Zay Jones Tweets "thankful to be alive"

When I think of all the dumb **** I did as a twenty something, then add in the fact that I hadn't just become an instant multimillionaire...I can't really hold this against him. Dumb and reckless yes, but not malicious from what I understand. 

Glad he's ok and hoping he gets his head on straight. 

• Like (+1) 5

We know what happened but not why. Whatever the reason I'm hoping that he is now well. He struggled last year. That was obvious. But what wasn't publicized was  that he played with an injury all season long. If any player is going to have a major turnaround  it is him. He playing up to what was expected from him when he was drafted will be a big unexpected bonus. 

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I wish him all the best and hope he can restore his career ASAP after getting his personal life together. Still not clear to me if any chemicals were involved, or it was just a case of some family genetics and stress catching up with him. Either way, something like that has to be a wake up call and push him to get whatever help he needs.

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

When I think of all the dumb **** I did as a twenty something, then add in the fact that I hadn't just become an instant multimillionaire...I can't really hold this against him. Dumb and reckless yes, but not malicious from what I understand. 

Glad he's ok and hoping he gets his head on straight. 

I mean, thank god they didn’t have iPhones when I was younger.

Best of luck to Zay.  Hopefully he can put the whole thing behind him and tear it up on the field this year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

His tweet is clearly related to him reflecting on it being his birthday today...maybe that part is semi-related to his incident but I think this thread title is a bit misleading

I don't. It seems like it's both the birthday and reflection of what happened less than two weeks ago.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We know what happened but not why. Whatever the reason I'm hoping that he is now well. He struggled last year. That was obvious. But what wasn't publicized was  that he played with an injury all season long. If any player is going to have a major turnaround  it is him. He playing up to what was expected from him when he was drafted will be a big unexpected bonus. 

We don’t exactly know what happened or why it happened

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

We don't really need to either. Shouldn't be any of our business.

Honestly I don't care if he comes back and tears it up or not. Some things are bigger than football. A guys mental health is one of them. I hope and pray he gets what he needs to be a successful human first and foremost. Anything else is just a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

We know that he damaged property and while naked was enraged and had to be restrained. That is known and is in the police report. We don't know why.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

jumping out of windows is bad for your health.  glad he now agrees

I am glad he failed in his fight for Jesus.........just wouldn't feel right referring to him as "Dropzone" if he hit got his jump off........even if he went thru a few awnings and landed on a Patriots fan.

• Haha (+1) 2

At 22, first day back home for the summer. Drank a bottle of soco hundo with a buddy, ripped a 4 footer.. stumbled down a hallway and smashed through a 2nd story window. Rushed to the hospital by g/f at the time. Apparently almost bled out due to the booze, 21 stitches needed for my arm. My parents were not pleased.

A man now, drinks responsibly...

Hate Soco.

Learn from it Zay. Glad you've got another day to live.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't. It seems like it's both the birthday and reflection of what happened less than two weeks ago.

Fair enough.  I'm not upset or anything about it but I guess when I saw that title before I clicked on the thread my first thoughts were Wow he must've really been in a bad place(to a degree we already know whatever happened was very bad but it really could just be the result of a bad reaction to synthetic weed etc..and not  related to any depressed or suicidal feelings) but once I saw the tweet itself I was like Ehh...people post that kind of stuff all the time when they are celebrating their birthday so to me the context was different than I was expecting.  In any case, I just wish the best for Zay going forward.  Can only live and learn, I know I sure did from a lot of things in my early 20s.

15 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

At 22, first day back home for the summer. Drank a bottle of soco hundo with a buddy, ripped a 4 footer.. stumbled down a hallway and smashed through a 2nd story window. Rushed to the hospital by g/f at the time. Apparently almost bled out due to the booze, 21 stitches needed for my arm. My parents were not pleased.

A man now, drinks responsibly...

Hate Soco.

Learn from it Zay. Glad you've got another day to live.

Life is all about Living....and then learning from the dumb mistakes we make along the way!