to tell me this list doe not hold any water.

1 Aaron Rodgers 104.93
2 Peyton Manning 97.22
3 Steve Young* 96.81
4 Philip Rivers 95.97
5 Tony Romo 95.78
6 Tom Brady 96.73
7 Drew Brees 95.26
8 Kurt Warner 93.71
9 Ben Roethlisberger 92.59
10 Joe Montana* 92.26

Nice list of players. What color are their eyes?