Lamar Jackson: C'mon, enough is enough

So he didn't want to run at the Combine, fine. Now he doesn't want to run at the Pro day.
So he doesn't want an agent, now teams are barking they can't get a meeting.

I get it, a lot of crap being dropped in his direction to have him fall in the draft. On some level, you have a guy with a 56-57% completion rate, who still has problems with his footwork, who showed badly at the Combine and frankly from what I've seen, at the Pro Day, for whom analysts are continuing to blame his WR (I mean, does the phrase "catchable ball" mean anything anymore?). Shouldn't someone be telling him that he is merely feeding the smokescreens by doing things like not running? Hell Lamar we get it. You aren't going to be a WR. Now get out there and run the damned 40 - and yeah, we all know it's an irrelevant number.

It just strikes me as a whole lot of self-indulgence. There's a reason for expectations and not all of it is in the outcome of the expectations. Sometimes its just to see if you will go through the hoops without questioning. 

Gotta say .. WTF do you think you are?

#process

#notaBill

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t worry, we are not taking him.   It’s going to be Riley Ferguson 

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Having a take is self indulgence? Then get off the board. My lifetime's income ain't based on what I write here.

You work? 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Having a take is self indulgence? Then get off the board. My lifetime's income ain't based on what I write here.

Lol, does this really need to be explained?  self indulgence is thinking this your take is better and more important than an entire 11 page thread (making the case for Lamar jackson) of people saying the exact same thing or the exact opposite. It's not even thread police stuff, it's just simply this might have been taken seriously had it been there. Now your point will be lost in arguments over this..

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, KGun12TD said:

So, you’re not a fan?

Between the lines? There was a time when I thought he matched up well with the Bills. Talent has to match what's inside your head and what you'll do. The NFL is chock full of incredibly talented players.

This year, the competition at his position couldn't be fiercer. Strikes me that in that situation you'd be doing whatever it took to be considered appropriately. Look at what you hear out of other QBs. 

Maybe you want that out of your leader, maybe its an indicator of someone with willpower to see himself in his own way. Enough is enough. If you aren't running at the Combine, then at the Pro Day, then you damned sure better believe everything else in your life is so buttoned up that there isn't a question.

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, does this really need to be explained?  self indulgence is thinking this your take is better and more important than an entire 11 page thread (making the case for Lamar jackson) of people saying the exact same thing or the exact opposite. It's not even thread police stuff, it's just simply this might have been taken seriously had it been there. Now your point will be lost in arguments over this..

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thank you for the Lamar thread OP. I haven't heard anything about him all off season and didn't see any threads on him here.

can't be informed enough now can we OP?

Yeah. I read that thread. Didn't see this point made in it. Wanted to make it separately - specifically the points about GMs complaining about not having access, about him not running a second time and putting the points together.

So don't read the f'in post and move on jack.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thank you for the Lamar thread OP. I haven't heard anything about him all off season and didn't see any threads on him here.

can't be informed enough now can we OP?

All these Jackson threads all over the top of the board. And some fans say he is nothing like Tyrod, here we go again....puke

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Between the lines? There was a time when I thought he matched up well with the Bills. Talent has to match what's inside your head and what you'll do. The NFL is chock full of incredibly talented players.

This year, the competition at his position couldn't be fiercer. Strikes me that in that situation you'd be doing whatever it took to be considered appropriately. Look at what you hear out of other QBs. 

Maybe you want that out of your leader, maybe its an indicator of someone with willpower to see himself in his own way. Enough is enough. If you aren't running at the Combine, then at the Pro Day, then you damned sure better believe everything else in your life is so buttoned up that there isn't a question.

Yeah. I read that thread. Didn't see this point made in it. Wanted to make it separately - specifically the points about GMs complaining about not having access, about him not running a second time and putting the points together.

How about the wonderlic thread?

Keep up these red hot takes and this will become a common practice for anything you write - Jack

18 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

10 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Always a good way to earn some respect around here.  SMH.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

All these Jackson threads all over the top of the board. And some fans say he is nothing like Tyrod, here we go again....puke

I think he's going to be better than Tyrod.

I just don't like that styles of QB.

I think it's too inconsistant to win on a regular basis.

When it's clicking, they are really really hard to beat...

When they have an off day, they are awful and you have no shot to win.

The other problem is having a backup and can fill in if they are hurt.

This was seen with Vick, McNabb, even Cunningham.

Most backups are solid, accurate, weak armed pocket QB types, and their playstyle is completely opposite to the athletic scrambling QB starter.

When the starter has an injury, the backup comes in, and the entire gameplan changes. Not small amounts, but entire diff playbook.. That's a pain in the arse.

I think Jackson will be a solid QB overall, above average, but not what I'm interested in settling for.

9 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

How about the wonderlic thread?

Keep up these red hot takes and this will become a common practice for anything you write - Jack

Great. You don't think the take is good, I can handle that; you don't think it is important that he is self-indulgent, I'll respond to that. 

The concept that you don't like the proliferation of threads on the website? Laughable. You don't like the take, respond or move on. You aren't required to say anything. And it strikes me that the ultimate outcome of your fears about proliferation suggests there should be 6 threads. 

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Great. You don't think the take is good, I can handle that; you don't think it is important that he is self-indulgent, I'll respond to that. 

The concept that you don't like the proliferation of threads on the website? Laughable. You don't like the take, respond or move on. You aren't required to say anything. And it strikes me that the ultimate outcome of your fears about proliferation suggests there should be 6 threads. 

Cheers.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. The quickest way to kill a "dumb thread" is to ignore it. Let it dropped off the page. Instead many have to criticize and insult said "dumb post" which moves it back to the top of the page. But hey, at least their own thread count increases and they get to seem superior on an internet message board. So there's that. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2