Spotrac List of Potential Cap Casualties

MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

Cordy Glenn is gone.  I can't see any reason for keeping him.  And his contract and cap money are ridiculous.

So you want to save only 3 million and have 11 million of dead cap space?  With all that dead $, he's better off on the team.  End of discussion

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He missed 2 games at the beginning of 2016 and the final 3 games; in between, he started 10 consecutive games.

He's hardly been the injury-plagued type over his career, and the rush to jettison a guy that's proved himself a very good player at an important position boggles my mind.

Hmm, OK.

If Glenn is so consistent and valuable, what in your opinion should the Bills expect to receive for him in trade if he were to be traded?

Note:  looking for an answer in 2018 draft picks. 

53 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So because he had one season where he missed more time than he played, he's constantly injured?

That's poor analysis IMO.

Glenn played in 25% of the team's offensive snaps in 2017.  How about since he was drafted?

2012 - 79.43%

2013 - 100%

2014 - 98.49%

2015 - 98.51% (this was after having a kidney removed by the way)

2016 - 61.75%

Constantly out of the lineup?  No.  Coming off of an injury-plagued season for the first time in his career?  Yes.

I'm glad someone posted facts. The number of games/snaps played are similar to Eric Wood. Wood's first 3 seasons he played 10, 14 and 9 games then all 16 for the next 3 seasons, 9 in '16 and all 16 in '17. With such a big cap hit even if they trade or release Glenn they are much better off working to get him healthy and retaining him and playing him at either RT or RG. Dawkins, Incognito, Groy, Glenn and 1 more would be a good line. 

53 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Not just 1, back-to-back injury-plagued seasons.  62% play time is not something you can call consistent, and at a position like starting LT you really need some consistency.  1 injury plagued season might just be an anomaly, but back-to-back starts to show a bad trend that you might not want to rely on.

It depends upon why.  Wasn't his 2016 injury the same high-ankle-sprain?  Probably grade 3 (torn ligaments), they tried to manage it conservatively with recovery and strengthening, and that didn't work, so this year he got the knife.  If it works, could be good to go.

I think y'all need to look at the difference between a guy's cap number if he stays and his dead cap hit if he goes.  For Glenn, that is $5M.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

Since Mills and Ducasse are generally on the field and Glenn isn't, I keep the other two.

By the way, which "game" this season did you see Glenn perform so well in?

Every one he played in he performed well.

He has no long-term history of being hurt.

The small cap savings due to dead cap left over if cut/traded will be eaten up by the marginal avg player with less talent then Glenn has that they would sign to replace him. Do you want a guy worse than Ducasse or Mills replacing an All Pro LT who could play guard or RT and actually make the Bills O line good. And not fake good like some reports are suggesting they were last year. They stunk last year overall by any game play eye test measure.(McCoy had career low ypc, TT sacked a lot)Anyone who does not believe that just needs to watch the moves the Bills FO will make to improve the line to understand they also see it the same way.

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Someone please tell me what OT's never get injured.  I think you'd be hard pressed to fine an OT who's performed as well as Glenn with a better injury report card.  He's had ONE bad season of injuries.  One in 6 seasons.

If he's healthy, you keep him.  If he's not healthy, he's not tradeable anyway.

53 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

Hmm, OK.

If Glenn is so consistent and valuable, what in your opinion should the Bills expect to receive for him in trade if he were to be traded?

Note:  looking for an answer in 2018 draft picks. 

I wouldn't expect to receive much more than the 2018 3rd and 2019 2nd that Seattle gave up for Duane Brown

24 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

BUZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Wrong answer....

Next contestant.

Um, what?

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

Every one he played in he performed well.

He has no long-term history of being hurt.

The small cap savings due to dead cap left over if cut/traded will be eaten up by the marginal avg player with less talent then Glenn has that they would sign to replace him. Do you want a guy worse than Ducasse or Mills replacing an All Pro LT who could play guard or RT and actually make the Bills O line good. And not fake good like some reports are suggesting they were last year. They stunk last year overall by any game play eye test measure.(McCoy had career low ypc, TT sacked a lot)Anyone who does not believe that just needs to watch the moves the Bills FO will make to improve the line to understand they also see it the same way.

o  Nonsense.  I'm calling B.S..

He had possibly the worst game of his career against the Jets.  He and InCog were both brutal.

He has been more hurt that healthy for 2 seasons now.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I wouldn't expect to receive much more than the 2018 3rd and 2019 2nd that Seattle gave up for Duane Brown

OK.  Fair enough.  Let's see what happens.

Thx

7 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Cordy Glenn is gone.  I can't see any reason for keeping him.  And his contract and cap money are ridiculous.

You do realize how much that will impact the cap figure right?  

Dead money.    Cap hit 

($19,600,000). $14,450,000

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You do realize how much that will impact the cap figure right?  

Dead money.    Cap hit 

($19,600,000). $14,450,000

Just an FYI for Cordy's contract notes.

The 19.6 includes the highlighted below.

Contract Notes:

• $36M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2016 salary, 2017 salary)
  • $1.5M of his 2018 salary fully guarantees on 3/11/2017
  • $6.5M of his 2018 salary fully guarantees on 3/16/2018
  • 2017 Roster Bonus: $2M (due 3/13/2017)
  • 2018 Roster Bonus: $2M (due the 3/18/2018)
  • 2019 Roster Bonus: $2M (due the 5th league day of 2019)
  • Thank you (+1) 1