Jump to content

Spotrac List of Potential Cap Casualties


MrEpsYtown
 Share

Recommended Posts

http://www.spotrac.com/research/NFL/100-potential-2018-nfl-cap-casualties-714/

 

I thought this was a pretty good resource to see some of the names we could expect to be released over the next few months. With Beane possibly playing the comp pick game, these names could be possible targets if cut. Some names on the list have already been cut. There are a number of names on this list that likely will not get cut, but it is still really interesting to look at the dead money cap implications in one place. I'm still holding out hope for Robert Quinn at some point this offseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Socal-805 said:

 

 

Cordy Glenn is gone.  I can't see any reason for keeping him.  And his contract and cap money are ridiculous.

 

 

 

Agreed. Looking at the numbers, I think an early off season trade makes the most sense. I think he will have trade value for a team like the Giants or Colts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

 Not if cutting one frees up cap space for peoples mock offseasons 

 

The team can save just as much by cutting both Mills and Ducasse.  I think some folks need to ask themselves: would you rather have Glenn, or the combination of Mills and Ducasse?

 

If the answer isn't readily apparent, then those folks are watching a different game than I am

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

The team can save just as much by cutting both Mills and Ducasse.  I think some folks need to ask themselves: would you rather have Glenn, or the combination of Mills and Ducasse?

 

If the answer isn't readily apparent, then those folks are watching a different game than I am

 

We've had this discussion before bandit, but I'd release or trade Richie, move Glenn to LG (again going on college production and some projections coming out) and either sign Ja'Wuan James for the RT position or Draft one....keep Miller, I think he rebounds nicely in Daboll's scheme. However, I would also sign Bodine and probably Draft a C / RG hybrid to be able to move around.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

 

We've had this discussion before bandit, but I'd release or trade Richie, move Glenn to LG (again going on college production and some projections coming out) and either sign Ja'Wuan James for the RT position or Draft one....keep Miller, I think he rebounds nicely in Daboll's scheme. However, I would also sign Bodine and probably Draft a C / RG hybrid to be able to move around.

 

 

I'd be way happier going with Dawkins/Glenn at tackle and signing Joe Hawley to compete at the interior spots.  I'd keep Miller and Mills and let Ducasse go.

 

At some point on day 3 you can draft another interior guy to compete for the RG and interior swing spot.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

I'd be way happier going with Dawkins/Glenn at tackle and signing Joe Hawley to compete at the interior spots.  I'd keep Miller and Mills and let Ducasse go.

 

At some point on day 3 you can draft another interior guy to compete for the RG and interior swing spot.

 

I suppose this is potatoes vs. pot"aw"toes....but, regardless, keeping Glenn is more favorable to helping a young QB...and in other threads, I've been a proponent of trading Shady and taking his replacement in the Draft, that would save some money....

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

Agreed. Looking at the numbers, I think an early off season trade makes the most sense. I think he will have trade value for a team like the Giants or Colts. 

 

if someone trades for him it means he's healthy. i think if he's healthy we need to keep him unless the offer is excellent

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

 

I suppose this is potatoes vs. pot"aw"toes....but, regardless, keeping Glenn is more favorable to helping a young QB...and in other threads, I've been a proponent of trading Shady and taking his replacement in the Draft, that would save some money....

Shady is just to valuable , he still plays at an all world level. Has rare agility and vision and is as dangerous a RB can be in the pass game. He's the heart of the offense , extremely high football I.q. no chance Shady goes anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

The team can save just as much by cutting both Mills and Ducasse.  I think some folks need to ask themselves: would you rather have Glenn, or the combination of Mills and Ducasse?

 

If the answer isn't readily apparent, then those folks are watching a different game than I am

 

Since Mills and Ducasse are generally on the field and Glenn isn't, I keep the other two.

 

By the way, which "game" this season did you see Glenn perform so well in?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

 

and not if one of them (Glenn) is constantly on the bench /sidelines hurt ...

 

Define constantly on the bench...up until last season he played in 90% of the team's games for his career.

1 minute ago, Socal-805 said:

 

Since Mills and Ducasse are generally on the field and Glenn isn't, I keep the other two.

 

By the way, which "game" this season did you see Glenn perform so well in?

 

 

 

Miller missed more games as a rookie than Glenn did in his first 4 seasons in the NFL, so that's a horrible assessment of their respective availability.

 

As to Glenn's performance last year, 3 of the team's 5 best rushing performances came with him in the lineup...and the other two were the LAC game (where they were able to run the ball once down by 5 scores) and the Indy game where passing was impossible.

 

Maybe it's worth considering if your opinion holds water before you throw stones?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Define constantly on the bench...up until last season he played in 90% of the team's games for his career.

 

Constantly - continuously over a period of time; always.

 

and... for 2016 and 2017 he started - 16 games, which is actually less then 50 %.

 

How many of those games did he come out of??

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

 

Constantly - continuously over a period of time; always.

 

and... for 2016 and 2017 he started - 16 games, which is actually less then 50 %.

 

How many of those games did he come out of??

 

 

 

So because he had one season where he missed more time than he played, he's constantly injured?

 

That's poor analysis IMO.

 

Glenn played in 25% of the team's offensive snaps in 2017.  How about since he was drafted?

 

2012 - 79.43%

2013 - 100%

2014 - 98.49%

2015 - 98.51% (this was after having a kidney removed by the way)

2016 - 61.75%

 

Constantly out of the lineup?  No.  Coming off of an injury-plagued season for the first time in his career?  Yes.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

So because he had one season where he missed more time than he played, he's constantly injured?

 

That's poor analysis IMO.

 

Glenn played in 25% of the team's offensive snaps in 2017.  How about since he was drafted?

 

2012 - 79.43%

2013 - 100%

2014 - 98.49%

2015 - 98.51% (this was after having a kidney removed by the way)

2016 - 61.75%

 

Constantly out of the lineup?  No.  Coming off of an injury-plagued season for the first time in his career?  Yes.

Not just 1, back-to-back injury-plagued seasons.  62% play time is not something you can call consistent, and at a position like starting LT you really need some consistency.  1 injury plagued season might just be an anomaly, but back-to-back starts to show a bad trend that you might not want to rely on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Not just 1, back-to-back injury-plagued seasons.  62% play time is not something you can call consistent, and at a position like starting LT you really need some consistency.  1 injury plagued season might just be an anomaly, but back-to-back starts to show a bad trend that you might not want to rely on.

 

He missed 2 games at the beginning of 2016 and the final 3 games; in between, he started 10 consecutive games.

 

He's hardly been the injury-plagued type over his career, and the rush to jettison a guy that's proved himself a very good player at an important position boggles my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

 

if someone trades for him it means he's healthy. i think if he's healthy we need to keep him unless the offer is excellent

 

While I agree, I do think we are in a good position to use him to trade up for a franchise quarterback. I like Glenn, but if he could help us jump up the draft board we need to do it. The Giants Broncos, and Colts have huge needs along the offensive line. A franchise quarterback trumps all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...