Blackhawks' emergency goalie (day job: accountant) had to play last night

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I saw that he was experienced in some sort of league.  Aren’t there any high school/college/semi-pro Uncle Rico types around here?

Lot of people here played college ball

Dont know if the Bills are looking for a 3rd QB though... maybe ?

Edited by Buffalo716

If he was a goalie in some other minor/amateur league... How hard is it to plug the net for 14 minutes and being spotted 6 goals.  Suppose the Blackhawks could have lost if all 7 shots on goal go in.  But, your team in front, may play differently. Play keep away.

Not taking anything away from him... Yet, maybe the position of goaltender a little.  It has to be thee ONE position in all of sports where a weekend duffer can, MAY get by reasonably (<<<key word there) well with above average reflexes, skating abilities, etc...

A similar situation presented itself for game one of the Stanley Cup Finals in the 1930s... They pulled a drunk outta a bar... But, than again, that took balls in pre-facemask days.  And he won the whole game.  Yet, then again, they kept the puck on the ice back then. But any drunk off the street can beat Toronto.

Just saying. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If he was a goalie in some other minor/amateur league... How hard is it to plug the net for 14 minutes and being spotted 6 goals.  Suppose the Blackhawks could have lost if all 7 shots on goal go in.  But, your team

True but wouldn’t you be crapping your pants?

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From what I heard every game has the emergency goalie sitting in the stands on hot standby. 

Free games and a ? payday if lucky 

Nobody wants to play goalie.  Just imagine the game with no goalie.  It would be like basketball.

Why they don't charge for goalies when playing Rat Hockey.  You need a goalie.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From what I heard every game has the emergency goalie sitting in the stands on hot standby. 

Free games and a ? payday if lucky 

The wild part is there's just one emergency guy for both teams.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Correct.   Seems like a recipe for disaster.   

I wonder if the NHL has something to ensue fairness

I'm a Sabres fan but if I got to play goalie for th Flyers, I would give it my all. Who wouldn't? That's an amazing way to get your minutes in as a pro. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I'm a Sabres fan but if I got to play goalie for th Flyers, I would give it my all. Who wouldn't? That's an amazing way to get your minutes in as a pro. 

Who wouldn’t but someone will question it if disaster strikes. 

Per the Radio discussion 

The other times a sub was put in there were a few minutes or mere seconds on the clock.