Schefter: Rams Trading Robert Quinn to the Dolphins

Just now, whatdrought said:

I'm not sure how Miami is still convinced that adding aged vets is the way to build a good team. 

Although Quinn is a good get, this just seems to be their MO lately and it has not worked for them. 

That's Tannenbaum's thing. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

#Dolphins DL cap hits for 2018: Suh - $26.1M Quinn - $11.4M Branch - $10M Wake - $8.6M $56.1M is 31.8% of a $176M salary cap. That's a big chunk, but with the cap rising around $8-10M each year, teams can fit more big contracts on their books.

That's an awful lot invested in the DL. IMHO that doesn't work for the betterment of the squad. Plus if that is the level of spending they better be pretty damn dominating, and that hasn't shown up.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's Tannenbaum's thing. 

I deleted that post cause I quickly saw that Quinn is only 27 and I had judged unfairly. Though, It does seem like their plan is to build through older guys. Quinn is past his prime, but still a good player.

This makes me think that Suh will be on the way out. 

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

That's an awful lot invested in the DL. IMHO that doesn't work for the betterment of the squad. Plus if that is the level of spending they better be pretty damn dominating, and that hasn't shown up.

TallyWhaker is another good chunk of cap space as well....

Just now, horned dogs said:

Hard to see any of those guys as worth those $$. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If it is for a Mid Round pick then this is a good upgrade for Fins. 

Mid round pick given up for a Cam Wake replacement. 

Mid round could be 3-5. I think a 4 a lower is a good deal, a 3 is a bit high. 

The thing that's worrysome (as a dolphins fan) is that Quinn has slowed down quite a bit while the rest of the D has improved and Donald has become the best defensive player in the NFL. It will be interesting to see if he is able to have a renaissance.