Geno to Chargers

8 minutes ago, jr1 said:

poor Cardale

I remember when people on this board were saying Cardale would be the #1 overall pick after he won the National Championship.  So funny.  Just goes to show you how little a lot of people know about college QBs around here.

Edited by Mark80

Just now, Mark80 said:

I remember when people on this board were saying Cardale would be the #1 overall pick after he won the National Championship.  So funny.  Just goes to show you how little a lot of people know about college QBs around here.

Cardale is a perfect example of size and tools but it doesnt translate to top nfl talent. He can make all the throws is mobile, problem is his football IQ and diagnosing a defense. Coverages easily confuse him, and he doesnt process defense quick enough at an NFL level. He is definitely good enough to be an NFL backup though, and theres no shame in that.... His traits compare most to Allen in this years draft. 

Just now, dbflaBill said:

Cardale is a perfect example of size and tools but it doesnt translate to top nfl talent. He can make all the throws is mobile, problem is his football IQ and diagnosing a defense. Coverages easily confuse him, and he doesnt process defense quick enough at an NFL level. He is definitely good enough to be an NFL backup though, and theres no shame in that.... His traits compare most to Allen in this years draft. 

I have also made that comparison of Cardale and Allen. But, Allen is more fluid from a mobility standpoint. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Cardale's accuracy issues were glaringly obvious if you actually paid attention to that Big10 Title run and National Championship run.  His accuracy, or lack thereof, makes Josh Allen look like Drew Brees.  Thus, the 4th round pick vs a probable 1st rounder, maybe even top 5.

Edited by Mark80

5 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Cardale's accuracy issues were glaringly obvious if you actually paid attention to that Big10 Title run and National Championship run.  His accuracy, or lack thereof, makes Josh Allen look like Drew Brees.  Thus, the 4th round pick vs a probable 1st rounder, maybe even top 5.

Yet cardale had a higher completion percentage in college vs tougher competition

I understand they Allen is probably the better QB, but in this draft he is comparable to cardale.

5 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Yet cardale had a higher completion percentage in college vs tougher competition

I understand they Allen is probably the better QB, but in this draft he is comparable to cardale.

See, this is what I mean about people having no clue.  If you actually watched Cardale's games you would see a ton of inaccurate throws.  There were deep balls to wide open guys under thrown by 10 yards, they were just so wide open they caught them still, or they would jump over the DB and catch it after they caught up.  On short throws he would almost never hit a guy in stride.  They would be high, behind them, or misses completely.  Again, some would be caught, but still inaccurate.  Finally, these teams were all stacking the box to stop Elliot and the running game, not protecting against the passing game, so guys were wide open all over the field.  Completion percentage does not tell the whole story.  Not even close.

5 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

See, this is what I mean about people having no clue.  If you actually watched Cardale's games you would see a ton of inaccurate throws.  There were deep balls to wide open guys under thrown by 10 yards, they were just so wide open they caught them still, or they would jump over the DB and catch it after they caught up.  On short throws he would almost never hit a guy in stride.  They would be high, behind them, or misses completely.  Again, some would be caught, but still inaccurate.  Finally, these teams were all stacking the box to stop Elliot and the running game, not protecting against the passing game, so guys were wide open all over the field.  Completion percentage does not tell the whole story.  Not even close.

Yet allen is playing boarderline D2 talent and isnt a very accurate QB. Obviously Allen is the better prospect, but he very much is comparable to a guy like Cardale. Actually completion % is a stat that tells a lot. 

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

I believe Cardale is horribly underestimated as a QB... If given the same opportunity as Peterman, I seriously doubt that Cardale throws 5 interceptions in a half.

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I believe Cardale is horribly underestimated as a QB... If given the same opportunity as Peterman, I seriously doubt that Cardale throws 5 interceptions in a half.

Is the new test of competent QB play going to be the Peterman test?

He likely wouldn't throw 5 INTs in a half, hes got a shot!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Is the new test of competent QB play going to be the Peterman test?

He likely wouldn't throw 5 INTs in a half, hes got a shot!

Not what I'm saying at all... Just seems to me that it was love at first sight between McD and Peterman... Didn't seem like Cardale got the same opportunity Nate did.

I'd be interested to see how his first NFL start goes.