Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hardly!  There is a tremendous difference in talent between the two that leaves AJM far behind.  The 49ers just rewarded Garoppolo with a lucrative contract while AJM is playing for backup money as the Bills traverse the country looking at QBs who'll be in the 2018 draft.  Your comparison is not rooted in reality. 

it is in the sense that ajm will do for us (turn around our offense), with similar success to jimmy g. in san fran.

Its very interesting. Almost everybody agrees that "Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Mayfield" are the top 4. And Jackson is 5th, and Rudolph is the 6th guy. I have this feeling that Rudolph or Jackson might end up going earlier than some of the top 4. I also believe that how good these 6 guys end up being will be completely different than how we are viewing them now. I feel in the long run, 3 of these guys will be good, and 3 will be busts. The bills have to take a chance on one of them, but it is most likely a crapshoot.

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

it is in the sense that ajm will do for us (turn around our offense), with similar success to jimmy g. in san fran.

I seriously doubt that based on his average skill set and the fact that he didn't do anything other than play at a decent level with excellent talent in CIN. 

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

What in God’s name have you seen from McCarron to make such a claim? He hardly set the world on fire when he got time in cincy and that was a team with talent everywhere on offense. 

That statement literally has no grounds to stand on. 

2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Its very interesting. Almost everybody agrees that "Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Mayfield" are the top 4. And Jackson is 5th, and Rudolph is the 6th guy. I have this feeling that Rudolph or Jackson might end up going earlier than some of the top 4. I also believe that how good these 6 guys end up being will be completely different than how we are viewing them now. I feel in the long run, 3 of these guys will be good, and 3 will be busts. The bills have to take a chance on one of them, but it is most likely a crapshoot.

I just said the other day to a friend, don’t be surprised if, after workouts and meetings, Jackson and Rudolph pass a couple of the “big four” for certain teams lists. 

On another note. Rudolph was on the path to the draft studio last night and was fairly impressive.... the list is hardly set in stone. 

8 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I don't actually.   I posted in another thread the other night, that there is a public order on the QB's.  That does not mean that is each team's order on them.  Several teams could have Rudolph higher than the public order.  And as I posted there, teams are probably looking at what they do offensively, the locker room they have, the personnel they have, when do we want this guy to play, and asking who BEST fits that.   The most important part is the GM's and coaches are "going on dates" with these guys.  After that first date, the FO will know whether they want another date or whether they want to pass.  

So as fans all we have is the talking head's top 6 QBs.  Once these QBs go on "dates" I'm pretty certain that order is not the same from team to team.  It's part of the reason why while I have my preferences, as a fan I try not to get locked in on a prospect only to see him on the board and us pass over him on draft day.  Or the opposite, a guy that I am like NOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't you do that, on the board and we end up taking him.  I don't know what happened in the interviews.

Edited by NewEraBills

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well whatever....i have all the faith in the world that for right now, we have a guy that can win games for us. our passing game will be greatly improved and for once we have a guy who can play in the 4th qtr.

All of this remains to be seen with AJM receiving no guarantee to be the starter.

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well whatever....i have all the faith in the world that for right now, we have a guy that can win games for us. our passing game will be greatly improved and for once we have a guy who can play in the 4th qtr.

In the 4 games McCarron started when dalton went down, on a team with aj green, Marvin jones and sanu, his passing outputs were 160, 180, 200 and 212 yds.....

The pass game may improve. But McCarron has done close to nothing for you to make the claims you are making. They are completely made up. 

Denver Broncos open to possibly drafting QB at No. 5

John Elway signed a bridge quarterback this offseason, adding Case Keenum on a two-year deal. That won't stop the Denver Broncos from possibly using the No. 5 overall pick on a quarterback.

The general manager said on The Adam Schefter Podcast Show this week he's keeping his options open as the team ramps up its draft preparation.

"That'll be wide open," Elway said, via ESPN's Jeff Legwold. " ... I'm betting we won't know what direction we're going to go until probably the day of [the first round] or the day before."

On 3/29/2018 at 9:28 AM, xRUSHx said:

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

Rudolph going 5th overall would be criminal! Actually Rudolph in the first round is such bad draft value.  The guy is a mid day 2 pick by the numbers.  But he's a QB. 

There is a strong chance Denver could draft Mason Rudolph in round 2, I'd fall off my couch laughing if they take him at 5!

4 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Rudolph going 5th overall would be criminal! Actually Rudolph in the first round is such bad draft value.  The guy is a mid day 2 pick by the numbers.  But he's a QB. 

There is a strong chance Denver could draft Mason Rudolph in round 2, I'd fall off my couch laughing if they take him at 5!

His production actually puts him in the 1st.  His tape may or may not.  He has some good things on tape.  The two biggest questions on Rudolph are:   1) can he translate?  and 2) what is his true arm strength?  can he get more velocity on the out routes?, for instance.  I'm not advocating taking him.  Just trying to give a fair take and would not be surprised if he is actually higher on some team's boards than others.

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ok someone please explain this concept for me. How can we defend a flawed prospect by using 3 of the greatest quarterbacks of all time as examples? It makes no logical sense. Its three guys, out of thousands of guys and we are putting this guy in that company? If you are going to mention those guys as reasons he could be sucessful, you also have to mention the other thousand guys who failed for the same reasons. The odds are very much stacked against this guy. Way more guys have failed because weak arms than succeeded. Using three generational players to defend the probablity of his sucess is illogical. 

To your other point, both Rosen and Allen have experience under center. 

I am only saying that his arm is weaker than Rosen's, Allen's and Darnold's, but I don't believe that equates to "dish rag arm".  At least in my opinion, his arm is not too weak, just not as strong as those 3 have.  

Rosen and Allen have *some* experience under center, but I think both played plenty from the shotgun.

I am not campaigning to draft Mason Rudolph, but I do think he is a better prospect than some here think he is.  Who is right, of course, will only known in 2-3 years.  I would not be surprised if Rudolph is picked in round one or early round 2.  

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, jrober38 said:

Mediocre arm

No experience under centre 

No mobility 

QB friendly system that inflated stats

Rudolph was a good college spread QB who doesn't possess any elite traits. His ceiling seems quite limited. 

But I don't think this group judges players by any of those standards. I think they go with fit and personality first and then talent next. Also why I think they could draft Rudolph at 12.

1. He was the best player in Carolina while Beane and McDermott were with the Panthers.

2. He's from a big Christian family. I believe pastors in the family. Mother went to Christian college.

3. He fits all of the measurable and plays from the pocket.

Edited by CuddyDark

Just now, CuddyDark said:

But I don't think this group judges players by any of those standards. I think they go with fit and personality first and then talent next. Also why I think they could draft Rudolph at 12. 1. He was the best player in Carolina while Beane and McDermott were with the Panthers.

2. He's from a big Christian family. I believe pastors in the family. Mother went to Christian college.

3. He fits all of the measurable and plays from the pocket.

Sure fire way to continue mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sure fire way to continue mediocrity. 

It's what they believe. I don't think they care about talent in the way Whaley did. I think they have a blueprint for what they want for a position and they stick to it.

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

It's what they believe. I don't think they care about talent in the way Whaley did. I think they have a blueprint for what they want for a position and they stick to it.

Are the going to require guys to bring bag lunches and drive 1997 Toyota Camrys too?

(Sorry I couldn't resist the snark. I agree they are willing to take a B- talent with an A+ personality over a A+ talent with a C+ personality. The question is where they draw the line at talent vs personality, you know what I mean?)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Only thing stopping him from being ranked 3rd out of these QBs is his arm.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Are the going to require guys to bring bag lunches and drive 1997 Toyota Camrys too?

(Sorry I couldn't resist the snark. I agree they are willing to take a B- talent with an A+ personality over a A+ talent with a C+ personality. The question is where they draw the line at talent vs personality, you know what I mean?)

I actually agree but I think they believe in their system more than talent. I don't know how that will work on offense, but so far McD has been aces on that philosophy for his defense.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Only thing stopping him from being ranked 3rd out of these QBs is his arm.

I actually agree but I think they believe in their system more than talent. I don't know how that will work on offense, but so far McD has been aces on that philosophy for his defense.

Yeah, I think defensively, while playmakers are great to have, a defense with good, solid talent and great coaching can be top5 without any true elite players.

Offensively you need talent though, the kitchen sink approach doesn't quite work they're, it's why diva WRs get paid booku bucks to act like morons as long as they put up #s

On 3/29/2018 at 6:20 AM, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

Name the last time anything prior to the present mattered in predicting the success of someone unrelated and entirely different.  I'll be waiting.