Speculation: McCarron Lands in WNY

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...HIGHLY doubtful IMO......classes like this with many viable candidates do NOT come along offten.....if McCarron is your future, just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic when some of these draftees potentially show up big time.......

I really like McCarron, but not drafting a high round QB from this coming up draft class would be grounds for the Beane mans dismissal and probably cause R Brandon to have a heart attack. 

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I really like McCarron, but not drafting a high round QB from this coming up draft class would be grounds for the Beane mans dismissal and probably cause R Brandon to have a heart attack. 

It depends. A team like Jacksonville built a team. 

19 hours ago, ngbills said:

Threw for 190, 200 and 160 in his three starts. Lets give him 15M per year. Tyrod gets run out of town for those numbers. 

Also, if we do sign McCarron it's highly unlikely we draft a QB in the 1st round which is a big mistake!

We need a veteran backup like Tom Savage, a guy who can help in the film room and keep the ship afloat for 5-6 games if our starter gets hurt.

Many of these highly touted free agent QBs are going cost a lot of money and they're going to want to start. I think we should take that money and build the roster.

Wait for one of the top 4 to drop to 7-10, move up without mortgaging the farm and take your QB of the future. Baker Mayfield with Tom Savage backing him up is a strong group.

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

...for my pittance pennies 'Fig, there may be 6 bonafide QB candidates in this draft class, an objective number based on a multitude of opinions and where a team sees value for their available draft slots....HIGHLY paid people determine move up, move down or stay pat, with their every move getting hammered post draft in this EXACT SCIENCE arena (except on TBD...COUGH....wait...CHOKE) .opinions are all over the map from highs to lows, to supporting positive tape to egregious mishap tape, from cockiness to respect for the NFL first....BUT...this is THE year IMO you pull the trigger if QB is a major need.....could hit the BULLSEYE...OR...end up firing "blanks"...like me....I'm old though.........

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Dude has never been a starter and want $15M per.... ? 

What has has happened to this league!

Go kick rocks!!!

The cost of a starting QB goes up more than any other position year to year.

Starters not on rookie contracts make a minimum of $12-15mil for bottom feeders.

I'm not saying he's worth that, I'm saying that the market says he is.

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So you're saying we should approach being successful by being the outlier. Sounds like an intelligent idea

Not saying that, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to move up and ur getting a guy with question marks. Trust me, I'm all about getting the QB but I also understand where the NFL is headed. Coaching and overall talent is becoming more and more important. If you think McCarron has the same upside potential as the 3rd and 4th rated QB in this draft, then why not just sign him and use all the picks to build a team. 

All I am saying is that McCarron is a very interesting situation. His college tape is impressive and then he did some nice things in NFL. If he can build off his starts 2 years ago, you could have something there

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Not saying that, but it's going to cost an arm and a leg to move up and ur getting a guy with question marks. Trust me, I'm all about getting the QB but I also understand where the NFL is headed. Coaching and overall talent is becoming more and more important. If you think McCarron has the same upside potential as the 3rd and 4th rated QB in this draft, then why not just sign him and use all the picks to build a team. 

All I am saying is that McCarron is a very interesting situation. His college tape is impressive and then he did some nice things in NFL. If he can build off his starts 2 years ago, you could have something there

We just watched the Eagles win a Championship with a backup QB after drafting their future franchise which does suggest coaching and overall talent plays a huge part.

Wouldn't you say though good depth at the QB position is part of the Eagles overall talent?

11 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I guess our difference in opinion is how we view McCarron. I just don't rate him that highly at all. I certainly don't believe he's an upgrade at the position.

I also don't want to be caught up in what I view as a reactionary view of the league. Let's see how the Vikings and Jaguars do next year. Eagles had a potential MVP at QB most of the year. It's still an outlier to me. Rodgers doesn't get hurt, who knows what the Vikings are. 

11 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Also, if we do sign McCarron it's highly unlikely we draft a QB in the 1st round which is a big mistake!

We need a veteran backup like Tom Savage, a guy who can help in the film room and keep the ship afloat for 5-6 games if our starter gets hurt.

Many of these highly touted free agent QBs are going cost a lot of money and they're going to want to start. I think we should take that money and build the roster.

Wait for one of the top 4 to drop to 7-10, move up without mortgaging the farm and take your QB of the future. Baker Mayfield with Tom Savage backing him up is a strong group.

Id rather have  1 of the 3rd teir guys Chase Daniel's,  Derek Anderson,  Moore or Henne.