NFL Network Analyst Charley Casserly Mock Draft 2.0

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This has been in the crawler at the bottom of the screen for a while and I got a kick out of it.

Let's hope this guy is clueless. 

He's up to Pick 10 and this is the break down:

1) Cleveland--Darnold

2) Giants--Saquon Barkley

3) Jets--Josh Rosen

4) Cleveland--Bradley Chubb

5) BILLS--Trade Up With Denver To Take JOSH ALLEN

6) Colts--Quenton Nelson

7) Tampa Bay--Minkah Fizpatrick

8) Chicago--Denzel Ward

9) San Francisco--Marcus Davenport

10) Raiders--Tremaine Edmunds

this is funny, absolute 0 chance Allen goes in the Top 10. He is not NFL ready enough to risk a top 10 pick. He will fall late first or possibly further. 

Every time someone says "there is no way Bills take Allen" or "I don't think Bills like Allen" I think it's more wishful thinking than anything else. People HOPE the Bills won't take him. We have no earthly idea. As for me, at age 56, with five decades of Bills watching behind me, I always assume that what I don't want to happen will happen. So I'm naturally expecting an expensive trade up for Allen. 

Edited by MemBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....he has Lamar as a "2nd round project pick" for those in support of Jackson............

He also drafted Heath Shuler 3rd overall & looks like the grinch without his makeup.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Don't necessarily disagree with you, BB, but man this all depends on the Giants and whether they go QB or Chubb/Barkley.

Hypothetically, if Darnold goes 1, and Giants take Rosen at 2 I find it unlikely for the Jets to pass on Mayfield at 3.  I still believe some of the Allen top 3 hype is just that...hype.

Dolphins terrify me a bit lately at 11 because I think that is the team that doesn't know whether it wants soup or salad at the buffet. 

True but the giants aren't going Rosen, they probably go Barkley, Chubb or Quenton Nelson.

I think the draft will fall  similar to up above, minus us trading up for Allen.

Miami is not drafting a QB in the first. They are committed to Tannehill and may take one later.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he will get past Miami.  I don't think Miami is desperate to draft a QB, or would trade up to take Baker.... but if he is there at #11 I would be surprised if they pass.  

If the Bills can't get up into the top 5 for one of the two Joshes (they are the two I think the Bills really want) then going into that 7-9 range to take Baker if he slides is possible.  

We should  take Baker no matter what, Allen is not good. I like everything about him but his accuracy problems are alarming and is not worth the risk.

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i can't see elway passing on allen.

I can, he already had/has Osweiler and Lynch.

do you really think he wants to go down that road a third time?

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

True but the giants aren't going Rosen, they probably go Barkley, Chubb or Quenton Nelson.

I think the draft will fall  similar to up above, minus us trading up for Allen.

Miami is not drafting a QB in the first. They are committed to Tannehill and may take one later.

We should  take Baker no matter what, Allen is not good. I like everything about him but his accuracy problems are alarming and is not worth the risk.

I can, he already had/has Osweiler and Lynch.

do you really think he wants to go down that road a third time?

I like where your head is at, Barbarian!

Thumbs up.

Almost every mock draft I'm seeing pop up lately is linking Buffalo to Allen in a trade up with Denver or someone like them.

I just don't believe Buffalo covets Allen this much.  I personally don't like Allen at all and think he's not even one of the top 5 QBs in this class, but I can understand Buffalo viewing him as one of the top 5 QBs, possibly even the 3rd best... though I think that's a stretch.

But with all these drafts consistently linking Buffalo to trading up to #5, it makes me wonder how much any of them are actually paying attention to what these GMs (ours in particular, in this case) have been doing over the last year.  I'm expecting Beane to find a way to get one of his 2 favorite QBs in this draft, and whether that's Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield, I don't know, but I'm just not seeing (and more specifically, not wanting) Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, stuvian said:

Denver won't trade with us. There's no way Beane hangs his career on an unknown like Allen

Doug Whaley hung his career on EJ Manuel.

Then again, he is an idiot.

:lol:

Edited by Fadingpain

11 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Good. If he is so great why was he so average in college? :pirate:

If the Jets can protect him, He might work... But ONE good hit on his throwing shoulder, and he'll be down... Who knows for how long... There's no way Rosen could have played NFL, or college FB in the 80's or 90's

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Don't necessarily disagree with you, BB, but man this all depends on the Giants and whether they go QB or Chubb/Barkley.

Hypothetically, if Darnold goes 1, and Giants take Rosen at 2 I find it unlikely for the Jets to pass on Mayfield at 3.  I still believe some of the Allen top 3 hype is just that...hype.

Dolphins terrify me a bit lately at 11 because I think that is the team that doesn't know whether it wants soup or salad at the buffet. 

this is the most apt description of the dolphins I have ever seen. Well done sir. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

this is the most apt description of the dolphins I have ever seen. Well done sir. 

Btw, WD, there is no way I read the above and didn't hear Ron Swanson's voice in my head.

i would give quite a bit to have him do all Bills pressers!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts