Connor McDermott (Bills OT) on Josh Rosen

Rigotz

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hmmm.

How do I trust what his close teammate says about him, when posters on this board who have never met him have told me he's nothing more than an "Entitled Liberal Jew Millennial"?

Doesnt add up.

Why can't he be that and good?

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Don't forget that he 'doesn't fit the culture' and 'isn't McDermott's kind of guy', from guys not in the culture not named McDermott.

I actually do still belive this is entirely possible... but not in a toxic to the locker room way.  

More in a way that McD is as straight laced as they come and I belive that would be what he wants in his QB too

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great insight, gramps. Way to fall right into that satire.

liberal jew is also redundant 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hmmm.

How do I trust what his close teammate says about him, when posters on this board who have never met him have told me he's nothing more than an "Entitled Liberal Jew Millennial"?

Doesnt add up.

and he is stinkin' rich and doesn't even like football! he was sent by the hoodie to destroy us! 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I actually do still belive this is entirely possible... but not in a toxic to the locker room way.  

More in a way that McD is as straight laced as they come and I belive that would be what he wants in his QB too

liberal jew is also redundant 

Could be but I also think McDermott is smart enough to be flexible when it benefits the team. That is, I don't think he's picking a lesser rated QB (or rating Qbs lesser in major, board breaking ways ) based on said QB not being 'straight laced as the come', which isn't a typical trait of any young man entering adulthood.

Also....there are some super conservative Jewish folks out there.

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Could be but I also think McDermott is smart enough to be flexible when it benefits the team. That is, I don't think he's picking a lesser rated QB (or rating Qbs lesser in major, board breaking ways ) based on said QB not being 'straight laced as the come', which isn't a typical trait of any young man entering adulthood.

Also....there are some super conservative Jewish folks out there.

I met them both too...

On McD- he’s smart, but if my read on his personality from afar is close, his flexibility may be applied to some positions, but not QB because it’s potentially a decade long marriage 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I met them both too...

On McD- he’s smart, but if my read on his personality from afar is close, his flexibility may be applied to some positions, but not QB because it’s potentially a decade long marriage 

Well there's a LOT more than 2 man, but I get the 'joke'.

I understand that it's considered a potential long term relationship....but unless coach is assuming he's likely picking the wrong guy, he pretty much has to consider every 1st round pick a long term relationship.

The fact that a lot more rides on a QB than say, a CB or a WR, to me means this is where you need to be MORE flexible with your personal feelings and make sure simply you get the best guy. Make "process" points with the rest of the team with the punter or second string safety or something. With Qb...get the best player.

13 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Well there's a LOT more than 2 man, but I get the 'joke'.

I understand that it's considered a potential long term relationship....but unless coach is assuming he's likely picking the wrong guy, he pretty much has to consider every 1st round pick a long term relationship.

The fact that a lot more rides on a QB than say, a CB or a WR, to me means this is where you need to be MORE flexible with your personal feelings and make sure simply you get the best guy. Make "process" points with the rest of the team with the punter or second string safety or something. With Qb...get the best player.

I hear you- I just keep coming back to this being more like a job interview and hiring decision.  

In reality  Very little really separates these guys.  They all were valedictorians of their school so to speak.  And hiring managers don’t look at every candidates pros and cons the same way. That’s all. We’ll see- I’m strictly making a wild speculation based on a behavior pattern and long distance personality read... 

Personally- there is something about him that makes me belive he is the top QB from this draft 5 years from now. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood