NFL Network "Path to the Draft" - QB matchmaker

PIZ

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd take the red nosed reindeer at 12 before Mason.

Clever, but I would take Mason Rudolph at 12......... cue the "glad you are not the Bills GM".

• Like (+1) 1

I am glad Beane is the Bills GM by the way.

I think McDermott and Beane have the philosophy that it comes down to a team, and not one player, which is why I think they stay at 12 and keep the picks.  So many awesome talents in the first 70 picks and the Bills roster is full of holes and needs an upgrade across the board.  I personally think that Mason Rudolph has the potential to be as good as the perceived top 4 QBs in the draft.  I personally think that there isn't as much of a difference between them.  The media and "experts" hype them up, but the real NFL guys see the truth.  I like Rudolph as the Bills QB, while I respect that others do not.  Here is an article that has lots of Rudolph comments and data that I think McDermott and Beane would appreciate.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/3/17073246/mason-rudolph-draft-oklahoma-state-qb-2018

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I am glad Beane is the Bills GM by the way.

I think McDermott and Beane have the philosophy that it comes down to a team, and not one player, which is why I think they stay at 12 and keep the picks.  So many awesome talents in the first 70 picks and the Bills roster is full of holes and needs an upgrade across the board.  I personally think that Mason Rudolph has the potential to be as good as the perceived top 4 QBs in the draft.  I personally think that there isn't as much of a difference between them.  The media and "experts" hype them up, but the real NFL guys see the truth.  I like Rudolph as the Bills QB, while I respect that others do not.  Here is an article that has lots of Rudolph comments and data that I think McDermott and Beane would appreciate.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/3/17073246/mason-rudolph-draft-oklahoma-state-qb-2018

Not sure they are going to SB Nation for their info. This guy is not a first round pick. 3-4 range who could turn out to be average. Has very little to no upside. 

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Not sure they are going to SB Nation for their info. This guy is not a first round pick. 3-4 range who could turn out to be average. Has very little to no upside. 

I wasn't saying they would go to SB Nation for info.....meant the quotes from Rudolph's interview and his stats.  I disagree on the range, but that is fine.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I wasn't saying they would go to SB Nation for info.....meant the quotes from Rudolph's interview and his stats.  I disagree on the range, but that is fine.

Gotcha. I think they will do their due diligence and vet these guys. My issue with Rudolph is teh lack of upside. I see very little difference between him, AJ McCarron, Nate Peterman...yet people want to use a 1st round pick. I just don't get it. 

59 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Clever, but I would take Mason Rudolph at 12......... cue the "glad you are not the Bills GM".

50 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

glad you are not the Bills GM

Plus 1. I like him I just don't 12 like him. Heck I don't 22 like him. I would 53 like him though.

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Gotcha. I think they will do their due diligence and vet these guys. My issue with Rudolph is teh lack of upside. I see very little difference between him, AJ McCarron, Nate Peterman...yet people want to use a 1st round pick. I just don't get it. 

I've been away on my annual golfing vacation to Alabama and the RTJ Trail (haven't posted recently).

So Alabama gets me  thinking about AJ McCarron and people on these threads shilling for Mason Rudolph at #12

I see we are in agreement as is usually the case. Below are where each stood after the combine -dead even!

I would also add small caveat that AJ McCarron has experience in the NFL which puts him ahead.

IMO we already have our Mason Rudolph potential wise.....don't draft him with number 12...AJ was a 5th for a little perspective.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mason-rudolph?id=2559942

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/aj-mccarron?id=2543497

Edited by horned dogs
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

There's a very real chance that 4 QBs will be taken before the Bills pick at 12 (Browns, Giants, Jets, Denver) and my guess is they will be Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen though not necessarily in that order. That leaves Jackson and Rudolph among the hyped QBs and I don't think either one is worth a 12th pick. There's a mixed bag of QBs available later in the draft and Free Agency that include Logan Woodside (supposedly the Pats have been scouting him in depth), Falk, Lauletta, White, Chase Litton etc. None of them jump out as a "franchise QB" but you never know. I'm willing to bet the Bills have looked at more than a few of them so we'll see.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd take the red nosed reindeer at 12 before Mason.

All five or six of those quarterbacks have nothing but failure written all over them -----except which ever one I happen to favor, and HE can't miss. If I wasn't so sold on my ability to scout college football players, I might consider that pro scouts have better knowledge, however, I  AM certain that I have it correct, and will let everyone know when I decide.

1 minute ago, PBLESS said:

All five or six of those quarterbacks have nothing but failure written all over them -----except which ever one I happen to favor, and HE can't miss. If I wasn't so sold on my ability to scout college football players, I might consider that pro scouts have better knowledge, however, I  AM certain that I have it correct, and will let everyone know when I decide.

:lol: Expressing an opinion on a Buffalo Bills Message Board?  The nerve! 

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

Rudolph will probably turn out to be the best quarterback in this draft.

I see Rosen, Allen and Mayfield all busting. And Sam Darnold will be a Brown. Nuff said there.

Jackson and Rudolph will outperform the big four IMO. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBLESS said:

Made me LOL. Same, I’m watching the “all throws” reels on the top 4 and completely convinced I had the answer. Then realized a few hours doesn’t make me a scout. If they think one of these guys is the answer, do what you can to jump to picks 1 or 2. If any doubt, get someone after the 1st round and hope they’re so shoulder chipped that they Brees or Brady it.