12 + 22 = what pick?

NewEra

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

True. There are a lot of variables. I predict there will be a lot of wheeling and dealing right when the draft starts rather than someone moving up to 1 or 2 in the days leading up to it. But you never know.

I would think Beane wants it done ASAP.

True. There are a lot of variables. I predict there will be a lot of wheeling and dealing right when the draft starts rather than someone moving up to 1 or 2 in the days leading up to it. But you never know.

The one thing I'm hoping is that the Giants don't want to hand a star to the Jets -- that and Gettleman's relationship with Beane. Make no mistake, though -- the object is to get to #2. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

yes 6 37 and 49 will get them to #2

Regardless of what the draft chart says I would personally rather have 12 and 22 than 6, 37 and 49. I understand both sides but I think if you look at the histories of 37 and 49 the chances of getting two solid if not star players would be better at 12 and 22.  

Regardless of what the draft chart says I would personally rather have 12 and 22 than 6, 37 and 49. I understand both sides but I think if you look at the histories of 37 and 49 the chances of getting two solid if not star players would be better at 12 and 22.  

Disagree with this logic for a simple reason - you're not factoring in players. A team may absolutely love a player who will be there at 6 and not at 12. That has to be factored in.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

that maybe true but the bills arnt gunna end having those picks

38 minutes ago, stony said:

I think the Giants have been the target.

If I were the Giants, I'd ask for our Pick 12, next year's first and one of our thirds this year. They're banking on we won't be as good a team next year and they'd get a higher pick in the first round.

Edited by Green Lightning

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Disagree with this logic for a simple reason - you're not factoring in players. A team may absolutely love a player who will be there at 6 and not at 12. That has to be factored in.

True. But at six you never know if he is going to be available. I guarantee you they love a dozen players at 22 versus 37. 

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yep, that is my worry. 

But for the Bills to move up to 2, they'll have to throw in more than 3 picks. Perhaps the Giants would be willing to move further down in the first in exchange for more total picks than what the Jets would have to offer (in that scenario).

Besides, do the Giants really want the Jets to have a franchise QB, making them the big dogs in the Meadowlands? 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

True. But at six you never know if he is going to be available. I guarantee you they love a dozen players at 22 versus 37. 

They generally will know because it's highly likely that 3 and quite possibly 4 of the first 5 picks will be qbs. 

1 minute ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

But for the Bills to move up to 2, they'll have to throw in more than 3 picks. Perhaps the Giants would be willing to move further down in the first in exchange for more total picks than what the Jets would have to offer (in that scenario).

Besides, do the Giants really want the Jets to have a franchise QB, making them the big dogs in the Meadowlands? 

The last question is real, but at the end of the day it's not rational to want to stick it to the Jets simply they're a NY team. They're in the other conference and aren't a rival.

Looking at the draft order, I don't think getting to #12 is our ultimate goal.

In terms of "QB-needy" teams, that only gets us ahead of Arizona.  Even if the Bills like 4-5 guys, I don't think they can be confident that Cleveland, New York, Denver, New York and Miami are going to pass on someone.  Not to mention someone else trading up.  I also don't think Beane makes this trade without a plan already in place to go higher.  Imagine moving up 9 spots, only to have other teams jump ahead and take the guy(s) you were after.  Or getting up this far, then not having a willing trade partner to swap.  That would be a major blunder from our front office.

My guess is that we have already discussed this with other teams, and have a pending trade in place with Cleveland, New York Giants or Indianapolis.  Don't be surprised if something else pops in the next week or so.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The last question is real, but at the end of the day it's not rational to want to stick it to the Jets simply they're a NY team. They're in the other conference and aren't a rival.

correct.  it should simply come down to who offers the Giants a better package for their pick

21 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I understand that, but when has the last time a raw project QB has worked out in the NFL? 

I feel like I would be reliving EJ all over again.. 

I compare the Allen situation to Gabbert when he came out. Not comparing talent at all, just how they shot up the draft board after the combine, and due to the nature of the position they play. Now Allen has more talent than Gabbert did, but personally, I wasn't all that impressed by him. Too inconsistent for me. I get that he wasn't surrounded by great talent at Wyoming (to Klaista's point), but he didn't exactly face top talent every week either. They were largely ineffective against Iowa and Oregon, which was expected, but they faced several cream puffs and didn't exactly blow them away either.

I would side with you Captain on this one, but who knows? Maybe Allen turns out to be the best QB in this draft, or at least a franchise QB, but I just don't see it.

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The one thing I'm hoping is that the Giants don't want to hand a star to the Jets -- that and Gettleman's relationship with Beane. Make no mistake, though -- the object is to get to #2. 

Beat me to it

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

39 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I guarantee you we'll do a trade up again with the Browns for 4. It will cost 12+21. They have TT now and who better to groom Lamar Jackson @ 12.  The problem is who will be there left @4 between Darnold,  Rosen & Mayfield?

No point in possibly settling for the 3rd best. #2 is calling the Bills name, "Come get me, come get me..."

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The same can be said for the Bills, though. I'm sure it's far from the top of the list of factors, but I guarantee you the Giants would rather see the Bills with that QB than the team that shares their stadium, while picking up an additional pick (including 2 firsts) in the process. 

The Gettleman connection is very real, though, and may actually be the key to it all.