Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

On 12/23/2018 at 11:01 AM, 100DollarBills said:

Well I distinctly remember those lines, and so do thousands of other people. Something just isn’t right. Even digitally editing out the lines don’t make sense, because even older dvds don’t contain the lines. Either false memories were implanted into people’s mind, or people experienced a slightly different reality. At this point I’m thinking people are being exposed to memory implantation technology via transmission towers. 

Even easier people missed the line or think they heard the line.  What is more likely?  False memories implanted in minds (for what gain especially movie quotes) or people remembered wrong?  Experiencing a different reality (philosophically we all experience our own reality but a different discussion for a different day) or remembering 5 seconds of our life from 10 years ago wrong?

The brain is incredibly interesting so I won't say I am 100% right here and you are wrong I'm just at peace with the fact that I will never know if we are living in a multi-verse so I don't explore it as a possibility. 

15 minutes ago, section122 said:

Even easier people missed the line or think they heard the line.  What is more likely?  False memories implanted in minds (for what gain especially movie quotes) or people remembered wrong?  Experiencing a different reality (philosophically we all experience our own reality but a different discussion for a different day) or remembering 5 seconds of our life from 10 years ago wrong?

The brain is incredibly interesting so I won't say I am 100% right here and you are wrong I'm just at peace with the fact that I will never know if we are living in a multi-verse so I don't explore it as a possibility. 

I wouldn't condemn you for finishing off the possibly non-existent line in We Are the Champions, especially if you are hot.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Actually I was right. They do say it. Just not everytime.  So not a Mandela effect.

Like row_33 said, there are many versions of the song. 

Is this my opportunity to call you an idiot? Lol

Yes, they say it live, occasionally, like in their live concert at Wembley Stadium.  The release and album versions don't have it.  Intentionally - the song ends on a half-measure of 6/8 time, leaving it in a state of suspense.  The average listener - such as a confirmed moron like yourself - feels compelled to "fill in" the last three beats with something...thus your mind inserts "Of the world..." to complete the song, because that same phrasing has occurred some 90 seconds earlier in the song.  

Again, not a "Mandela" effect.  A "Being Wrong" effect.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yes, they say it live, occasionally, like in their live concert at Wembley Stadium.  The release and album versions don't have it.  Intentionally - the song ends on a half-measure of 6/8 time, leaving it in a state of suspense.  The average listener - such as a confirmed moron like yourself - feels compelled to "fill in" the last three beats with something...thus your mind inserts "Of the world..." to complete the song, because that same phrasing has occurred some 90 seconds earlier in the song.  

Again, not a "Mandela" effect.  A "Being Wrong" effect.

We can choose a few songs by Queen as epic and not care to hear many dozen anthems ever again...

The best songs are:

Get Down, Make Love

You're My Best Friend

Killer Queen

Edited by row_33

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

We can choose a few songs by Queen as epic and not care to hear many dozen anthems ever again...

The best songs are:

Get Down, Make Love

You're My Best Friend

Killer Queen

Seven Seas of Rhye

Brighton Beach Rock

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Radio Ga-Ga 

Killer Queen is...overdone.  Like Stairway to Heaven: good?  Yes. Great?  Probably?  Overplayed?  Absolutely.  Same with Bohemian Rhapsody, which by any standard is an absolute masterpiece, but if I don't hear it again in the next five years I won't feel bad.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Seven Seas of Rhye

Brighton Beach Rock

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Radio Ga-Ga 

Killer Queen is...overdone.  Like Stairway to Heaven: good?  Yes. Great?  Probably?  Overplayed?  Absolutely.  Same with Bohemian Rhapsody, which by any standard is an absolute masterpiece, but if I don't hear it again in the next five years I won't feel bad.

KQ is the last great music hall romp of Brit-Pop!!!

I'll give you your sci-fi thrillers, Ga-Ga is total crap. 

A keen and excellent mind like yours is allowed to include one choice of total crap.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

KQ is the last great music hall romp of Brit-Pop!!!

I'll give you your sci-fi thrillers, Ga-Ga is total crap. 

A keen and excellent mind like yours is allowed to include one choice of total crap.

Radio Ga-Ga has one of the most subtly brilliant vocal performances in all of rock music.  The the instrumentals are simple, cheesy pop...but Mercury uses his voice to perfection through the verse to slowly build musical tension that he gently starts to relax with one word "Radio," then resolves with the verse.  It is one of his virtuoso performances, and those vocals superimposed on those instrumentals, to create a piece of radio crap that was originally and ironically named "Radio Ka-Ka" is just artwork.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Radio Ga-Ga has one of the most subtly brilliant vocal performances in all of rock music.  The the instrumentals are simple, cheesy pop...but Mercury uses his voice to perfection through the verse to slowly build musical tension that he gently starts to relax with one word "Radio," then resolves with the verse.  It is one of his virtuoso performances, and those vocals superimposed on those instrumentals, to create a piece of radio crap that was originally and ironically named "Radio Ka-Ka" is just artwork.

sorry, I was into New Order and The Smiths and their ilk by that point... Queen was totally passe.

Freddie's freedoms in all their glory was amazing on the video for Body Language, his last tip of the hat...

------------------

on fifth thought, several dozen pop icons of the 70s and 80s flouted their "alternative lifestyle" proclivities, but basically only Freddie succumbed to the plague that took down a very large percentage of the population

so just what fakery and posing was going on???

i attended funerals for this illness during those days for 6 who were in my fundy Baptist church growing up, 2 were a total shocking surprise...  :(

--------------

and John Deacon's compositions made them a ton of money for the credit he really gets...

Finally something useful in this thread.  I never followed closely enough to break down or rank Queen songs, but I have to throw one out there.  That scene in Shaun of the dead where they fight off all the zombies to "Don't stop me now" is so ingrained in my head.  If that one's implanted too just like apparently everything else, well then I don't want any part of any of this anymore.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

Finally something useful in this thread.  I never followed closely enough to break down or rank Queen songs, but I have to throw one out there.  That scene in Shaun of the dead where they fight off all the zombies to "Don't stop me now" is so ingrained in my head.  If that one's implanted too just like apparently everything else, well then I don't want any part of any of this anymore.

Queen was a staple of top 40 radio for those of us born in the mid 60s and spent a lot of time alone listening to top 40 radio.... the more over-the-top productions aren't appreciated, the image of them standing around oversinging through 200 takes to end Somebody to Love is a dealbreaker.

My top Queen tribute is here...

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Some ‘classic rock’ formats seem to mandate airplay five days a week.  ?

he got so sick of it he just played a tape for a lot of concerts, thanks bud, thanks for that effort....

I could have sworn this thread had died

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Has anyone else noticed when you go to the store lately, products appear to come in smaller quantities than they used to but the price hasn't changed?

aint that a fact. 

where's my 5 pound bag of SUGAR!!!  

On 12/31/2018 at 9:17 AM, section122 said:

One of life's great mysteries for sure but as I posited earlier, even if it is happening but we can't tell that it is happening, does it matter?  Kind of like "if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?"  I always struggled with these because I always defaulted to "does it matter?"  Knowing how faulty every single person's memory is, and knowing that there are 7 billion plus people, tells me that a few thousand people remembering something one way is a statistically very small number.  It leads me to believe that confabulation or straight mis-remembering (thanks Roger Clemens) is what causes the supposed mandela effect and that people's brains being similar make similar connections.  It blew my young mind when a teacher told me even if you were 1 in a million that means there are 330 people like you in America.  "Thousands of people" even tens of thousands is still a statistically small amount of our population.  It isn't hard to imagine 10% of people getting something wrong imo.

So in the movie Moonraker, does Dolly have braces yes or no? Because there are more than just a few thousand that remember differently on this one. 

29 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Objects in mirror MAY BE closer than they appear. I will always remember it this way! As a kid I was always inquisitive and whould ask my dad why a mirror would cause objects to have such a subjective interpretation in our vision. I will never forget that conversation. 

the standard sticker on vehicles is part of our life

just like the cartoon drawing of an infant smashing his skull and going !!!!! on the sunvisor, reminding us to strap the child in...

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the standard sticker on vehicles is part of our life

just like the cartoon drawing of an infant smashing his skull and going !!!!! on the sunvisor, reminding us to strap the child in...

Do you remember Objects in mirror maybe closer than they appear? 

47 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Do you remember Objects in mirror maybe closer than they appear? 

Yup, on pickup trucks it was a huge sticker, easily removed. 

The sunvisor is harder to peel off though...

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yup, on pickup trucks it was a huge sticker, easily removed. 

The sunvisor is harder to peel off though...

Interesting, I remember it directly on the car mirrors themselves. Now it says Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. I without a doubt remember maybe, because they implied subjectivity always made me think Of legalese language. 

13 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Interesting, I remember it directly on the car mirrors themselves. Now it says Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. I without a doubt remember maybe, because they implied subjectivity always made me think Of legalese language. 

people peeled off the sticker, maybe those driving pickup trucks were more likely a population to do this, this is from the 1970s and 80s

currently it is more ingrained or printed right on the mirror?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

people peeled off the sticker, maybe those driving pickup trucks were more likely a population to do this, this is from the 1970s and 80s

currently it is more ingrained or printed right on the mirror?

I’m fairly to young to remember the stickers, only 32. But my memory is from directly staring into the mirrors and always pondering the meaning. It always pissed off my dad for asking so many questions. The weird thing is too, my dad remembers our convo of the mirrors, but doesn’t recall the maybe. Life is strange. 

59 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I’m fairly to young to remember the stickers, only 32. But my memory is from directly staring into the mirrors and always pondering the meaning. It always pissed off my dad for asking so many questions. The weird thing is too, my dad remembers our convo of the mirrors, but doesn’t recall the maybe. Life is strange. 

you deserve to continue interacting with me on here.... :D

2 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

What? Afraid to question their surroundings, and to trust their memories? 

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. Whatever it takes to please the mind of an idiot. 

So im confused. If the memories are implanted, why would you trust them? It must be fun playing both sides so you can continue your crusade of idiocy. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Objects in mirror MAY BE closer than they appear. I will always remember it this way! As a kid I was always inquisitive and whould ask my dad why a mirror would cause objects to have such a subjective interpretation in our vision. I will never forget that conversation. 

/smh Are you kidding?

It's because it's a special convex mirror so there is wider field of view.  Only passenger side.  It's a blind spot mirror.  That's why it's marked.  Objects are closer than they appear (in the mirror).

Do you remember when cars only were required to have a driver side mirror?  Prior to around 1990 or so.

LoL...

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... I know.  But it at times looks black to me.  Especially helmets.  Not anymore on high-def though.

Goes back earlier I think?  To the Bears roots w/U of I.  The Illini blue & orange.

My post was to poke fun @ this rridiculous thread.

You'd know more than I.  :D

The worst effect is soccer jerseys, the refs often were a neon blue or pink. When an entire team wears this colour it hurts my eyes

worse than that blue Boise field, which caused me migraines 

27 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The worst effect is soccer jerseys, the refs often were a neon blue or pink. When an entire team wears this colour it hurts my eyes

So the famous Bills-Jets "Color Rush" game was bad... All Bills-Jets games are a shi... show... LoL...

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

I used to go to a sports bar where one of the tvs was always messed up.  Everything had a blue tint to it.  Then one day a Boise State game was on that tv and it finally worked perfectly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.