Sal about FA QB's For Bill's - Hint ?

Just was on wgr and said a group of five he believes the Bills are looking strongly at.

Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, McCarron, McCown.

And Matt Moore as a backup if none of those are available.

But it was his interesting comment to me about the free-agent quarterback being a starter for one or "two years". If that is indeed the case then I believe Josh Allen would be the quarterback they are interested in moving up for and then can sit for 2 years to develop behind one of the above starters.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like Allen.  One thing though, is the kid sure looked odd running his 40 with his arms straight down.  I hope they get Darnold.

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

But it was his interesting comment to me about the free-agent quarterback being a starter for one or "two years". If that is indeed the case then I believe Josh Allen would be the quarterback they are interested in moving up for and then can sit for 2 years to develop behind one of the above starters.

As much as I'm excited about the draft, having to suffer through two more years of meh QB play doesn't seem so exciting.    The pressure will be on to get the 'savoir' on the field in year two.    Can't see the patience to let him rise the bench until year three...

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

As much as I'm excited about the draft, having to suffer through two more years of meh QB play doesn't seem so exciting.    The pressure will be on to get the 'savoir' on the field in year two.    Can't see the patience to let him rise the bench until year three...

Nothing can be as bad as Tryrod. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

The plan is always to let the bridge start for a year or 2 while you groom the rook but the league just doesn't play that way anymore. If the rook is the real deal, he will find his way on the field year 1.

Unless they plan it that way from day one.

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Nathan Peterman says hello from the Chargers game.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, PIZ said:

This is one of the silliest comments I've read on here.  It can ALWAYS get worse and has.  JP, Trent, EJ, Tuel Time, Thaddeus Lewis, Nasty Nate, Fitz ...

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is one of the silliest comments I've read on here.  It can ALWAYS

I suppose you're right, but I am so ready for something different.  I do believe the guys bring mentioned in FA QB are all better than Tyrod.  Just my opinion though.

Edited by PIZ

Just now, PIZ said:

I suppose you're right, but I am do ready for something different.  I do believe the guys bring mentioned in FA QB are all better than Tyrod.  Just my opinion though.

One things for certain.  We will get something different next year. Hopefully it's better.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is one of the silliest comments I've read on here.  It can ALWAYS get worse and has.  JP, Trent, EJ, Tuel Time, Thaddeus Lewis, Nasty Nate, Fitz ...

Give it up and let it go.

He's gone now.  Thank God.

12 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

The plan is always to let the bridge start for a year or 2 while you groom the rook but the league just doesn't play that way anymore. If the rook is the real deal, he will find his way on the field year 1.

Very true. You also have to factor in the reality that most “bridge” guys stink. Fans and coaches alike become impatient, and are ready to start the rookie. That’s why I’m not a believer in the “bridge QB” method. Pick up a veteran for security as a backup, but just start the rookie on opening day. Why delay the inevitable?