Lamar Jackson: C'mon, enough is enough

57 minutes ago, #34fan said:

He may come to a point in his career where he WISHES he could have a shot at WR...

On the radio today Donald Brown referred to Tim Tebow in a Jackson segment. 

He said that Tim Tebow was a college phenom who likewise would only be a QB. He said teams wanted him to consider other possible options but he said no. And now he is playing baseball.  So Donald said that he can respect Jackson's stance, he also may be costing himself millions of dollars for two reasons.

One is that if you draft a guy at QB who also might become a WR if QB doesn't pan out, you are willing to pick him higher because he is less of a risk. And 2 is that if you say QB or bust, you can be a bust and be gone like Time Tebow, instead of staying employed by the NFL at another position.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:20 PM, dbflaBill said:

So because he didnt run the 40 you wouldnt draft him? Thats pretty smart, he is arguably the qb with the highest ceiling, and its smart that he didnt run. Let his film do the talking. His 40 can only hurt him. 

IMO, we are given hoops to jump through. Chose to jump through the hoop or don't, but there is a price to be paid. Like I have said elsewhere, this is an interview process, a path to getting a job. Other QBs understand this, pretty clearly.

I myself have said that the 40 - along with 225 reps - is among the most meaningless stats in football. There is a massive difference between whether the activity has meaning, and refusing to do it entirely, and then on top of all of that being in a very, very competitive situation. 

15 hours ago, bkep32 said:

wonderlic test = 13...think says it all.

Add in his toothpick legs makes two huge strikes. 

McD wants a QB to stay in the pocket and take the hit to complete the pass, Jackson will run before taking that hit everytime because of his tiny lower half of his body risking injury he knows he is fast and will try to use it as much as possible when things fall apart in the pocket after a second read IMO. I fully expect him to IR his first starting season because of that lower half of his body.

Run Jackson run.

I would draft him as a later round WR if he was game for it(Webb2.0), that is if he can even jump and catch but taking the Tebow QB/RB only approach I can see the same type of out of the league fate in his history in the NFL. Even God said no to Tebow as a QB, looking at Jackson's lower half of his body I can see God feels the same about Jackson as a QB/RB. At least Tebow was built to take a beating with his toned body running up the gut, sadly for him he couldn't throw well enough. Jackson can throw but a few hits running up the gut will make a school girl cry with a Joe Thiesman type of break in half of those toothpick legs..

Edited by xRUSHx

On 3/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, ndirish1978 said:

You're just a little ray of sunshine aren't you. It's like you've invited yourself to someone else's dinner party and have then proceeded to get belligerently drunk and started insulting strangers. This is a LAMP thread. Your opinion is neither unique to this board, nor is the topic. Feel free to move on from the board yourself. 

I'm not asking anyone to "move on from the board" - like you are asking me.  I generally act pretty rationally, prone to outbursts like all the posters here. I respond positively on occasion when I am shown I am wrong. When attacked without what I consider to be due cause I react, sometimes badly.

I'm not asking GoBills2012 or anyone to leave TwoBillsDrive, like you are doing right now. I am saying you are free to move on and not say anything about it. What you and others are doing is whining. There's other threads to read. Go there. 

But I'm glad we've had this conversation. It reveals you and GoBills2012 and others for being presumptive and to think I didn't go looking for a take that centered around his mom/not being ready to be interviewed. For essentially going forward into the draft process like he needed to be indulged. 

If anyone ELSE has been insulted, I'm man enough to offer apologies. And to tell you to get the damned sand out of your panties. 

Oh, and sorry to disturb you Irish. Not going anywhere and you and those that would seek to tell posters not to stick around: Go F yourself.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:46 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

I believe he was referring to you feeling your take was important enough to merit its own thread versus adding it to any of the other Lamar Jackson threads currently on the first page.

that being said, by saying he is “feeding the smokescreen” are you implying he is really going to go high in the draft and he is just helping teams pretend they don’t want him?

Good take, well said.

Yes - exactly. He is acting ultimately in a counterproductive manner. Teams are going to "play" him. They'll try to drive down his stock value. There are vague comments coming from Mike Mayock of all people saying that GMs can't get an appointment to see him. 

It comes off (to me) as if he desires to be treated 100% differently than the rest of the QBs. 

Cheers.

22 hours ago, Dopey said:

I feel the same as gobills1212. Are you going to make me get off the board?!?!? HUH!?!?

Read through my posts. I was saying that people don't need to respond to me or this thread. In my time posting here, in posting on !@#$, I've always respected the right of an opinion no matter how bizarre. 

You don't like the opinion, attack the opinion. Not the right to state it, which is pretty been the response from nearly all the posters responding to this thread. Not that I care. I didn't see where someone else had posted anything similar to what I was saying so I put something up about it. Could have missed it. 

But ... Dopey, you go ahead and write whatever the voices in your head tell you to post. I don't care.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:58 AM, mead107 said:

Seems like a lot of the NEWBIES LIKE TO HAVE THEIR OWN THREAD.  

That’s fine.  But should use the search function first.  

I did, didn't find it. 

If you want to suggest I am a "newbie" I'd suggest you look at my profile and act like someone that has been around here awhile. I started posting on !@#$ over 12 years ago. 

So there's that.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, MJS said:

Can we close this duplicative thread? Merge it maybe?

I agree with this 100%. One Hundred Percent. 

With one thing as a precursor:

Let's have five threads on QBs. Just five; cover the five top QBs. Nearly nothing can be said that hasn't already been said, someplace, somewhere. You and everyone else here should have their mouths muzzled. The only time a thread can be created is by a Mod, and even then ... why not just put news updates within a QB profile?

Not being sarcastic, not trying to be snarky. 

No more new threads on QBs by anyone. Seems to make sense to me.

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

If we did that, there would only be 1 thread on this entire board! 

oops.

Thank you.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:24 AM, gobills1212 said:

How about the wonderlic thread?

Keep up these red hot takes and this will become a common practice for anything you write - Jack

Since I put zero importance in an intelligence thread, you wouldn't see that from me.

There is excellent data from PFF I believe on QB intelligence, but that has been covered - mostly on people that like Baker Mayfield. 

Cheers.

Fair enough, but you get this wasn't a one off statement my friend -this was simply pointing out another thread in which you could have stated or argued your point at which point you may have had hope of it being taken seriously.

Edited by gobills1212

36 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I did, didn't find it. 

If you want to suggest I am a "newbie" I'd suggest you look at my profile and act like someone that has been around here awhile. I started posting on !@#$ over 12 years ago. 

So there's that.

# 1 you should know to go back through the last 5 pages and you would have  found the 5 Jackson threads all ready started.  

#2  I went to your profile and it says you joined March 10.  Not 12 years ago.   So you changed your name?   

#3. I have been around along time. 

# 4.  I do hope you can make it to Hammers to tailgate with us.   Enjoy a Beer  and talk about the new QB.   

?????

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mead107 said:

# 1 you should know to go back through the last 5 pages and you would have  found the 5 Jackson threads all ready started.  

#2  I went to your profile and it says you joined March 10.  Not 12 years ago.   So you changed your name?   

#3. I have been around along time. 

# 4.  I do hope you can make it to Hammers to tailgate with us.   Enjoy a Beer  and talk about the new QB.   

?????

No particular order:

Did you actually read my profile, what I said about myself? I was on

Buff
A

L

Orange. I come and go. Not terribly interested in things like "points" and whether or not I am popular. On occasion I remember my username/pwd, on occasion I don't and it doesn't bother me terribly. I mention in my profile at least one of my prevoius nom de plume. 12 years is likely on the low end, but I'd rather understate than overstate. I can recall writing that Mike Williams was the safer pick after the fact over Bryant McKinnie; pretty sure I was posting before that. I'm sorry if I don't remember you from those times. There was this really obnoxious poster ... Shiva? I think? Obnoxious, but about the smartest guy ... the term rapier wit was created for him. You wouldn't want to get into a debate with him. 

Five threads on Lamar Jackson, yeah; I saw several at least. One was making a case FOR Jackson (of course, I'm not); another was about a tweet, a third was something not related to my point. What I have been saying, over and over and over again, is that I didn't see any that in any was vaguely was approaching the two points in the way I was. I'm not in the business of doing deep dives into threads to see if individual post might be the same as mine. I think it's kind of absurd to expect me to and again, nobody has to open the thread and read it nor respond to it. I think, on surface, the idea behind the OP is different behind the OP of the those threads.  No? Okay.

If there are FIVE other threads on Jackson, there have to be 8 or 10 on Baker Mayfield. He's my boy. I haven't created a thread about that. There are two separate threads in the last several days that seem to go on for pages and pages regarding Wonderlic and LJ. I'm not going to read into the pages because it's not a subject I like. 

But .... did any one rage on and on about LAMP then? Did you? DID GOBILLS2012? DID THE MODS EVEN TRY TO MERGE THOSE TWO? Again, I have no idea and it's not worth my time to check. I believe the moral outrage over the two threads is missing.

What you wouldn't know about me: I must delete about 15- 20 posts a week that I start to write because I don't think they are adding to the general discussion here. So I am not in the habit of just babbling. And if you've actually looked at my responses in general you'd find I am pretty rational nor someone that wastes time. 

So ... I'm f'in sick and tired of defending myself because some people think this one thread is the worst thing on god's good green earth when others create thread after thread after thread here. It's absurd.

Like I've said,  just limit us all to five threads. Don't allow us to create a thread without it being vetted by the Mod first.

Much ado about nothing, and I'm only responding to this thread so I can say this:

Sure. Love to meet up with another Bills fan. I love talking about the game and learning from other people about this sport. I don't drink much beer anymore but the talk is always welcome.  If I find myself around a venue and I know you'll be there, I'll introduce myself.

6 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Fair enough, but you get this wasn't a one off statement my friend -this was simply pointing out another thread in which you could have stated or argued your point at which point you may have had hope of it being taken seriously.

There are literally a dozen Baker Mayfield threads in the last few days. 

I'll take you seriously again as a person when you can point to at least four different times when you've gone to the effort to squawk about LAMPs in those threads. 

Not that it matters to you, but until then I'm sure you can understand that I see you as just noise and a hypocrite of the first order.