Idea From WGR: Use Picks To Build Team Then Grab Rodgers Next Year With the Cap $$

I like Rodgers. He has great charisma. Love the commercials he is in, they make me laugh every time. That being said I don't want some other teams QB. 

I want home brew in Buffalo. I want my team to select and mold it's own QB. If we are always looking outside ourselves for the answers we will never find one. I want a QB to play his career from start to finish in Buffalo. I want other teams fans to covet what we have and not the opposite. 

Beane painted himself in a corner. It's almost assured we doing everything imaginable to be in position to draft a guy that will be the face. 

Edited by Lfod

And snap back to reality.  When was the last time a sure fire named franchise QB left a a team.. Teams do not let franchise QB's go ( except manning when he had a serious neck injury)

It will never happen Rogers will retire a packer.

3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Sorry I don't even remember who said this but on my ride to work this morning they talked about the idea.

We have a zillion picks this year. And we have I think 70 million in cap room for next year.

So they said one option would be to fix up the team with our draft, to make it a young, solid, attractive team.

Then next year just outspend the Packers by whatever it takes, to get Aaron Rodgers. They haven't got the money to match us they said.

I actually liked this idea. What do you guys think?

Sounds like an idea from a drunk caller. 

4 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Sorry I don't even remember who said this but on my ride to work this morning they talked about the idea.

We have a zillion picks this year. And we have I think 70 million in cap room for next year.

So they said one option would be to fix up the team with our draft, to make it a young, solid, attractive team.

Then next year just outspend the Packers by whatever it takes, to get Aaron Rodgers. They haven't got the money to match us they said.

I actually liked this idea. What do you guys think?

I would like it except for Rodgers being under contract through 2019.  Also, for just a few million more dollars collectively from the Bills he would probably just stay in GB.  

Edited by RochesterRob

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

IMO Rogers is over-rated.

For as much as everyone likes to say he's the "best QB in the league" his team doesn't get very far. And he snaps his collar bone every 18 months and misses most of the season.

This is simply not the case.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is simply not the case.

I'll admit not googling it and just going on my iffy memory.

My perception is that he has missed significant time twice now due to collarbone injuries, but I'm not near a computer to check on it.

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was this an idea by an on-air talent, or a caller? Sounds like a caller idea. If it was on-air talent they should be fired.

"long-time listener, first-time caller"....... Joe from Cheektawarsaw

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'll admit not googling it and just going on my iffy memory.

My perception is that he has missed significant time twice now due to collarbone injuries, but I'm not near a computer to check on it.

He's played in 15 or 16 games in eight of his ten seasons as the Packers' starting QB with the two shortened campaigns due to collar bone breaks: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The second any WGR show goes to the phones, is the exact time to change the channel.

no kidding Dawk ...... I don't know who is worse, WGR callers or some of the brainiacs who come up with hare-brained ideas every day, ad nauseum, here ....

5 hours ago, BuffaninATL said:

no kidding Dawk ...... I don't know who is worse, WGR callers or some of the brainiacs who come up with hare-brained ideas every day, ad nauseum, here ....

It’s a side affect from the BBMB mass migration. This board has lost its “it”.

Edited by Carter

9 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

http://www.ask8ball.net/

it solves all of life's unanswered questions.

SO I ran the question, and the Answer was MOST LIKELY

Just now, Carter said:

It’s a side affect from the BBMB mass immigration. This book board has lost its “it”. 

agreed....not to sound elitist, but TBD has lost some of its' luster ....too many people shooting from the hip and re-posting nearly identical brainchild ideas. Embarrassing.