Schefter: Rams Trading Robert Quinn to the Dolphins

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I deleted that post cause I quickly saw that Quinn is only 27 and I had judged unfairly. Though, It does seem like their plan is to build through older guys. Quinn is past his prime, but still a good player.

This makes me think that Suh will be on the way out. 

Past his prime at 27?. Hes a solid rusher and if it was us that got him ppl on here would be going nuts. 

But they have a lot of money in that dline now just like we did

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Hate that it is to a division rival and hate it even more that it was only for a mid-round pick. Like the cap hit for the dolphins (which is why it is a mid rounder). Glad they dont have a Jim Schwartz like DC.

Is Quinn at his age worth a 3M more cap hit than Wake???  I say yep so they upgrade and only add 3M once they release Wake. 

27 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

#Dolphins DL cap hits for 2018: Suh - $26.1M Quinn - $11.4M Branch - $10M Wake - $8.6M $56.1M is 31.8% of a $176M salary cap. That's a big chunk, but with the cap rising around $8-10M each year, teams can fit more big contracts on their books.

...this is pretty interesting......BUT....no thanks in Bflo isf it did happen.....McD wants character guys and NOT characterless slugs........

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have not ruled out designating Ndamukong Suh a post-June 1 release.

Plugged-in reporter Armando Salguero considers this the "most likely" scenario if the Dolphins decide to move on. It's actually possible one of the league's many cap-flush teams takes the trade bait on Suh, which would create $3.9 million in space for the Dolphins. Designating him a post-June 1 cut would free up $17 million. Now 31, Suh remained one of the league's best defensive players in 2017 but carries an absurd $26.1 million cap number, the third-highest in football. Feb 22 - 3:26 PM
Source: Miami Herald

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It is unreal how fast you are with this...:beer:

I can't wait to see a "Bills have traded into the top of the draft" or "Tyrod Taylor has been traded" post by 26.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Suh is on his way out like some are saying this seems like a lateral move. 

If Suh and Wake are gone. They’ve gotten worse, not better. 

Of course thats if they don’t make another move on top of those. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

If Suh is on his way out like some are saying this seems like a lateral move. 

If Suh and Wake are gone. They e gotten worse, not better. 

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "confidants of [Dolphins owner] Stephen Ross" informed him that Ross "was ready to move on" from DT Ndamukong Suh.

Feb 14 - 1:42 PM
Source: CBS Sports