Nick Foles Would Love the Opportunity to Start Again

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I cannot believe he is going to stay with the Eagles and not hold out for more money. If he is not traded after the draft I will be amazed, if he stays with the Eagles and plays under that contract I will flip my lid.

Get ready to flip your lid. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I cannot believe he is going to stay with the Eagles and not hold out for more money. If he is not traded after the draft I will be amazed, if he stays with the Eagles and plays under that contract I will flip my lid.

I dunno, waiting a year and getting to pick where to go might be a pretty good idea. 

• Like (+1) 4

I'm probably the minority here,  but I'd rather take Foles than pretty much any QB in the draft.

In fairness, I don't follow college ball but the most reliable thing everyone knows about these new QBs is that they really don't know jackschitt about how these QBs will do in the NFL.

Meanwhile, you have a young guy in Foles who stood fearlessly on the NFL's biggest stage, got in a shoot-out Brady*, and still beat the Pats*.

I understand he's not going anywhere this year until they know if Wentz can play, but damn this guy would look good in Buffalo. Not to mention, you don't have to give up the farm for him, leaving you with more picks to get more talent.

Dreamin', I guess. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get ready to flip your lid. 

Im not so sure about that. I think they might move him but not until pre-season when someone else suffers an injury and Wentz is healthy and on the field.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

I'm probably the minority here,  but I'd rather take Foles than pretty much any QB in the draft.

In fairness, I don't follow college ball but the most reliable thing everyone knows about these new QBs is that they really don't know jackschitt about how these QBs will do in the NFL.

Meanwhile, you have a young guy in Foles who stood fearlessly on the NFL's biggest stage, got in a shoot-out Brady*, and still beat the Pats*.

I understand he's not going anywhere this year until they know if Wentz can play, but damn this guy would look good in Buffalo. Not to mention, you don't have to give up the farm for him, leaving you with more picks to get more talent.

Dreamin', I guess. 

29 years old isn't exactly young

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Im not so sure about that. I think they might move him but not until pre-season when someone else suffers an injury and Wentz is healthy and on the field.

Cheap insurance for Wentz with no guarantee he'll be ready by week 1 and no team met their high asking price. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's middle aged for an NFL QB and it isn't the issue with him.  It's his mercurial play over the course of his career. 

Yeah, but same age as Kirk Cousins who just got the highest contract ever. So there's that. 

I agree that Foles is an enigma. I will be very interested to see how the next part of his career pans out. I wouldn't mind watching that in Buffalo, but I ain't going to cry myself to sleep either if it's not here. (well, I will, but that has more to do with my fear of the dark)

all that being said, he's still not as "risky" as the guys in the draft if for no other reason than we have seen him produce at the NFL level. 

Edited by whatdrought

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Dreamin', I guess. 

I am with you, on this particular issue. 

I feel like we have so many holes to fill...we could really help our roster exponentially by using a bunch of these picks to bolster our roster.  Foles, at least, has achieved something in the NFL, and I think there is a better chance than not he will be a decent starter again.  Of course, I am intrigued by this years QB draft class, but I don't feel certain about any of them.  I think the odds of Foles being good-great are better than any of these guys being a "franchise QB"...and I think he could be had at a much more reasonable price.

10 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Dreamin', I guess. 

I would love to get Foles. People can say that he didn’t do anything in St. Louis or Kansas City but if you look at what he did the first part of his career in Philly and then the postseason this past year, the guy is a stud in my opinion 

• Like (+1) 1