Report: Bills Release DE Ryan Davis

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

That's not a lot. He played well enough last year for that money. Add in the other purges, and there could be something else going on here...imo

That's not a crowd. That's a supplement

I even forgot Zo

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe McDermott is going to use Murphy in some hybrid DE/OLB role.

If so, Davis is expendable as of now.  His release saves about $750,000 in cap

Murph is good. Solid. But dang, if we are playing the numbers game, instead of out right talent, he was worth the money

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

I even forgot Zo

Again...supplement

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Murph is good. Solid. But dang, if we are playing the numbers game, instead of out right talent, he was worth the money

I'm not disputing your points, just giving a possible reason.  They are still finalizing the Odighizuwa signing....?

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Weird timing but defintely expendable. Made a few nice plays rushing as a defensive tackle, which I think they will do with Lawson on passing downs. 

Had a few timely tfl too, if I recall correctly. At that price...why not keep him? He certainly had a better time of things than Cap, no?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm not disputing your points, just giving a possible reason.  They are still finalizing the Odighizuwa signing....?

Maybe so. But that's cheap help. And efficient. I'm not seeing the grand facade lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Had a few timely tfl too, if I recall correctly. At that price...why not keep him? He certainly had a better time of things than Cap, no?

Maybe they just needed that tiny bit of cap for an LB signing. But yeah i kinda liked what he brought