Browns Darnold, Giants Rosen

T-Bomb

Maybe this is why McBeane was not interested in trading to #3.

It's likely Beane has already talked to both clubs, maybe his Buddy Gettlemen clued him into the fact the Giants are taking Rosen or Darnold, and the Browns told him they are going QB for sure. 

Darnold/Rosen are the only two QB's worth trading up to get.

Bottom line, if the Giants are going QB, the Bills will not get their top prospect QB in the draft.  Broncos will get Mayfield, and by the time the Bills pick, there is no QB worth selecting.

For some reason I smell the Jets taking Allen over Mayfield.

Quite possibly another colossal whiff by this franchise.  They won too many games last season, and it will cost them for another decade or so I think.

Edited by T-Bomb
  • Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yup should have tanked 

Even without tanking bro we could have made that trade. Beane was asleep behind the wheel.

If we stay at 12 and jus go bpa. This will be the year we get laughed at for having the ammo to move up,  and getting leap frogged by teams with less draft cap.

Beane could be talking to gettlemen tho. Who knows. That would be his only saving grace

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

Manning has one season left IMO, Rosen is a perfect heir apparent.

It would be a huge brain fart by the Giants to trade out of that spot and wait until 12 to pick.

• Like (+1) 4

I'd absolutely trade up for Allen, but only at the right price. Definitely wouldn't trade all the way to 2 for him, but if one of the top 4 fell past 6, who would really be a threat to take a QB at that point? Miami?

I'd see if Tampa Bay would take Jerry Hughes and #12 for #7. Hopefully Allen or Mayfield is still available.

Nope.

The Giants want Barkley. They haven't had a run game in years and Barkley in the back field with Beckham on the outside would be lethal. 

Until the Giants know for sure if Barkley is available, they're holding on to the pick. 

If (when Barkley) goes #1 overall, the Giants will trade down and stock pile picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Nope.

The Giants want Barkley. They haven't had a run game in years and Barkley in the back field with Beckham on the outside would be lethal. 

Until the Giants know for sure if Barkley is available, they're holding on to the pick. 

If (when Barkley) goes #1 overall, the Giants will trade down and stock pile picks. 

It's been proven time and time again, you don't draft a RB that high, they are nowhere near as important as QB.  Browns will get him at 4 after they get their franchise QB.

Bills lose out again I'm afraid.

This is why backing into the playoff's to end the drought is nowhere near as important as being able to draft a franchise QB.

The Giants will draft their second SB winning franchise QB while the BIlls still have not been able to replace Jim Kelly.  Yup.

Edited by T-Bomb

10 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

It's likely Beane has already talked to both clubs, maybe his Buddy Gettlemen clued him into the fact the Giants are taking Rosen or Darnold, and the Browns told him they are going QB for sure. 

Bottom line, if the Giants are going QB, the Bills will not get their top prospect QB in the draft.  Broncos will get Mayfield, and by the time the Bills pick, there is no QB worth selecting.

Quite possibly another colossal whiff by this franchise.  They won too many games last season, and it will cost them for another decade or so I think.

That would make sense to me. Rosen and Darnold are the only QBs that are worth trading up for. If they are going to be drafted trading up to 3 for Allen or Mayfield is not smart business (LOL jets). 

If I am the Bills I sit at 12 and see if Mayfield falls. If not, I am taking White or Rudolph at the top of the second (both who have a pretty good shot of becoming franchise QBs). 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

I hope they don't, but I have trouble believing that given how old Manning is. Being it the top two is a great opportunity, if you pass it up there is a good chance you become the Browns. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I hope they don't, but I have trouble believing that given how old Manning is. Being it the top two is a great opportunity, if you pass it up there is a good chance you become the Browns. 

I think any GM these days knows you simply do NOT pass on a guy like Rosen, ever.

I think they are too far

21 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I have to agree with T-Bombs thoughts on we won too many games last year...we were not supposed to be very good and end up high in the draft affording us Big Sam Darnold. I liked ending the playoff drought but the thought of the  Jets get a top notch QB is awful.

19 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

It's been proven time and time again, you don't draft a RB that high, they are nowhere near as important as QB.  Browns will get him at 4 after they get their franchise QB.

Bills lose out again I'm afraid.

This is why backing into the playoff's to end the drought is nowhere near as important as being able to draft a franchise QB.

The Giants will draft their second SB winning franchise QB while the BIlls still have not been able to replace Jim Kelly.  Yup.

No chance Barkley makes it to #4 overall. 

29 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Nope.

I can't believe for a minute that Cle passes on QB at 1. Not with the jests moving up. Therefore, Barkley will likely be there at 2. That said, Gettleman is old school. I don't think he's going RB that high, which would make the pick still available at the right price. Just my opinion

39 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

No sane fan is angry at their team for "winning too much"

34 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Nope.

The Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio has said for months that it's Barkley or trading down.

The Giants think Eli has a few years left and the like Webb a lot.

Take it for what it's worth.

The Bills are still, despite the panic button being pushed. I even pushed the panic button, but I let rational thought take over and will let this thing play out.

Just now, njbuff said:

The Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio has said for months that it's Barkley or trading down.

The Giants think Eli has a few years left and the like Webb a lot.

Take it for what it's worth.

The Bills are still, despite the panic button being pushed. I even pushed the panic button, but I let rational thought take over and will let this thing play out.

Yup. Seems pretty obvious to me. 

If Barkley goes #1, we'll trade up to #2. 

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

No sane fan is angry at their team for "winning too much"

Bills fans will need to ask themselves in 10 years if backing into the playoff's to end the drought was worth missing out on a franchise QB.

They passed on Watson & Mahomes in the last draft, and now they will lose out on Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield.

This could wind up being about as Billsy as it can possibly get.

We'll see how many SB's those QB's win, maybe it's none.  But it sure feels like the Manning/Rivers/Roethlisberger/Losman draft all over again.

Edited by T-Bomb

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I also think Plan B is a good idea too. That's if Plan B is LJ. I might be in the minority here, but I think Jackson can be unstoppable if he is allowed to sit back and not play right away.

A lot of people on here don't like Jackson, but I do. This myth of him not being accurate is not true. He isn't the most accurate QB in the world, but certainly accurate enough.

If the Bills draft him and allow him to sit, he could really be something. LJ is NOT EJ Manuel.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Gentleman will not draft a RB at #2 overall. I'm telling ya. He is old school. The value is simply not there, at that price-in His eyes

Edited by BuffAlone