Next up - QB of the defense

I think the Bills are trading up.   McCarron isn't likely to be the future.   No one wanted him.  

When you need a QB and you have a chance to get a great rookie, you can't pass on the opportunity.  You have to take your shot.  

So I think the Bills are trading up into the top 5 and getting the guy they want.  And that means they won't be drafting at 12 and they won't be getting one of the top linebackers.   Maybe they get their guy in the second round.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

And who do you foresee this trade up being for? And why is it worth missing out on a Treadmill White or Dion Dawkins? 

No sarcasm, genuinely interested in your opinion,as stated I am not a well informed college guy like many on here

If you draft a QB and they end up being a franchise hit, I would take that over 5 Tre Whites.

Can the owners meeting get here really fast so the next trade up can happen already???

4 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Vander Esch absolutely crushed the combine.

He WILL be a first round pick

Maybe maybe not. Tape means more than Combine

In free agency there isn't much going on. Tahir Whitehead is still out there I believe. I still honestly take a flyer on Brian Cushing or even a guy like Lawrence Timmons. Other than that I think we have to wait to see who gets released over the next couple of weeks. 

They trade up for their Qb.  Bottom part of rd 1 Buffalo moves up for a linebaker.  Those are the biggest needs.  Both filled with big time players on the first night.

Edited by Mat68

I think the move is to get up to #5 and draft one of Rosen, Darnold, Allen or Mayfield. Probably will cost the 22nd + one of the 2nd rounders. 

At that point we can look for a "QB for the defense". Only after we get a QB for the offense. 

4 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

If you draft a QB and they end up being a franchise hit, I would take that over 5 Tre Whites.

Right but I don't see any of these guys with Franchise QB written on them.

Mccarron has probably just as much upside. I see 2011 and 12 qbs here. The first rounders we're Locker,Gabbert,Ponder ,RG3,Tannehil,Weeden.

Cam n Luck are the outliers but both were expected to be legit franchise guys. Cousins was a 4th rder in 12

No QB in this class has that franchise QB stamp. 

Why waste draft capital on a huge question mark when we can let a QB fall to us and have the same chance.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The entire point of this thread 

The entire point of this thread 

LOL., My bad, I glossed over it. 

I guess I am denial that after all that Beane has done, some people think we might not take a QB.

Edited by Bag of Milk

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Can the owners meeting get here really fast so the next trade up can happen already???

Next trade up...to the top-3?  You don't trade up until you see what happens at the top.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Next trade up...to the top-3?  You don't trade up until you see what happens at the top.

Go to 1 or 2 if you have a guy your dead set on.  It will be costly but they have plenty to offer.  The sooner you do it you can than concentrate on the rest of the draft.  If the price is right the other team can than work on how their draft works.

15 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

if they sign Preston Brown and then a better suited mlb is available in the draft can Preston handle the strong side 

I believe this as well. I am not a fan of Preston, but I do think he could be effective as a SAM because of his freakishly long arms. I think he is going to wind up as an LB on a 3-4 team like the Packers or Giants. 

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Go to 1 or 2 if you have a guy your dead set on.  It will be costly but they have plenty to offer.  The sooner you do it you can than concentrate on the rest of the draft.  If the price is right the other team can than work on how their draft works.

It will be very costly.  Going to 2 will cost the 2-1st rounders, the 1st-2nd rounder, and the 1st-3rd rounder.  The first overall will cost them their first 6 picks.  Unless they have a crystal ball, no way do I give up that much.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure you can if you like any of the three QBs. You can get up there immediately 

• Like (+1) 2