Simple question: what's the biggest threat to our country at this time?

boyst

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Maybe you should read again what she wrote so here, I'll help:

She said nothing about foreign countries buying out the US... Only that the US dollar is the preferred reserve trade currency around the world and that Russia and China both would like to change that. That would be very bad news for the US so again, she is correct....

If she can be faulted for anything in what she said it is the fact that Europe also hoped to supplant the dollar with the Euro but thanks to EU stupidity that isn't likely to happen any time soon.

Europe, and the Euro, is/has been traditionally coupled to the US and the dollar, all the way back to the end of WWII.  In essence, the US paved the way for the EU with the Marshall Plan, as an extension of our influence against Communist Russia.  See NATO today, as the military outgrowth.  The Euro was/is never going to supplant the dollar.  However, it will most likely be a part of the bundle of currencies which do supplant the dollar, and that's already under way.  One day, the reserve currency of the world will be "backed" by a bundle of national currencies (the various powers) and also by gold as well (as a stablizer), with international commerce being conducted in "Special Drawing Rights", or SDR's, the currency of the International Monetary Fund.

If you doubt this, just do the research.  It's already well underway.  Has been for awhile.  It's what fuels mega-conspiracy theories.

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}

14 hours ago, joesixpack said:

it's a debt. Debts either get paid or they dont. Hell, China could just quit BUYING it.

Yeah... But all electronics will be shut down (I read so here)... SO I can't/won't pay my bills either.

Win-Win

And to answer the OP's question:

Asian carp

It will end waterskiing on the Great Lakes, everything else follows. Including our ability to make change for a five at Wendy's in Honolul-a, San Francisco, Ashtabula.  And when it hits the electronics, it's gonna make me lonesome when they go.

But... I'll have some milk in a paper bag to drown all my sorrows in.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You bet!

I am doing my part to make sure they get through.

Thanks a lot. I've already noticed that all they do is fish-tail, are not much better than a left lane roadblock and park as if they have a treble hook in their mouth. You guys will do anything to get more dem votes.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Your best post ever. I'm serious.

:D

See we can find common ground.  We just can't show Tom this gem of a calendar... You know how he is about hot chicks w/fish!

Okay... I will source my link.  You know it is a "sport" fish in Europe...:lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/03/this-years-calendar-of-hot-women-posing-with-carp-is-here-so-get-your-fishy-freak-on-6973539/

But shhhh... No telling Tom.

Our own government. Hell, they already get lots of people killed in various wars. They already confiscate almost half our cash to redistribute for their own benefit. Shite right now they are about as dangerous as the Mafia operating in your neighborhood. 

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

Our own government. Hell, they already get lots of people killed in various wars. They already confiscate almost half our cash to redistribute for their own benefit. Shite right now they are about as dangerous as the Mafia operating in your neighborhood. 

Half?  My effective tax rate is about 15%.  You need to be in a higher tax bracket.

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

yup, and the libs insist angrily that this is the best of all possible worlds when they are leading it

and act like butthurt suckybabies the whole time they aren't in control

better to have a balanced view that takes into account all the nuances, and to enjoy the good things in our daily lives instead of carping and bellyaching the whole time

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Half?  My effective tax rate is about 15%.  You need to be in a higher tax bracket.

It's probably half in Canada after the taxes on "luxury goods" like gasoline and cat food

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Taking in consideration user taxes, tolls, fees etc. Sales taxes. Property taxes. All the hidden taxes in manufacturing and so on. Hell even if it's 25% it's theft. 

Having a monopoly on schools and forcing us to pay for it and if you don't (not pay taxes) you got to jail. Doesn't exactly sound like a friendly, nonaggressive relationship.

7 minutes ago, Dante said:

Having a monopoly on schools and forcing us to pay for it and if you don't (not pay taxes) you got to jail. Doesn't exactly sound like a friendly, nonaggressive relationship.

Be fair. They'll seize your house, evict you, sell it at auction, and suspend your driving privileges before tossing you in jail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dante said:

Taking in consideration user taxes, tolls, fees etc. Sales taxes. Property taxes. All the hidden taxes in manufacturing and so on. Hell even if it's 25% it's theft. 

I'm 25% off the top, then i pay a further 13% on non-essential purchases (like gasoline and cat food)

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Be fair. They'll seize your house, evict you, sell it at auction, and suspend your driving privileges before tossing you in jail.

Sorry. More compassionate than I realized.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I'm 25% off the top, then i pay a further 13% on non-essential purchases (like gasoline and cat food)

Tell the cat to fend for itself. Get mice and other vermin. 

How much is the tax on fuel in Canada these days? 

If you drink alcohol you can probably boost that 13% to 20% or so :thumbsup: 

16 minutes ago, Dante said:

Sorry. More compassionate than I realized.

Tell the cat to fend for itself. Get mice and other vermin. 

How much is the tax on fuel in Canada these days? 

If you drink alcohol you can probably boost that 13% to 20% or so :thumbsup: 

tax on a litre of gas is around 35% in Ontario

i'm easily taxed 60% of my income living a normal life