Who do you want for a veteran qb?

Steptide

I would be sick to my stomach sending even a 2nd rd pick for Foles but that would be as high as I would go for him. Foles is going to cash in on his playoff and super bowl performance, if the Eagles don't trade him I think he will hold out for more money. If Foles is traded he will want a contract at least comparable to what McCarron will get at around 12 to 16 mil a year.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Teddy Bridgewater.

A big risk, to be sure, but he is still young and has flashed "Franchise QB" potential.

I don't see it w/ Bridgewater. He did nothing before he got injured. Mediocre passing w/o the ability to run, so if you're looking for a Tyrod upgrade, it's probably a downgrade. The mind has the ability to be forgetful once you haven't seen someone in a while. Hmm, that old girlfriend...I wonder what she's up to. 

I have a good friend who's a Viking fan. He also doesn't see it in Bridgewater. We had a conversation about our teams QB issues on Friday (before Tyrod was traded). At the time, it appeared we'd be keeping Tyrod for another year. He's not sold on the thought of Cousins being their QB (seems more possible today). The consensus though, Bridgewater not a viable option to start...anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Kyle Williams is very close to retirement. Incognito is 34 years old. Benjamin is a piece, but certainly not a top-end #1 WR. That you are reaching for Lawson and Holmes really says it all in terms of the talent level on this team.

Holmes had a off year but has hit 10+ sacks multiple times. Lawson is a 1st pick with talent and is only 25 years old. Benjamin if healthy is a number one wideout. Just because Williams and Incognito are old doesn't make them useless or not worthy players. They are cogs on this team and very much why they won 9 games. Your outlook is strange to say the least. I am not claiming a legitimate playoff team, neither was Jacksonville, easy division.  But this team had 6 picks in top 3 rounds, Last years draft will be one year older, Lawson and Washington are still learning. The fact is we are a QB away from a 10-11 win season.

6 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Aaron Rodgers was a career backup, so was Steve Young to your definition. SF is making Garoppolo that man. Alex Smith has become that man. Cousins has become that man. Your wrong. McCarron was drafted by Cincy as insurance and future. Maybe trade collateral.

Rodgers was drafted by Green Bay and became the starter in Green Bay

Steve Young was traded from Tampa to San Francisco

Graoppolo was traded from New England to San Francisco

Alex Smith was traded from San Francisco to Kansas City and from Kansas City to Washington

Cousins was drafted by Washington and became a starter in Washington.  He is seeking employment elsewhere

None of the above were drafted by one team, spent their entire tenure as a backup, then went on to become another team's franchise QB

McCarron could be the first in a very long time, but history is not on his side

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would be sick to my stomach sending even a 2nd rd pick for Foles but that would be as high as I would go for him. Foles is going to cash in on his playoff and super bowl performance, if the Eagles don't trade him I think he will hold out for more money. If Foles is traded he will want a contract at least comparable to what McCarron will get at around 12 to 16 mil a year.

I think Foles knows who he is, too many QB's available, large QB class. if he is stubborn or Philly is stubborn he will be their backup or cut. If cut he will be below a few QB's on the high money list. Keenum has better stats. Bradford a better pedigree. Foles fit with draft in place as a starter is maybe two teams. Buffalo may be his safest place if Buffalo wants him given we pick 21st. Miami picks 11th, that guy is playing. I would do it to save using our picks to move up. Draft a QB 22nd or 2nd round. 21st pick I would get Evans and actually 22nd pick I would get Price or the Daniels, top 2 Center/Guard. Groy would be RG and backup. Ducasse sits as backup. Second I would grab QB Rudolph and a DT. Third I would get speed at WR and a CB. If Buffalo doesn't go for Cousin's and blow money they may try to get DE and speed at WR.  

20 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

I don't see it w/ Bridgewater. He did nothing before he got injured. Mediocre passing w/o the ability to run, so if you're looking for a Tyrod upgrade, it's probably a downgrade. The mind has the ability to be forgetful once you haven't seen someone in a while. Hmm, that old girlfriend...I wonder what she's up to. 

I have a good friend who's a Viking fan. He also doesn't see it in Bridgewater. We had a conversation about our teams QB issues on Friday (before Tyrod was traded). At the time, it appeared we'd be keeping Tyrod for another year. He's not sold on the thought of Cousins being their QB (seems more possible today). The consensus though, Bridgewater not a viable option to start...anywhere. 

I was already to bash you till I looked up his stats. Better passer than Tyrod but not as good a run now with a questionable knee. He is a 80 rating QB which in today's passing game is average. he throws more TD's then INT but not better than Taylor. He is a BIG no to me as a backup or starter now. Bills will know this, he isn't worth a look. not sure why I thought he threw for 4000 yards in a season.

17 minutes ago, McBean said:

Nobody.

I want our rookie to come in Day 1 and take control of this team and organization. I’m dying for a face of this franchise. It’s been too damn long.

Better have a backup plan, happens rarely not usually sitting at 21st pick. There is no sure 1st pick starter this year. Even Cleveland got their starter just in case from Buffalo. We need to aim higher than Tyrod's stats which says allot. We need a QB that can throw 3500-4000 yards. Only way to compete in the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Rodgers was drafted by Green Bay and became the starter in Green Bay

Steve Young was traded from Tampa to San Francisco

Graoppolo was traded from New England to San Francisco

Alex Smith was traded from San Francisco to Kansas City and from Kansas City to Washington

Cousins was drafted by Washington and became a starter in Washington.  He is seeking employment elsewhere

None of the above were drafted by one team, spent their entire tenure as a backup, then went on to become another team's franchise QB

McCarron could be the first in a very long time, but history is not on his side

Rodgers sat behind Favre for 3 years, your wrong!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

Any older QB who is smart in the film room but can accept being the 3rd QB on the roster, definitely not Bridgewater and probably not McCown, both would expect reasonable chances to play, IMO this team has to be our 1st round pick's and we should also be developing Peterman as a long term backup.

33 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Holmes had a off year but has hit 10+ sacks multiple times. Lawson is a 1st pick with talent and is only 25 years old. Benjamin if healthy is a number one wideout. Just because Williams and Incognito are old doesn't make them useless or not worthy players. They are cogs on this team and very much why they won 9 games. Your outlook is strange to say the least. I am not claiming a legitimate playoff team, neither was Jacksonville, easy division.  But this team had 6 picks in top 3 rounds, Last years draft will be one year older, Lawson and Washington are still learning. The fact is we are a QB away from a 10-11 win season.

who the heck is Holmes...Jerry Hughes ?

11 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Rodgers sat behind Favre for 3 years, your wrong!

Rodgers sat behind Favre as the heir and took over the starting job when Favre retired.  Rodgers did not leave via free agency looking for a payday and starting job elsewhere.

And it's you're, not your

I think the Bills should consider bringing in Bradford and if his physical is good, give him a 2 - 3 year contract with some incentives if he can play X amount of games.  He is the best FA QB out there if healthy.  The downside is if he gets injured but that would be true with anyone they bring in.  Recent reports say his knee is fine.  Even last year, he just needed it cleaned up and by that I mean it wasn't an ACL.  He was active during the playoffs and was the backup to Keenum.  

2 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

And with that statement who will just hand out starting job to him. Tell me a team you know will give him starting status?

Good point, but if he can sign on with a team that doesnt draft a qb high, he may have a better chance to start. 

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I find this hard to believe personally 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Good point, but if he can sign on with a team that doesnt draft a qb high, he may have a better chance to start. 

I find this hard to believe personally 

Me too. BillsFanatics got the Odighizuwa signing right, but this sounds absolutely ridiculous.