Report: Darnold is the only QB Giants would take at 2

In my opinion, The Giants GM is basically telling his fan base, ‘Do not be shocked if we trade out of the 2nd spot if Darmold is gone,” as he is likely considering trading that pick to Buffalo if the Browns take him first. He is thus lowering the expectations of them drafting a quarterback, so there is no uproar if a big trade happens.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, I know it’s not all on Eli but the team is picking top five. How good could the quarterback really be? 

He needs a good team around him, one pick isn’t going to do it and he’s not going to be around much longer. 

If you’re smart you take this opportunity to get his replacement. Chances like this don’t come around this often. Good qbs, #2 pick. You pull the trigger. Especially since they know a team only goes as far as the qb allows. 

As a Bills fan I hope this isn’t the case, but if I was in charge it’s exactly what I’d do. 

Good points. The way I see it is that this is a good team. They have a quarterback and a game breaking player like OBJ. They were awful last year because they had no depth and OBJ got hurt. Their line was terrible and their coach was an idiot. They lost a number of very close games, plus they started Geno Smith!!! in an actual NFL game. They could have easily been 8-8 or 9-7. They aren't that far off and aren't your typical top five picking team.

If Gettelman wants to take the opportunity to really build a skilled and deep team who can compete this year, he trades down. If he feels like he needs to take the opportunity to get the next franchise quarterback he stays at two, but he is punting the rest of Eli's career.  I could see arguments for both sides for sure. 

Bills aren’t getting Darnold . I would only trade up for Allen. Rosen And Mayfield are way too risky to trade up for. I’d rather keep picks. BPAat 12 And either Jackson or Rudolph at 22. Don’t forget Bills coaching staff likes Peterman a lot. A lot more than I do at least . And then we have 4 more picks in rounds two and three to get  a WR, DL,CB , another LB.???

32 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

@gobills1212

Why don't you provide a reason for your "confused" take? 

Bc I'm burnt out and trying to conserve for the next 4+ plus weeks. And, I've already posted my thoughts in countless other threads. At this point, arguing over who will be good and who won't be when the reality is - no one knows. 

Anyone pretending to be able to, (unless they have a crystal ball) is simply explaining their preferences as if they are factual. Anyone can just say (insert player) will be good, just watch. It's simply championing their personal favorite/ preference. I just feel like if you are that certain and feel the need to speak in such certainties- at least explain why...

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Boy I hope they don't feel forced to do anything. But you are probably right that they are going to get a quarterback here no matter what. 

They traded their ( mediocre ) starting QB. That decision isn't made if they aren't ok with the alternatives. 

• Like (+1) 1

That's kind of the feel I'm getting.  Nothing in the way of inside information, just reading between the lines of everything that's being said and written.  Cleveland picking Darnold would be about the best thing that could happen to the Bills the way things are shaping up.  I think the Cleveland pick at #4 is for sale.  If the Bills want to pay the price. they can have it as they have more draft capital to spend than anyone else in the market for a QB.

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Bc I'm burnt out and trying to conserve for the next 4+ plus weeks. And, I've already posted my thoughts in countless other threads. At this point, arguing over who will be good and who won't be when the reality is - no one knows. 

Anyone pretending to be able to, (unless they have a crystal ball) is simply explaining their preferences as if they are factual. Anyone can just say (insert player) will be good, just watch. It's simply championing their personal favorite/ preference. I just feel like if you are that certain and feel the need to speak in such certainties- at least explain why...

I am sorry football talk burns you out. Becsuse i know football. That's your explanation

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I am sorry football talk burns you out. Becsuse i know football. That's your explanation

Ironically, you weren't asked about the latter while the former is debatable!

And the only part that burns be out is the nonsense like your original post. Yikes!

Edited by gobills1212

8 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ironically, you weren't asked about the latter while the former is debatable!

And the only part that burns be out is the nonsense like your original post. Yikes!

Whatever you say, bud. Why wouldn't you like Jackson at 12? What about his game don't you like? Explain your expertise. 

Edited by BillsFan2313

10 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

Actually, we are for the #2 pick.  They'll take Barkley or Chubb.

Assuming Gettleman keeps the pick, Chubb or Barkley would be the way to go. It all depends on the Browns. What a confusing organization. Trade for Taylor and sign Drew Stanton. If they did grab Barkley who I want, I would strongly consider trading down with either Arizona or Buffalo. I hate that the draft isn’t for almost another month. Sports talk radio here sucks. It’s all fans calling about our pick and the Jets. I want this draft to come already. Enough rumors. 

How many Bills fans think it’s worth it to trade with us for the 2nd pick? Which QB do you want? 

Whoever is selecting 1st and 2nd will select QB's. The value of those picks is attached to them being used on QB's, it would be foolish not to trade them if you weren't going to select a QB with them. Even the Browns aren't that stupid (I know the Giants aren't).

I think Darnold is the only guy worth trading up for.

There are quite a few Giants fans on their board saying don't take a qb if you don't value the guy thats there. Of course they would have to botch that decision for it to work out for us but their fans seem content to ride Eli out.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-york-giants-message-boards/talk-about-giants-football/3107977-how-do-you-build-around-a-37-year-old-exactly

Edited by What a Tuel