Buffalo will go 3 ways with QB situation with these players in play

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Yep, one of them.

I am down here in NYC and it is believed that Gettleman really wants to move on from the problem children on the team It is believed he views them as big time cancers, no matter what their talent is.

Take it for what it is worth. I hope it doesn't derail a possible trade up to 2 for the Bills.

I'd be leery of that too, but Nelson is quite the prospect and people tinkk he won't make it out of the top 10.

Gettleman now has two problem children ,one of whose value has plummeted today. We can offer him  , the two number one's . a number two this year , a number two next year and Cordy Glenn for the second pick plus one of the two problem children. Then , as Dallas has moved on from Dez , we can trade the WR to Dallas for a draft choice . The draft choice to be determined later when the NFL  determines what they are going to do with him. Dallas would be a good landing spot for said WR.

54 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm saying that Foles previous success may have more to do with Chip Kelly's offense than Foles's aptitude at quarterback if Mark freakin Sanchez put up similar numbers.  He obviously played great in the postseason, but do you trade a 1st for the guy based off that?  To me, Rosen or Mayfield (preferably Rosen) are worth trading up for and we have the draft capital to do it.   I realize the risk involved with trading up for a potential franchise QB, but the reward is 15 years of competing for the playoffs.  It's time to get aggressive. 

We don't have the draft capital, our 1st picks are worth not much more than a early 2nd rounder when talking about Top 10 talent in a draft. Your thinking QB. Other teams are thinking what player takes me to the Superbowl. They will have collateral to drive up the price that we end up over paying for a QB we are not sure is a Franchise guy. Ryan Leaf was taken after Manning, didn't work out to well. Ask Oakland how they did drafting a QB number 1 overall. You give up 5-6 picks and that happens to your team your done. Not the smart move. There is no Luck or Rivers in this draft.

1 hour ago, KollegeStudnet said:

3 first rounders for Luck who hasn’t thrown a pass in over a year. No way. 

So 2 - 1st picks a 2nd and a 3rd for a QB that never has thrown a NFL pass in his life is the going rate for a Top 4 pick, might even be more. I would challenge that a QB that won a few 11-5 seasons is worth allot more, who also was a 1st over all pick.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and where the hell did I even remotely imply that?.....the kid resurrected his career, maximized his opportunity and came home with the Lombardi AND SB MVP....if your pointing your comments at me, they should be kept silent as they are plainly ignorant.....sure as hell is nothing like a kid coming from the career abyss to the pinnacle, fulfilling a life long dream....

Where you not implying Foles was about to retire from the NFL, no one giving him a chance, you were saying he was quitting so why would anyone buy into him. 

52 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/10/12/cleveland-browns-the-quiet-emergence-of-shon-coleman/

They are very happy with their RT. And again, if Thomas doesn't retire they have no need (which means Glenn adds zero value to a trade for the Browns.) Yes, they have a lot to upgrade, so why upgrade at a spot that is solid?

Glenn to the Giants- I get that thought. It's a need for them. 

1. Cleveland Browns 
Record: 0-16 (.520) 
Top needs: QB, CB, RT 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855910/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

This is off the NFL draft page. I would tend to believe them then some obscure article about a player that someone thinks is doing OK.

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's all about the QB. This team has been a losing franchise through most of it's history. Mainly due to over-valuing RB and D, and undervaluing QB and Head Coaches. Buffalo has had some of the greatest RBs in history and it's gotten us jack. The only time the team was good was when we had a QB to go with it. Heck, OJ dominated the league and he only played in ONE playoff game his entire career. And now it's a much more QB-centric league.

So yes, you go all in on QB when you have the chance. Right now, the Bills have the chance, and the resources to make it happen. That is what gathering all these resources was all about. It can be done with enough picks, and a player. And both the Giants and Colts need that.

Ferguson won a few games and had Joe Cribbs RB and went to the playoffs with him, Ferguson was a 3rd rounder I believe. Frank Reich as backup for Bills did as well at QB as kelly did in games, he had Thurman Thomas. Your blanket statement is not correct. You need both to win consistently or have one of the best QB's of all time. Few have them so having a Top 5 running back allows Taylor a shot at the playoffs, allows a Foles a Superbowl.

52 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's all about the QB. This team has been a losing franchise through most of it's history. Mainly due to over-valuing RB and D, and undervaluing QB and Head Coaches. Buffalo has had some of the greatest RBs in history and it's gotten us jack. The only time the team was good was when we had a QB to go with it. Heck, OJ dominated the league and he only played in ONE playoff game his entire career. And now it's a much more QB-centric league.

So yes, you go all in on QB when you have the chance. Right now, the Bills have the chance, and the resources to make it happen. That is what gathering all these resources was all about. It can be done with enough picks, and a player. And both the Giants and Colts need that.

We will see what it is all about. I don't think Whaley last year past on Mahome for Buffalo to get 21st and 22nd round picks. I don't think Beane will give up 4-5 picks for a QB that is no guarantee to be a NFL QB. I do think Beane will get a veteran to be the Bills QB next year for his HC, not a rookie. I KNOW for sure Buffalo needs 4-5 positions just as bad as QB, thankfully RB is not one of them. 

5 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

1. Cleveland Browns 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855910/article/

6 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

1. Cleveland Browns 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855910/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

This is off the NFL draft page. I would tend to believe them then some obscure article about a player that someone thinks is doing OK.

2018-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

21. Buffalo Bills 
Record: 9-7 (.492) 
Top needs: QB, OL, DT 
The skinny: With two first-round picks, the Billshave the firepower to move up in the draft and get their QB if they so choose. They will have to replace C Eric Wood as he steps away from the game due to injury, but the Bills could be looking for help across the O-line. The Bills will likely address DT with at least one pick.

From the same draft page. Says we need OL. Means we should hang onto OL if we can.

also note that they make it a point to say we need to replace Wood. Seems like they don't know we have a capable in-house replacement. Just like the article I posted, your article is written from the perspective of one person. 

The Browns do need upgrades and they may want a player. But thinking that Glenn would interest them the same amount as a team like the Giants is just plain ignorant. Cleveland may feel like they want to upgrade a different place and request a guy that is more needed. Maybe they ask for Lawson, maybe Hughes. Who knows. 

My original point is almost every "trade up" throws Glenn in there without any thought as to if the other team would even want him.

2 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Also Keenum can be transition tagged, franchise tagged if he is worth something. He is the only QB who is worth something to tag. Also you had said there were many inaccuracies, even if I had that wrong it doesn't change my point. He is a valuable proven QB Buffalo can go for to fix their QB issue. Grow Up!!!! 

Deadline for tagging is over. Keenum is a UFA.

34 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

We don't have the draft capital, our 1st picks are worth not much more than a early 2nd rounder when talking about Top 10 talent in a draft. Your thinking QB. Other teams are thinking what player takes me to the Superbowl. They will have collateral to drive up the price that we end up over paying for a QB we are not sure is a Franchise guy. Ryan Leaf was taken after Manning, didn't work out to well. Ask Oakland how they did drafting a QB number 1 overall. You give up 5-6 picks and that happens to your team your done. Not the smart move. There is no Luck or Rivers in this draft.

So 2 - 1st picks a 2nd and a 3rd for a QB that never has thrown a NFL pass in his life is the going rate for a Top 4 pick, might even be more. I would challenge that a QB that won a few 11-5 seasons is worth allot more, who also was a 1st over all pick.

Where you not implying Foles was about to retire from the NFL, no one giving him a chance, you were saying he was quitting so why would anyone buy into him. 

If we only have to give up two firsts, a 2nd, and a 3rd for Rosen, I'd jump at it.  That still gives us Rosen, a 2nd, and a 3rd.  I would think we'd have to give up next year's 2nd round as well.  The difference between you and I is I think Rosen will be the next Eli Manning.  You obviously don't and prefer to take a more calculated risk with a journeyman QB in Foles. 

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

You can't make a blanket statement Bills move up to 2nd, how did they get there? Who went with the 1st pick? This isn't LA LA Land or Walt Disney.  

Keep reading maybe 

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Holy ****. Now I know that you really have no idea what you’re talking about. Do you have a personal grudge against Nick Foles? This is just getting weird now....

Nope no personal grudge. If calling a player what he is is a grudge dont know what to tell you

7 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

First choice trade or free agency for proven qb;

Foles or Keenum trade, these QB's can get it done.

McCown or Bridgewater freeagency, both proven QB's also, Bridgewater has a high ceiling but injury risk.

Second choice is getting young QB with potential;

Only real choice here is McCarron, proven college Champion with skills Buffalo could use now to start. Backups Moore or Bradford.

Draft a QB but doesn't move up to top 4;

Bills can get Jackson or Baker here even moving up a few spots before possible takers

Crazy IDEA -  Trade for Franchise QB;

Two trades possible; 

Cleveland's 4th pick by giving up our 21st pick, Glenn, 2nd rounder and Cleveland's 3rd rounder back and possibility our 3rd rounder. Glenn is the key here with all the moves Cleveland has made they need protection and Tyrod knows Glenn. Not sure I would do this trade.

Indy trades Luck to Buffalo for both 1st pick's and 1st next year. This I would do in a heart beat. Luck is young and a Franchise QB, new team new outlook. Makes or breaks GM Beane but the bold move that can win Championships. We still have both 2nd's and both 3rd's for needs and solve QB issue for 10 years.

hmmmm;)

I think that no one is considering Peterman in this equation. I know all of the rants that have been hurled at him in the past so kindly, stow them. McDermott likes him. I guess I would rather be liked by the coach ,than the derisive so called Bill's fans in the past few months. I am not saying he is the Qb of the future, but he may be just what we need as a bridge to our rookie , while he develops. We may not need a Foles or Keenum unless it is to tutor our rookie. Possibly there is a QB who is more adept at tutoring , who does not cost as much .

14 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

Why qould any team want to trade for Luck?  If Indy is willing to let him go that should be enough red flags to stay away from him.

WRONG. I give Colts what they want without blinking. They traded away Peyton Manning (who is better than Luck) who had red flags, but he lead Broncs to 2 Super Bowls and got insane stats.  Luck is definitely available. Rumors are coming out and a few people are suggesting that Colts trade Luck. There is something going on.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

WRONG. I give Colts what they want without blinking. They traded away Peyton Manning (who is better than Luck) who had red flags, but he lead Broncs to 2 Super Bowls and got insane stats.  Luck is definitely available. Rumors are coming out and a few people are suggesting that Colts trade Luck. There is something going on.

Rumors are coming out doesn't mean much unless it's somebody credible.  The Colts would be nuts to dump Luck unless there is something truly wrong with him.  Frank Reich strikes me as somebody who'd be thrilled to start his head coaching career with Luck as his QB.  In the rare event that these rumors are true, the Bills should definitely do their due diligence on Luck and make it happen if he checks out.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Rumors are coming out doesn't mean much unless it's somebody credible.  The Colts would be nuts to dump Luck unless there is something truly wrong with him.  Frank Reich strikes me as somebody who'd be thrilled to start his head coaching career with Luck as his QB.  In the rare event that these rumors are true, the Bills should definitely do their due diligence on Luck and make it happen if he checks out.

Yup. Durability. Luck missed a total of 1.5 seasons of football. That's a lot for anyone. Lacerated kidney, torn abdominal,  and shoulder surgery.  He was supposed to get a 2nd surgery on the same shoulder, but Luck said "the ship has sailed."

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

WRONG. Manning was not traded for.  PPlus you said it yourself Manning is better than Luck.  So why give up a ton of assets for a player that is going through a severe shoulder problem.  The biggest thing people are failing to realize when comparing Manning to Luck is Manning was a free agent.  The Broncos didn't have to give anything up for him.  If he wasn't able to perform they still had draft picks they could use the following year on a qb.  Odds are if you do trade for Luck you are not going to be able to get a top tier qb the following year.  So the Manning and Luck comparisons are not even in the same ball park.

Edited by Zebrastripes