Best QB available.

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If you don’t understand why it’s important to move up in the draft to get your franchise QB, I cannot help you.

Well, of the the top twenty QB's in the league last year, maybe half were first round picks. Two of those top twenty were with their second team. Three of the top twenty are on their way to another team. Six of those top twenty were day two or later picks. You thinking trading up in the draft is a sure bet to land a franchise QB is misguided. 

1 hour ago, Bornafan66 said:

I just don't understand all the love for moving up in the draft to get our QB.  If I'm the GM or owner I have the attitude that I'm building this team to beat the Patriots. Best team in the division, best team in the AFC, best team in the league. I don't go after an unproven commodity. That being said; I go after Foles first, if I can't get him, Andrew Luck, he dosent seem happy in Indy and they need everything. If they don't work out. I get Keenum, if that doesn't happen, I try to find a "bridge" guy.  Maybe Tom Savage, Bradford, or Teddy. 

I draft the best DT available. You beat the Patsies with pressure right up the middle.  Then I find an edge rusher.  There are going to be QB's falling in the draft.  

Tom Savage?

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wrong 

played 7 last year. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/gamelogs

And yes I said he had One good year with Chip Kelly in 2013. 

So again a Middling QB

Ok. Look at the same link you posted. Look at games started. He may have appeared in 7 games, but he only started 3 of them. Look at the stat line for the games he didn’t start. One of those games he just came in and took a knee. One game he came in and threw one pass...

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

8 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ok. Look at the same link you posted. Look at games started. He may have appeared in 7 games, but he only started 3 of them. Look at the stat line for the games he didn’t start. One of those games he just came in and took a knee. One game he came in and threw one pass...

Again doesnt what about the three years before.

he is a Middling QB 

a 29 year old Bridge QB very very similar to what we just traded out of here for a 3rd

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Bornafan66 said:

He's "serviceable". And he'd be down the list. Definitely not the long term answer. I'd still take a QB in the draft. Just wouldn't trade up to get him.  

I see your points but I guess I draw the line at Savage. He's awful

6 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

Well, of the the top twenty QB's in the league last year, maybe half were first round picks. Two of those top twenty were with their second team. Three of the top twenty are on their way to another team. Six of those top twenty were day two or later picks. You thinking trading up in the draft is a sure bet to land a franchise QB is misguided. 

No one said anything about it being a sure bet...but it certainly improves your chances of finding a franchise guy.

You can’t play the game “not to lose”, because the odds are that’s exactly what will happen...in order to win in life you need to create your own success...you can’t wait for someone to hand it too you.

Sure, there are a few times you might get lucky- but who wants to live that way? Imo it’s time THIS organization took the bull by the horns and announced to the world “We are tired of being pushed around and dictated to...We are ready to make our own success and finally be a contender again!”

Just now, JaCrispy said:

No one said anything about it being a sure bet...but it certainly improves your chances of finding a franchise guy.

You can’t play the game “not to lose”, because the odds are that’s exactly what will happen...in order to win in life you need to create your own success...you can’t wait for someone to hand it too you.

Sure, there are a few times you might get lucky- but who wants to live that way? Imo it’s time THIS organization took the bull by the horns and announced to the world “We are tired of being pushed around and dictated to...We are ready to make our own success and finally be a contender again!”

Like your attitude about winning. Just not sure about your plan to get a QB. Just don't think this draft as the talent to justify a trade up. 

40 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

Not saying we don't draft a guy this year. I definitely think we should, but not in the first round. The QB's in this years draft all seem to be abor out the same level depending on who you talk to. No one really stands out. I think we could get a good QB in the 2nd or even 3rd this year.  If we do get a guy like Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, etc. and a draft pick wins the job in camp I'd be ecstatic.  Agree; there are no guarantees. 

Let us know when a perfect QB prospect comes along so we can take one high.

Just now, BillsVet said:

Let us know when a perfect QB prospect comes along so we can take one high.

There isn't one in this draft, but there have been a couple I would have traded up to get. I wanted the Bills to really go after Wentz. I also  (to a lesser extent) wanted them to try for Mariota. There are few draft picks worth giving up your future for.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He only started 3 games last year. And the last game he played one series I believe. Look at his 2nd year in Philly 

Or look at his 3 starts in the playoffs. Those are what really matters 

People don't understand playing to Foles strengths and that he is 29 years old which is basically a QB's prime where the timing and speed really are nailed down. Sign me up for Foles paired with Jackson or Rudolph all day.

It's amazing how some fans think we are too good for a SB bowl MVP that just went toe to toe with GOAT and came out on top. Amazes me every time I read it honestly.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

People don't understand playing to Foles strengths and that he is 29 years old which is basically a QB's prime where the timing and speed really are nailed down. Sign me up for Foles paired with Jackson or Rudolph all day.

It's amazing how some fans think we are too good for a SB bowl MVP that just went toe to toe with GOAT and came out on top. Amazes me every time I read it honestly.

too much logic in your post,  you may make this forum explode.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

They say “I want better”. Like who? Aaron Rodgers isn’t available. Neither is Tom Brady. Watching foles in the Super Bowl sold me. He was making all the throws. Biggest game of his life and he absolutely rises to the occasion. Even the nfc championship game against Minnesota. Best D in the league. Foles lit them up. I don’t see how anyone could be mad if we got him

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

They say “I want better”. Like who? Aaron Rodgers isn’t available. Neither is Tom Brady. Watching foles in the Super Bowl sold me. He was making all the throws. Biggest game of his life and he absolutely rises to the occasion. Even the nfc championship game against Minnesota. Best D in the league. Foles lit them up. I don’t see how anyone could be mad if we got him

there are some on this board that would love to mortgage the entire draft on a QB that they know nothing about.   cuz its fresh new and shiny.  willing to gamble away their future for a sub 50% chance at the next great NFL QB.

and there are others that logically look at the situation.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bornafan66 said:

There isn't one in this draft, but there have been a couple I would have traded up to get. I wanted the Bills to really go after Wentz. I also  (to a lesser extent) wanted them to try for Mariota. There are few draft picks worth giving up your future for.

Always amazed at the amateur scouts who already know there are no prospects good enough to trade up for. The same people who declare there are no franchise types available.

Even more amazed at the fans who abhor and eschew any risk because things might not work out. 

Pretty confident McBeane aren't that afraid of their own shadow to leave round 1 without their guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How does this scream Trade for me

7 games

56.6 Comp %

537 yards

5.3 YPA

5 TDs

2 INTs

5 Sacks 

tell me this is the answer in Buffalo Ha Ha Ha 

Wow, you know that old saying about statistics? I'm not saying the Bills should or shouldn't pursue Foles, but I'm going with the eye test here. I cannot envision Tyrod Taylor doing any part of what Foles did in the SuperBowl . Or the playoffs for that matter. None of it. 

5 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

there are some on this board that would love to mortgage the entire draft on a QB that they know nothing about.   cuz its fresh new and shiny.  willing to gamble away their future for a sub 50% chance at the next great NFL QB.

and there are others that logically look at the situation.

I did my own rough calculation ( very rough) based on 1st round QBs since 2000. A very leniently judged " success " rate around 40%. As for at least playing in a Super Bowl it was about 10%. Not sure how that holds up if say another 10 or 15 years is included, but I figured it was a big enough sample size. Most of these QBs were chosen with just a single draft pick as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I did. I also watched the other Seasons he was a starting QB. 

So nope i am not trading a journeyman QB, to trade for another journeyman QB

I dont think YOU watched hik this season if you think he was great lol

Im sorry but while we do need a veteran guy I really hope that people think that is the ONLY thing we should do

I think we need to go for broke here...Rosen should be the target now.

If they would have kept Tyrod for another year....I would have other feelings on it.........