Josh Rosen most likely to fall out of top 10 due to injuries

1 minute ago, Jammer8732 said:

Only lost 2 starters on the O line this off season. Back in the Jim Kelly days, we had one of the best O lines in the league. Bad O line + Rookie QB = top 5 pick again next year. 

As I have posted many times, rebuilding the team into a perennial playoff contender is more than a 2018 offseason endeavor.  Get the QB!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Could you imagine Rosen sliding out of the top 10 and the Pats* moving up to get him?

I mean this could be an absolute disaster of a draft night......

Imagine the Bills packaging 3-4 picks together, moving up and drafting Josh Allen and then the Pats* ending up with Rosen for like half the picks when this is all said and done.  What a nightmare scenario.

The Pats* end up with perhaps the best QB in the draft for peanuts and the Bills packages a ton of assets for a guy that may not even see the field for 2 years.....if he ever does at all.  Would make me absolutely sick seeing this play out.

Edited by sven233

18 minutes ago, Jammer8732 said:

According to NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, personnel executives he has spoken with believe Rosen could potentially fall out of the top 10 due to injury concerns.

Jeremiah also said he has heard three quarterbacks will likely come off the board in the first five picks with USC's Sam Darnold, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen standing out as the top possibilities.

Jeremiah pointed out that a shoulder injury cost Rosen several games in 2016 and that he suffered two concussions last season.

This would be great for the Bills if this were true! Such a run on QBs in the top 5 picks would make available a ton of stud players at bother positions where the Bills have holes.  It is pretty doubtful that even in this deep QB draft that any of these QBs is going to be an immediate franchise player.  Does anyone want to seriously claim that not only is it CERTAIN that any of these QBs will definitely be a franchise [layer but will be one immediately

A strategy that recognizes that yes we need a franchise QB, but the timing is better to build a TEAM this year and follow the model Pptts employed when they drafted Big Ben of build your TEAM first and then get your Franchise QB!

If the Bills trade up and give up 2 1sts (plus)to draft an alleged franchise QB we not only lose a lot in '18 but perhaps for a long time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm starting to feel sorry for Rosen now. If he falls, I'd be ok with us taking him. Also, someone asked me a great question today: name the last great USC qb in the NFL. Id say Palmer but he wasn't great

10 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Could you imagine Rosen sliding out of the top 10 and the Pats* moving up to get him?

Imagine the Bills packaging 3-4 picks together, moving up and drafting Josh Allen and then the Pats* ending up with Rosen for like half the picks when this is all said and done.  What a nightmare scenario.

I could potentially imagine.  

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I could potentially imagine.  

If Rosen fell out of the top 10 then the Dolphins would have next crack at him and I doubt the two do business.  Then it would be us at 12 and while I am not gaga over Rosen he would be a good choice at 12.  The Pats would have to jump up to 6-9 in my opinion to get him.

21 minutes ago, sven233 said:

The Pats* end up with perhaps the best QB in the draft for peanuts and the Bills packages a ton of assets for a guy that may not even see the field for 2 years.....if he ever does at all.  Would make me absolutely sick seeing this play out.

Tbe didaster would be drafting Josh Allen. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Jammer8732 said:

Didn’t see this one somehow. 2 concussions in a season isn’t good at any position. Not sure why this hasn’t got much play. I see early retirement in his future. 

48 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It has.

Hmmm?  Jammer, have you been wearing your helmet?   How many fingers am I holding up? 

12 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Almost ha.

How do you know?

Every single stat. And I have eyes. The guy was mediocre in a mediocre conference. But he’s suddenly going to be a franchise QB in the NFL?

Allen is Blaine Gabbert 2.0.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

If Rosen fell out of the top 10 then the Dolphins would have next crack at him and I doubt the two do business.  Then it would be us at 12 and while I am not gaga over Rosen he would be a good choice at 12.  The Pats would have to jump up to 6-9 in my opinion to get him.

But then Rosen says he doesn't want to play for Buffalo and wants to be traded to New England or he's going to the CFL.  The Bills consider it a bluff and don't oblige and he signs a mega contract with the Toronto Argonauts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

But then Rosen says he doesn't want to play for Buffalo and wants to be traded to New England or he's going to the CFL.  The Bills consider it a bluff and don't oblige and he signs a mega contract with the Toronto Argonauts.

I think something that drastic would have been figured out in the interviews before now.  Not that the general public would know that Rosen's Bills interview was a disaster but at least the team would be fore warned.  Heck, they might gamble on taking him with the idea of trading him for in excess of the value of the number 12 pick.  No doubt that they would talk to Arizona, Pittsburgh, etc. before they make that gamble.

33 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Hmmm?  Jammer, have you been wearing your helmet?   How many fingers am I holding up? 

6?

17 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Then the bills move to Toronto and he becomes a Bill after all. ...(You can tell draft day is near)

• Haha (+1) 1