Pope Francis - "There is no hell"

Cowardly LaPutz chimes in 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Particularly the Church of Clinton.

You leave Saint Hillary out of this! 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Try not liking blisteringly dumb posts and I won't have to be one. He regurgitated a 500 year old argument and passed it off as his own. That you don't have the basis in history or philosophy to have realized that before you liked it is on you. 

Poor little Dr 

1 minute ago, m_w_hunter said:

hilary is your god lol

What sock puppet are you?  

You're too big an idiot to be unique.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Government is his God. 

Hillary is his government.  #Resistance

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Kindly don't misapply the word "Christian," with the pope.

The pope is a Catholic thing, so whatever he says has little or no interest among other Christian faiths.

Further, you characterization of "God" in the Old and New Testaments is incorrect.

God is God.

The Bible is about covenants mad by the same God.

The Old Testament is a story about a nation, and the covenant made with them to establish the kingdom of God on earth. They failed, and killed him.

The New Testament is a story about an individual, and the covenant to include all who believe.

I wouldn't worry about what he says anyway - you can tell he cut & pasted that by the proper spelling and punctuation.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Government is his God. 

Historically that works out great for the feeble minded like Tibs. 

Government isn't god but it's a really good thing. Governments have reduced the amount of violence a thousand fold and made life easier, more comfortable and prosperous. So "in god we trust" maybe, but please if someone violates your freedom or life or property, who you going to call, a church or the government? 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Thanks for backing up my point, though I think you are too dumb to realize it. Yes, Christianity did go through a big change there 500 years ago to catch up with Renaissance thought and the more capitalistic society emerging at the time. And yes, in the late 20th century religion continued to evolve as it will keep doing. 

Thanks again ding bat! 

You are clearly clueless.

The Reformation had nothing to do  with "catching up with the Renaissance, and the more capitalistic society emerging at the time."

Absolutely nothing.

It was about an individual who was a faithful fan of the pope and the Roman Catholic church, and sought rapprochement,  getting sick of Catholic officials selling indulgences to raise money for the construction of St. Peter's among other things.

They wouldn't relent from the fundraising, and off we go.

Nothing to do with emerging capitalism or the renaissance.

Do you just dream this stuff up?

• Like (+1) 1

where's your Messiah now?

where's your Clinton now?

image.png.08dcc3bf3a9e24988ceba06516a17095.png

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

He does it to make people crazy.

Put him on ignore and save yourself the agita.

I have 7 of them on ignore, and getting their trash when they are quoted is painful but that eliminate 90% of their existence

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

You are clearly clueless.

The Reformation had nothing to do  with "catching up with the Renaissance, and the more capitalistic society emerging at the time."

Absolutely nothing.

It was about an individual who was a faithful fan of the pope and the Roman Catholic church, and sought rapprochement,  getting sick of Catholic officials selling indulgences to raise money for the construction of St. Peter's among other things.

They wouldn't relent from the fundraising, and off we go.

Nothing to do with emerging capitalism or the renaissance.

Ya, the Reformation sure was a response to the new world created by Renaissance economics, thought and the findings of the ancient texts from the Greeks. Martin Luther was a University professor, the Reformation was mostly centered in the cities and was strongly nationalistic. Luther was strongly supported by the new merchant and Burgher class that did not like the taxation imposed from far away Rome.  The Church had been undermined by Greek learning--who were these brilliant men that lived before Jesus but were not Christian??--new discoveries like Columbus--if the Church knew everything, why didn't they know you could sail to Asia? The church had also been corrupted by the new wealth that flowed through Italy and was in moral decay on a level unseen before. The printing press had made more people literate and the people took more personal control over their own salvation as the Bible was translated into every language 

You know this just reminded me of a guy who just retired with the company I work for. He had been with the company 40-some years, after beginning his career in the coal mines of Kentucky at the age of 14. He had been through it all and started from the bottom. 

He is the epitome of religious ignorance. 

For his final statement at the retirement banquet he said if you only remember one thing about him remember the xlessons I learned..."and many of us thought we were going to get a poignant observation about climbing the ladder of success and what it takes to work with people, because this guy could get anyone to do anything.

Instead we were told that if we do not worship Jesus we will go to hell, and Hell is a bad place, basically trying to scare us. It was the most uncomfortable moment and the entire Dynamic of the room changed. He tarnished his legacy by being such a douche. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, westside said:

And the democratic party!

Younger people are way more secular. They are the most secular generation ever 

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I educate myself. That's not a crime! 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, the Reformation sure was a response to the new world created by Renaissance economics, thought and the findings of the ancient texts from the Greeks. Martin Luther was a University professor, the Reformation was mostly centered in the cities and was strongly nationalistic. Luther was strongly supported by the new merchant and Burgher class that did not like the taxation imposed from far away Rome.  The Church had been undermined by Greek learning--who were these brilliant men that lived before Jesus but were not Christian??--new discoveries like Columbus--if the Church knew everything, why didn't they know you could sail to Asia? The church had also been corrupted by the new wealth that flowed through Italy and was in moral decay on a level unseen before. The printing press had made more people literate and the people took more personal control over their own salvation as the Bible was translated into every language 

What?

Martin Luther's issue was that the Pope led Catholic church was inventing non scripturally based principles, largely to raise money.

Not much more to it than that.

It was really simple.

Had noting to do with anything I wasted space quoting from you above.

Tibs fails on 15 Christian topics in one thread barely started

a total moron on 1,000,000 topics

not a ruddy clue at all

keep on keeping on, Tibs...

Edited by row_33

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This from the same Pope who saw himself holding the authority to change the Word of God.

Gary, the Deceiver is alive and well, and this Pope holds his hand.

He's a fraud. A fake. He is an operative.  Known it all along.