The value of a franchsie QB

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

THIS is why your posts drive me nuts. 

The 1st 3/4 of this actually makes sense to a degree like you might be on to something.

Then you follow it up acting like you are smarter than 30ish GMs and it loses credibility.  

I'm sorry to have to be this blunt... but...

YOU DONT KNOW. 

Stop acting like you do. You have an opinion just like everyone else. That's all. Stop being so dismissive and your world will change dramatically.  I promise

Heh?  Of course I have an opinion just like everyone else.  What is wrong with expressing it as well and forcefully as you can?  Some people get really upset when something challenges them and rather attack and slander then consider something different.

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Never said you should "kill yourself" .

Was implying to delete your forum account.

Way to focus on that or the "bucks" thing and ignore the entire rest of your complete trash post that was inaccurate across the board.

Do you REALLY think saying 

9 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

this thread is terrible, I'd delete it.

Should delete himself.

can mean anything else but killing himself?  You didn't say delete your account.  You didn't say delete the post.   Geesh.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

You can't win a game of chess with only a queen. You can't win a game of chess without a queen. 

Elementary school level analysis...

Which NFL football team just got out of a nearly 2 decade long playoff drought? Which NFL team has not had a franchise QB for essentially that exact span of time? 

16 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Heh?  Of course I have an opinion just like everyone else.  What is wrong with expressing it as well and forcefully as you can?  Some people get really upset when something challenges them and rather attack and slander then consider something different.

Do you REALLY think saying 

Should delete himself.

can mean anything else but killing himself?  You didn't say delete your account.  You didn't say delete the post.   Geesh.

Ummm are you Tyrods friend? Bc that's who was quoted in your quoted retort...

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You are right.  A great QB can not make a WR outrun the DB on a fly pattern.  He can not pass the ball to a WR who doesn't get open.   When two o-linemen wiff on a block, he doesn't unfurl his pixy wings and rise into the air.

The fish just gave Tanneyhill a big contract.  I doubt they are going QB or trading up to get one of the top two.   They might take someone in the 1st that drops down to them.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article208018169.html

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-qb-first-round-20180303-story.html

Now, this is an actual response to something that was actually directed to you.

Since you are actually citing an article about a tammy extension like its proof it means something as well as the nature of your original post - I'm just going out on a limb and guess you haven't done much extra curricular draft digging. 

Rather than cite numerous pundits speculating the Fins are a team to keep an eye on qb wise as well as Gases apparent love for Mayfield,  you are just going to have to trust me. 

Now- will they go qb? Who knows. Some mocks have them going up for Mayfield. But things like that dont just pop up out of nowhere. They have to have some worries their starter might not be able to stay healthy or might not be their guy for the long haul. 

I guess my point is, to make a post of this nature and to not have your assumptions be correct on general consensus takes away from what you were trying to get at in the 1st place.  Rather than talk about your original point - here we are arguing the basis in which your point is founded on. 

10 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Funny thing. The Bills are drafting #12 this year and somehow there seems to be only a few teams (Browns, Jets & Broncos) who are pretty sure of drafting a QB ahead of us. Now we all expect that there will be some teams trading up to grab a QB, but if a QB is all that dang important and just makes everything butterflies and rainbows... why aren't all those teams drafting ahead of us grabbing a QB and moving directly on to the promise land? Doesn't a “franchise QB” get you there? Why aren't they drafting a QB? Or maybe they already have a “franchise” guy and still are in the bottom 12 of the league. How could that be?   Let's look:

Browns                (they have Kizer, OK, they are one of the ones getting a QB this year.

Giants                 they have Eli Manning. Sounds like he has been called a F.QB.        #1 overall pick

Jets                    They have moved up to get a QB

Texans               they have Watson Sounds like he has been called a F.QB.                #12 pick 4 year $14M

Broncos             They have a committee of 3 and are one of the ones getting a QB this year.

Colts                  they have Luck. Sounds like he has been called a F.QB.                   #1 overall pick

Bucks                they have Wilson Sounds like he has been called a F.QB                  #1 overall pick

Bears                 they have Trubinski Sounds like he has been called a F.QB             #2 overall pick

49'ers                they have Garoppolo Sounds like he has been called a F.QB           $27M/ year contract

Oakland           they have Carr Sounds like he has been called a F.QB                       5 year $125M

fish                    they have Tannehill Sounds like he has been called a F.QB              4 year $77M picked #8

If getting a “franchise QB” is the sure path to success, then why are eight of the teams who have “franchise guys” sitting before us in the draft?

I stopped when I read Browns have Kizer. 

Hmmmm he was traded a while ago. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

And this is what makes you a jacka$$.

Because you continually - and not just to me, but to everyone - want to deny them the right to have an opinion. The WHOLE POINT of doing objective analysis is to come away with an opinion.  

OBVIOUSLY I DO NOT KNOW. Does that it ANY WAY need to be stated clearly? Get off your high horse and stop condemning people for thinking something.

Edit: Really. I mean just look at the history of your posts. You are f-in ja$$, tell-people-to-shut-up loser. We are all entitled to have an opinion here. And in my entire time posting on boards like this, going back nearly 20 years I've never felt the need to put someone on ignore. Always gotta be a first and you are it, fella.

You realize you pulled this same ***edit : after looking at your posts...*** gag nonsense in another thread the other day, right? It wasn't clever or sassy then, and it's rather laughable a second time bc your using the same material that was stale on your 1st go round. 

Remember how I said it's just YOU? 

YOU rub me the wrong way. No one else, just YOU. 

You are a contradiction of yourself. 

You say that you dont know in REALLY big letters, but in prior posts in no uncertain terms claim you KNOW Mayfield will be the only good qb  ..... and maybe Rosen.

Literally the only consistancy you have is this lame ***edit*** line you keep using. You dont need to announce you have edited your post (it automatically says 'edited last' below) so you must be incorporating it in your initial post OR have such poor recognicance skills that you had to go back and reread all of my prior posts that you claim to have reread just a day ago???

That just cracks me up man. The best part is, you did all the work for me!!

If history repeats again, your next post directed at me will be something along the lines of calling me creepy for remembering what you post followed by something about being sad etc...

You make it too easy bud. WWAAYYY too easy..

Edited by gobills1212

MAJ Bobby

Sorry I wasn't completely accurate and didn't double check all the details. I started out wondering why all these teams that were ahead pf is in the draft were NOT in play for taking these super super 4-5 QB's.    It turned out that most of them already had pretty good looking QB's that we would be happy to have.  So maybe having the real good QB is not the recipe for success as much as some believe.  I'm tempted to also extend that list to include the other  ~ ten teams that didn't make the playoffs. I bet there are some real good names there.  .... maybe I won't because some heads might explode.....

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I stopped when I read Browns have Kizer. 

Hmmmm he was traded a while ago. 

What I was trying to get across. 

I get the premise, the list is just too inaccurate to base a convo off...

1 minute ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Sorry I wasn't completely accurate and didn't double check all the details. I started out wondering why all these teams that were ahead pf is in the draft were NOT in play for taking these super super 4-5 QB's.    It turned out that most of them already had pretty good looking QB's that we would be happy to have.  So maybe having the real good QB is not the recipe for success as much as some believe.  I'm tempted to also extend that list to include the other  ~ ten teams that didn't make the playoffs. I bet there are some real good names there.  .... maybe I won't because some heads might explode.....

No, you were right in having a good qb is super important... I just think it might be more differing ideas in who is a good qb and who isnt.

If you sell the farm to get a QB and he doesn't meet expectations, you set your franchise back years.  Your GM gets fired, the coaches are fired and the process starts all over again.  You gotta be very confident in the player if you take a QB high in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The whole package is needed.  The QB is the most important piece.  

Just a few things to point out.

-Luck didn't play last year at all.

-Eli was on a terrible team with a sh'+ coach.

-Garappalo wasn't there the whole season.

Tannehills not great but didn’t play either... and Watson was of course not playing most of the year... real trend here in the teams not taking a qb but picking high 

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

MAJ Bobby

You didn't get a single detail correct.

What I was trying to get across, and some people understood, is that there are a lot of teams picking 1-10 who have first round QB picks or at least $10-15M/year QB's......and they are still the bottom 10 in the league.     A number of people nit-picked spelling and tried to explain all this away. 

10 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You are a real sorry person.  Okay were the QB's I said were drafted in the first round, drafted in the first round?

END of thread.

You keep acting like your op had any actual correct information in it.

FFS dude, you literally thought kizer was still the Brown's QB.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

For some folks wrong about everything = pretty close to right.

He still thinks he's right though.

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

MAJ Bobby

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

What I was trying to get across, and some people understood, is that there are a lot of teams picking 1-10 who have first round QB picks or at least $10-15M/year QB's......and they are still the bottom 10 in the league.     A number of people nit-picked spelling and tried to explain all this away. 

C'mon man, nit-picking spelling? Now you're doubling down and digging yourself a bigger hole. Misspelling takes a back seat, for example, to Kizer being the Browns QB

• Like (+1) 1