Bills signings & TT trade point to trade up

11 hours ago, Lfod said:

The Bills are trading to #1 and it's already locked in with the browns and yes we are paying a crazy sum. I don't know how much or what it is.

The reason is the Browns understand they suck so it's better to just take a QB at 4 have even more ammo to build a team this year. They also know Giants are going to not go QB and potentially could scoop our picks for #2. That gave us a little better leverage. They also know a better QB might be at 4 because of that. Both teams love are picks. We can actually trade with either team but the Browns won.

I will not reveal my sources!!! All kidding aside that would be cool man if it was real. Or is it???!?!! :Ninja: 

IMG_0031.JPG

lol 

Edited by BillsFan4

I really don't read into the signings all that much at this point.  Chris Ivory is simply a backup at a position where we obviously don't need a starter.  Odighizuha did virtually nothing for the Giants and the Bills definitively need another starter opposite Hughes now that Lawson is gone, unless someone strongly believes that Yarbrough is good enough to start.  Vontae Davis is a legitimate starter if he can stay healthy.  None the less, they get REALLY thin at that position after those two with no names like Pitts and Borders.  Guys that I don't know if I've even seen them take the field.

They haven't done nearly enough in free agency for me to read the tea leaves and suggest a move up is eminent.  There's still a lot of holes to fill and many positions where they could use a serious upgrade, even after what they've done so far in free agency.

46 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

IMG_0031.JPG

lol 

Well people got me pumped up reading about it so I started dreaming about it and it hurt my feelings as well. I would love if the Browns we're actually scared of the first round pick they have. The idea that they might realize that even if they take a QB at #1 the team is so bad that even the best QB will bust unless...

Flip the switch. If you trade that #1 and the Giants really don't go QB in the draft you are still very good at #4 pick loaded with even more ammo. Build up around #1 with all the ammo they have or... build up around #4 with even more to build around him this year and the next. That might be the mindset when they announced being open to trade. 

It's basically giving up first choice at QB in the draft and getting paid large. It might be something I would do if I still had #4 pick. 

I hope that's the Browns plan. I don't know about draft pick value well but I hope ours being right next to each other in the first round might be interesting to the Browns along with whatever the Bills could scrape up to make it a done deal.

Edited by Lfod

57 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Rosen AND Bust might be a talking point in a couple of years. He can't avoid the rush and already has two concussions(that we know of)How many more until he's done ? Not saying he's a bust but hate to trade the farm for him

Yeah always sucks getting the best QB in draft

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

Well people got me pumped up reading about it so I started dreaming about it and it hurt my feelings as well. I would love if the Browns we're actually scared of the first round pick they have. The idea that they might realize that even if they take a QB at #1 the team is so bad that even the best QB will bust unless...

Flip the switch. If you trade that #1 and the Giants really don't go QB in the draft you are still very good at #4 pick loaded with even more ammo. Build up around #1 with all the ammo they have or... build up around #4 with even more to build around him this year and the next. That might be the mindset when they announced being open to trade. 

I hope that's the Browns plan. I don't know about draft pick value well but I hope them being right next to each other in the first round might be interesting to them along with whatever the Bills could scrape up to make it a done deal.

I am all hyped up over a trade up too. I want it to happen so bad, and so many people seem convinced that it'll happen. At this point I'll be pretty disappointed if it doesn't happen. But I also know that it is far from a sure thing. I don't even know if there's a 50/50 chance, to be honest. I'd like to think there is but I have no clue. Beane has played his cards pretty close to the vest. 

Honestly, It feels kinda strange to be so firmly for trading up to the top of this draft for a QB.

Historically, I have been against it. I've argued with numerous people over the years, saying how teams trading to the top of the draft for a QB have basically always lost out in the deal (outside of Vick, and now Wentz, and Goff (possibly)). 

But now I am all for it. Feels a little strange... lol.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I really didn't have much of any faith left in Doug Whaley to find the Bills a QB. I didn't really like the things he seemed to prioritize at the QB position (big and mobile with zero concern for, or emphasis on, accuracy or pocket presence, reading defenses, throwing with anticipation etc). 

We dont don't know that Beane will be any better, but I guess since he's new there's still that hope... lol. 

I like what he's shown so far. He's hired a killer front office/scouting/personnel staff, and seems to be very methodical and calculated in his approach. 

And if the Peterman pick is any indication of what they prioritize in their QBs (accuracy, anticipation, ability to read defensive coverages and go through progressions etc) I like our chances much better than I did under Whaley. 

I don't think it indicates a trade up. - the DE signed more likely won't make the team ,CB is to replace Gaines and the RB 

could have been one of many RB that were available.  The real holes are DL and LB plus a backup S . Plus WR and G-T 

in addition to QB .none have been addressed yet.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bills either have a deal in place to trade up or they have a deal in place for Foles. They wouldn't make this Tyrod trade without certainty around the QB position for 2018

I love it!!!!!

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bills either have a deal in place to trade up or they have a deal in place for Foles. They wouldn't make this Tyrod trade without certainty around the QB position for 2018

....and what if he just DID not fit their plan period despite public comments?.......quite a leap to think one knows what McBeane is thinking.....BTW, where is the FIRE MCBEANE..FIRE MCD NOW gang when we need 'em?......

32 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

What do you suggest then?

Trading up for Mayfield or Rosen.

Foles without the Eagles' coaching staff has been JAG.  Joe Flacco had one hot playoff run to a SB and then has been nothing much.  I'm not at all sold on Foles.  I'd rather get into the bidding for Cousins than trade for Foles, but what we ought to do is option #1 listed above.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Trading up for Mayfield or Rosen.

Foles without the Eagles' coaching staff has been JAG.  Joe Flacco had one hot playoff run to a SB and then has been nothing much.  I'm not at all sold on Foles.  I'd rather get into the bidding for Cousins than trade for Foles, but what we ought to do is option #1 listed above.

I’m all in for that scenario, but I was answering the posters reply.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

What do you suggest then?

Rosen or one of these 2 = Darnold/Mayfield

I'm still pissed about no Trubisky or Mahomes; grow some stones and go get your guy

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have to agree. They wouldn't move in from Taylor unless they were fairly confident his replacement is coming here. 

Trust the process! Also I think bean alluded to not making a move until there was a better alternative...