Mason Rudolph

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

I could be wrong. I just don't see how Paxton Lynch could be considered a better prospect than White or how Teddy Bridewater could be considered a better prospect than Rudolph. 

QBs get overdrafted as you already know. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

QBs get overdrafted as you already know. 

Very true. I think ideally White and Rudolph would be round 3 or 4 prospects, but they will probably go in round 2. 

Even the top guys though don't really deserve to be picked in the top ten. They all have pretty big holes in their game. 

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

Very true. I think ideally White and Rudolph would be round 3 or 4 prospects, but they will probably go in round 2. 

Even the top guys though don't really deserve to be picked in the top ten. They all have pretty big holes in their game. 

None of them are without question marks for sure, but there is a lot to like.  Rosen and Mayfield I think can be effective starters this season while Darnold, Allen, and Jackson need seasoning. 

On 3/2/2018 at 8:56 PM, NewDayBills said:

I like him. I'd go as far to say that under the right scenario I'd take him at 21. I understand he is slotted as a RD2 guy, but I think he can be a good pro.

We might even be able to trade back with the 2nd first rounder and stay in the first and pick up an extra 2nd and 4th

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

We might even be able to trade back with the 2nd first rounder and stay in the first and pick up an extra 2nd and 4th

I'm right there with ya buddy, just stockpile as many picks as possible, hopefully stockpile picks for 2019 too. We are not just one piece away, we need as many picks as possible.

45 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think the bigger problem is the Bills don't draft enough QBs. 

They picked a 1st round QB in the weakest overall draft class I have ever seen. EJ Manuel would probably be the 11th ranked QB in this class. They used a 5th round pick on Peterman who is more of a developmental backup. They reached on Cardale Jones in the 5th round who had huge accuracy issues. Then you probably have to go all the way back to Trent Edwards for the last QB drafted. All of the second round prospects have a chance to become franchise QBs, this is a great draft to need a QB. Rudolph, Jackson, and White would be first round QB prospects in a lot of drafts, it is just a really deep class this year. 

So I would like to see your crystal ball as to how this draft class ends up? Your Assuming sir.

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Hard to see his draft stock increasing after today. He seemed to prove himself to be a 4th or so round prospect.

The guys that stood out IMO were:

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

Baker Mayfield

Kyle Lauletta

Mike White

I still have faith in Lamar, but it was a mixed bag for him today.

The rest looked pretty poor IMO.

I thought Rudolph did fine. Jackson and Rosen were the loser IMO. 

21 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Fair enough that you don’t believe his skill set translates to the NFL. But consider some of the previous of Unitas award winners:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Carson Palmer

3. Eli Manning

4. Matt Ryan

5. Andrew Luck

6. Deshaun Watson

So it’s no guarantee at all, but to dismiss it out of hand seems myopic as well.

Same as was said during the Combine broadcast about 2 Heisman winners in the QB group. Winning the Heisman means nothing towards NFL success.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

sure, sure, but what would you say about Brandon Weedon, Blaine Gabbert, or Brock Osweiler?

I didn't have any of those guys graded in the same league as White and Rudolph. 

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Same as was said during the Combine broadcast about 2 Heisman winners in the QB group. Winning the Heisman means nothing towards NFL success.

As my issue with a previous response, IMHO it’s not that these awards mean “nothing” it’s that winning the award - as with the Heisman - does not necessarily indicate an NFL ability. However, to dismiss the award as “nothing” would also dismiss collegiate accomplishments, that *could* be indicative of larger ability. 

In other words, it does not an NFL ready QB make, but it CAN point to real potential. It’s just one small part of the larger resume and I posted that in response to someone who said he wasn’t a capable QB.

8 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So I would like to see your crystal ball as to how this draft class ends up? Your Assuming sir.

I wish I had one, I am wrong all of the time. I do think we have the right staff in place to find our franchise guy this year. Whether is is a trade up, picking at 21, or picking in the second round. I just believe we are targeting a guy in the second round and a veteran free agent.  

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Found this on Mason Rudolph, apologies if it's already been posted

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000919133/MJD-s-Top-5-QB-Performances-at-the-2018-NFL-Combine

Don't like Mariucci as well as Gruden, of course it's a shorter clip.  But Rudolph certainly "got" his play

If you watch this video, how does someone NOT come away thinking he has all the makings of a franchise QB when coupled with his resume?? Manning, Brady and others came out not having a “cannon” and they’ve done quite well. Mason Rudolph in the right system is a top 10 QB in the NFL. I’ll own my crow in 2 years if he isn’t....fine by me because I believe he can be that good. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let me say this, Mason Rudolph fits the plan. should be available at 22, the remainder of draft picks can be used to trade down and add more picks.

Also, like it or not Nathan Petermen would most likely win the starting job , if he plays poorly Rudolph can give it a shot.

If I was to make a guess, Mason Rudolph is the likely path

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Let me say this, Mason Rudolph fits the plan. should be available at 22, the remainder of draft picks can be used to trade down and add more picks.

Also, like it or not Nathan Petermen would most likely win the starting job , if he plays poorly Rudolph can give it a shot.

If I was to make a guess, Mason Rudolph is the likely path

I just don't "get" the incessant Peterman love.  If the Bills plans involve non-doomsday scenarios where Peterman is penciled in as the starter, that's a "plan where you lose your hat".

And any plan where you lose your hat is....a Bad Plan.

14 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

That would be Richy Incognito, if he is not waived...lol

We would be faceless

That was a snarky ref to people posting about how they just can't see Lamar Jackson as the "Face of the Franchise" for the Bills.

It isn't a QB's face that interests me.