Disinformation: Bigger enemy now more than ever.

1. Other threads are for talking about whether the moves the FO makes in FA good/bad, not this one.

2. Other threads are for talking about whether we should do this/that in the draft, not this one.

3. There's a lot to be excited about, unless you really liked Tyrod, or really hate (insert FA QB we sign here)and that's all fine, but,  not in this thread.

What is this thread about then, since I've just taken 90% of the current front page out of its scope?(And yeah, the joke is: "Nothing!." :rolleyes: Or, "This thread is irrelevant." No it isn't. You'll see.)

We can all agree we have a plethora of options now, due to the draft picks and extra cap space. However, everybody in the entire NFL, would also agree. Thus, our "wealth" is as much of a boon as it is a problem. Everybody is going to be pitching everything at the Bills, and us as the fans, and the sheer noise of the # of offers, will make finding the good ones much harder. Not only will they be pitching us BS, more importantly, they will be pitching BS about and around us. And of course, since we've got so much, we're more inclined to listen. We must not be.

Thus the title of the thread: disinformation is now our biggest enemy.  Easy example: our FO plan is to package a #1,  a #2, and our new #3 to move up to spot X and take player Y. Then, we hear that another team, who is currently ~10 draft picks closer to spot X, wants to trade up to X. Now, do we add even more value to get there? Or pass? What happens when it is leaked? Answer: emotional outbursts, as designed, and now "we could have/have had player Y if only we threw in our #4 :wallbash: ", becomes a 10 page thread, when we have no idea if that is true, and probably never will. :rolleyes: Remember the Saints pathetic attempt to blame us for not trading them Marshawn Lynch, after he and the Seahawks beat them in the playoffs a few years ago?

What we "hear/heard" about another other team's plans:

1. Could be from that team BSing because they want a different trade to happen instead, and have no actual intention of executing their plan to get to spot X.

2. Could be from another team who is behind us in the Day 2 rounds, wanting to draft a guy who we won't, if we are forced to use extra resources

3. Could be a player's agent, or more than one of them, who see an angle to increase player(s) "value"/ensuring that we pass, so that said player(s) go(es) elsewhere.

4. Is coming from Jerry Jones, because, he can't miss a chance to be part of this Bills story-->we are now the biggest story, Jerry has to part of the biggest story. So, does Woody Johnson, Jets and Dan Snyder, Redskins. Hey, I'm not saying any of it makes sense, I'm merely directing you to: history. These guys have a long history of treating headlines and buzz >>> getting good players for their team. We are now the #1 team to watch, like it, or not, and they will be.

You get the idea.  Remember: in the Buddy Nix era WE were the masters of disinformation, which is how we got Cordy Glenn in the 2nd, as a starting LT, not a G. But, we had to be, we had a lot less to work with, just like the other teams in 2018 have a lot less than we do.

The media hasn't had a very good track record, for 2 years running now,  of getting stories right, in anything, including sports. Example: "McCarron to the Browns, lock it up!" No, "Tyrod to the Browns, you media hack." Ask: who benefited from the McCarron story? ALL media, because it means clicks, but certainly McCarron's agent, and the Bengals did. Media will write what they are told, or else they risk losing access to their team's FO, their agent sources, or the NFL as a whole. And, why not, if it, again, means clicks?

That's exactly what every Bills fan faces now. A huge, due to our huge 2018 resources, disinformation campaign, unlike we have ever seen. They intend chaos for the Bills and fans: to make us massively support/hate whatever, so that our FO is pushed into doing stupid. The media will be the tool. I'm not saying our FO are unmitigated morons. Clearly they aren't. But even the most disciplined can be tested when an angry mob comes knocking.

Therefore, I propose the following: rather than all out war on this board for the next year, or longer, it might be wiser for us to have a thread were we try to document potential disinformation against the Bills and our fanbase, then analyze it, from the context of who benefits from it. 

That is what this thread is for, and perhaps, just maybe, we avoid becoming the chaos factory/angry mob: which is disinformation's #1 goal.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

There might be some rumors and gamesmanship, sure. Thankfully I don’t get paid to get worked up about it. See you all at the home opener.

P.s. The soap opera of the offseason isn’t for the GMs to worry about. If our guys have a concrete plan and stick to it, that’s good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Right, the truth is the worst thing ever.

im seeking a redress from my gov. Idiots. Bring it on asscanoes. 

Make more sense or GTFO. Exactly what truth are you talking about? The truth that McCarron was going to the Browns, "for sure"? That truth? 

Your second line makes it look like English is your third language.

7 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

I've been here for more than 19 posts, rookie. 

You missed the grand "It's all Ryan Lindell's fault, and we must destroy him now!" idiot's crusade of 2005, when I was a rookie. That's exactly where we are headed if we aren't careful.

So, rather than being flippant, you might want to listen, and you know, do what we are here for: learn something.

EDIT: but, upon further review, I believe the bulk of followers of the leaders of the Grand Lindell Idiot's Crusade were posters just like you. So, perhaps you need to your lesson on your own? Either way, GTFO out of my thread.

cool-story-bro_o_797354.webp

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, fridge said:

There might be some rumors and gamesmanship, sure. Thankfully I don’t get paid to get worked up about it. See you all at the home opener.

P.s. The soap opera of the offseason isn’t for the GMs to worry about. If our guys have a concrete plan and stick to it, that’s good enough for me.

No might. There will. And when you're reading 4 separate threads, each about a QB "we can trade/could have traded up for"...all based on anonymous "league sources"?

I'm not going to be the one "worked up" . No, the legions of posters in those threads will be. And, for what? Perhaps this thread stems some of that before it even starts.

At the very least, we need to be slightly more skeptical about the media, given the current(but not for much longer) clickbait business model.

18 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

cool-story-bro_o_797354.webp

Yawn. I put this in its own thread for a reason: it's not like I'm stopping you from screaming at anybody who might suggest signing Sammy Watkins,  because, you know, we need a WR. You can do that in every other thread, just not this one.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

29 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

I've been here for more than 19 posts, rookie. 

You missed the grand "It's all Ryan Lindell's fault, and we must destroy him now!" idiot's crusade of 2005, when I was a rookie. That's exactly where we are headed if we aren't careful.

So, rather than being flippant, you might want to listen, and you know, do what we are here for: learn something.

EDIT: but, upon further review, I believe the bulk of followers of the leaders of the Grand Lindell Idiot's Crusade were posters just like you. So, perhaps you need to learn this lesson on your own? Either way, GTFO out of my thread.

Eh... It's Rian Lindell, John Nash...

Your thread is so self involved. 

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Eh... It's Rian Lindell, John Nash...

Your thread is so self involved. 

I will make the correction.

How so? I'm talking about the entire fanbase being assaulted by BS. I'm not talking about my new car, the fact that I got our OC to take a picture of me near it, or the fact that I take time out of my day to talk to janitors at Denny's.

And, if we're playing the correction game? It's "self-involved". 

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Just now, OCinBuffalo said:

I will make the correction.

How so? I'm talking about the entire fanbase being assaulted by BS. I'm not talking about my car, the fact that I got our OC to take a picture of me near it, or the fact that I take time out of my day to talk to Janitor's at Denny's.

And, if we're playing the correction game? It's "self-involved".  

Do you get the John Nash reference? You might want to look that up. Anyways, I'll take your advice, which BTW, is great advice on a message board, and GTFO of your thread. It's self involved because you think their is some grand media conspiracy against not only the Bills, but also to divide the fans. You're using words like war and things of that nature. It's crazy talk. Every team is manipulating the media against each other in this way, it's not just targetted at the Bills and the Bills are also doing it. 

Let me tell you what most of the world doesn't care about, what Bills fans think. They're probably pretty low in terms of what's on NFL Execs and media members minds. 

• Like (+1) 1

Holy thread vomit, Batman.

there is no “enemy.” It’s a football team. That’s it. 

Stop taking this crap so seriously and go outside or something.

i can’t believe someone would write all of that blather...

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, OCinBuffalo said:

I've been here for more than 19 posts, rookie. Now let me tell you how I cook my oats

You missed the grand "It's all Rian Lindell's fault ranting I did throughout the offseason of 2005"

When I was 12 I had my first sexual experience. At the time, I lived in a little suburb outside of Cleveland and anyway, the girl next door and I were really good friends. Our parents were both gone for the day and she was over playing Transformers with me. So anyway, we kinda got.. Bored I guess? And we started playing truth or dare, which turned into 'you show me yours, I'll show you mine". So anyway there I Was, 12 years old, heart pounding, blood rushing in my ears, and the chick (who was a year older than me actually) takes off her panties and hikes her little skirt up. So What did I do, you ask? I whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said "fresh" and there were dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought "naw forget it, yo home to bel-air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie "yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Another fantastic story Bro. 

I fixed some of the factual stuff for you.

Help you keep this wonderfully insightful thread going. 

Keep up the good work.

unnamed.gif

Edited by Ned Kelly
Spelling
  • Haha (+1) 1

Do I need a master degree to be part of this thread. Boy talk about a buzz kill. I like the way things are going on this site and all the good and bad speculation. If we followed your rules this is the only thread we would ever need. Your trying to block Niagra Falls with a rain coat. It’s a pipe dream to think most us are going to stop wanting to read all the different opinions and threads. Also your never going to stop the media from doing what they do. So what the hell is the point of this thread. By the way I had my Sister who has a masters degree watch me type this response. So I could feel like I was allowed to be in this thread. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

1. Other threads are for talking about whether the moves the FO makes in FA good/bad, not this one.

2. Other threads are for talking about whether we should do this/that in the draft, not this one.

3. There's a lot to be excited about, unless you really liked Tyrod, or really hate (insert FA QB we sign here)and that's all fine, but,  not in this thread.

What is this thread about then, since I've just taken 90% of the current front page out of its scope?(And yeah, the joke is: "Nothing!." :rolleyes: Or, "This thread is irrelevant." No it isn't. You'll see.)

We can all agree we have a plethora of options now, due to the draft picks and extra cap space. However, everybody in the entire NFL, would also agree. Thus, our "wealth" is as much of a boon as it is a problem. Everybody is going to be pitching everything at the Bills, and us as the fans, and the sheer noise of the # of offers, will make finding the good ones much harder. Not only will they be pitching us BS, more importantly, they will be pitching BS about and around us. And of course, since we've got so much, we're more inclined to listen. We must not be.

Thus the title of the thread: disinformation is now our biggest enemy.  Easy example: our FO plan is to package a #1,  a #2, and our new #3 to move up to spot X and take player Y. Then, we hear that another team, who is currently ~10 draft picks closer to spot X, wants to trade up to X. Now, do we add even more value to get there? Or pass? What happens when it is leaked? Answer: emotional outbursts, as designed, and now "we could have/have had player Y if only we threw in our #4 :wallbash: ", becomes a 10 page thread, when we have no idea if that is true, and probably never will. :rolleyes: Remember the Saints pathetic attempt to blame us for not trading them Marshawn Lynch, after he and the Seahawks beat them in the playoffs a few years ago?

What we "hear/heard" about another other team's plans:

1. Could be from that team BSing because they want a different trade to happen instead, and have no actual intention of executing their plan to get to spot X.

2. Could be from another team who is behind us in the Day 2 rounds, wanting to draft a guy who we won't, if we are forced to use extra resources

3. Could be a player's agent, or more than one of them, who see an angle to increase player(s) "value"/ensuring that we pass, so that said player(s) go(es) elsewhere.

4. Is coming from Jerry Jones, because, he can't miss a chance to be part of this Bills story-->we are now the biggest story, Jerry has to part of the biggest story. So, does Woody Johnson, Jets and Dan Snyder, Redskins. Hey, I'm not saying any of it makes sense, I'm merely directing you to: history. These guys have a long history of treating headlines and buzz >>> getting good players for their team. We are now the #1 team to watch, like it, or not, and they will be.

You get the idea.  Remember: in the Buddy Nix era WE were the masters of disinformation, which is how we got Cordy Glenn in the 2nd, as a starting LT, not a G. But, we had to be, we had a lot less to work with, just like the other teams in 2018 have a lot less than we do.

The media hasn't had a very good track record, for 2 years running now,  of getting stories right, in anything, including sports. Example: "McCarron to the Browns, lock it up!" No, "Tyrod to the Browns, you media hack." Ask: who benefited from the McCarron story? ALL media, because it means clicks, but certainly McCarron's agent, and the Bengals did. Media will write what they are told, or else they risk losing access to their team's FO, their agent sources, or the NFL as a whole. And, why not, if it, again, means clicks?

That's exactly what every Bills fan faces now. A huge, due to our huge 2018 resources, disinformation campaign, unlike we have ever seen. They intend chaos for the Bills and fans: to make us massively support/hate whatever, so that our FO is pushed into doing stupid. The media will be the tool. I'm not saying our FO are unmitigated morons. Clearly they aren't. But even the most disciplined can be tested when an angry mob comes knocking.

Therefore, I propose the following: rather than all out war on this board for the next year, or longer, it might be wiser for us to have a thread were we try to document potential disinformation against the Bills and our fanbase, then analyze it, from the context of who benefits from it. 

That is what this thread is for, and perhaps, just maybe, we avoid becoming the chaos factory/angry mob: which is disinformation's #1 goal.

What a long thread to say you don’t want people talking about what the Bills should do so the decisions they do make don’t get picked up by other teams?