Gunner's 2018 Mock Draft UPDATED - Final version on Page 6

GunnerBill

Gunner, Great job and very plausible. I still strongly disagree with you regarding what the Giants will do that will influence our draft. It makes no sense for them  not to draft Rosen. Even if they stick with Eli for another year it is more unlikely than likely that they wouldin the future be in a position to draft such a highly rated prospect. If Rosen and Darnold are off the board will the Bills trade up with the Colts to draft Mayfield? I would but not sure they would for Mayfield. 

If the Bills can't work out a deal I see them staying pat and drafting Rudolph with one of their first round picks. That wouldn't be a bad fallback position because they would be able to address some other needs. As you projected Rudolph going to Pittsburgh does make a lot of sense. Smart teams organizations make arrangements to replace a qb before they are in a dire need. 

Again, great job. Very thought provoking draft. 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rosen question for anyone, who is the last prospect that threw the ball as well as him? Stafford maybe? I think that he is a more natural thrower than Luck. Rosen has some questions with health and his quirky (outspoken) personality but as a passer he is elite IMO.

He reminds me of Marino with his natural and beautiful throwing motion. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I always use “quirky” so that it doesn’t stem off into a PPP thread. He’s a bright guy.

I know I couldn't resist a little tongue in cheek response though.  I quite like his personality from what I have read but there is no way you and I can get as much sense as to what he is really like compared to teams.  Beyond how does he behave on the field and in pressure situations does he appear to lead and be in control I am not sure fans as removed from things as us can really get a sense for the person themselves.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I know I couldn't resist a little tongue in cheek response though.  I quite like his personality from what I have read but there is no way you and I can get as much sense as to what he is really like compared to teams.  Beyond how does he behave on the field and in pressure situations does he appear to lead and be in control I am not sure fans as removed from things as us can really get a sense for the person themselves.  

As others have mentioned, we have his LT from 2015-2016 on the team so that will be good insight 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Rosen has been my guy since before the last draft so you know I’m good with it. He has a high floor and high ceiling IMO. If you are making that investment in a guy you have to make sure that they are “bust-proof.” Rosen is that to me. His downside is a solid NFL starter.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Rosen has been my guy since before the last draft so you know I’m good with it. He has a high floor and high ceiling IMO. If you are making that investment in a guy you have to make sure that they are “bust-proof.” Rosen is that to me. His downside is a solid NFL starter.

You think he's a plug and play guy as a rookie or sitting a year would be good?

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I just can't understand why we would trade up for a QB that already has a concussion history plus a nerve issue in his elbow and problems with his shoulder . Rosen is damaged goods . HOW DO PEOPLE NOT SEE THIS?

Then the combine will point all this out wont it?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Plug and play (Baker too)...it will be telling to me as to the vet that they add prior. If they keep Tyrod or get a Bradford I would think that indicates that they may not think that Baker or Rosen is likely. Allen & Jackson need a full year IMO and Darnold and Rudolph half a year. If the Bills get a vet like Fitz, or Moore, or Anderson it will indicate that they think they can get a guy ready to play day 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I know you addressed this to Kirby but I'll give you my unsolicited opinion: The answer is yes. He not only knows the playbook but also the concepts. Trent Dilfer ran an elite qb summer camp. It is a tough camp with highly competitive players. He has stated that Rosen had a better grasp of the playbook and concepts than any other player has exhibited. He said that the student qb showed him things that he didn't know. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Plug and play (Baker too)...it will be telling to me as to the vet that they add prior. If they keep Tyrod or get a Bradford I would think that indicates that they may not think that Baker or Rosen is likely. Allen & Jackson need a full year IMO and Darnold and Rudolph half a year. If the Bills get a vet like Fitz, or Moore, or Anderson it will indicate that they think they can get a guy ready to play day 1. 

I actually thought about this over the weekend.  Is Fitz a real possibility to come back?  

I wonder if he'll have to give Joe Webb $20,000 to get his #14 back?

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Am I the only one who sees a hitch in Rosen’s throwing motion?  He pats the ball before throwing it.

I did.  John Elway used to do the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I actually thought about this over the weekend.  Is Fitz a real possibility to come back?  

He makes some sense to me (assuming Rosen is the plan). He’s a heady vet that can play for a few weeks if necessary. I just wouldn’t want him to play a whole season. 

He would probably have to buy that jersey from Webb. Ha ha, he can afford it. On a side note did you know that he went to Harvard?!?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I did.  John Elway used to do the same thing.

Take it fwiw but someone posted on twitter that he heard from someone close to Fitz that he  (or his agent) had talked with McBeane about returning in a backup role. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

3. TRADE! Bills - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (Bills get #3 & 6th Rounder; Colts get #21, #22, #53, 2018 4th rounder and 2019 2nd rounder)

There are two teams in this draft publicly making noises about being aggressive at QB. The first of those, the Buffalo Bills, swing and swing big to take a shot on Josh Rosen. They are clearly ready to move on from Tyrod Taylor and hope to finally end 22 years of searching for the heir to Jim Kelly.

That is just too much imo.   

Beane said he won't over pay    -     #1 and #53   (since we have or should have 2 one's and 2 two's)

Ask Frank for a home town discount    j/k 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That is just too much imo.   

Beane said he won't over pay    -     #1 and #53   (since we have or should have 2 one's and 2 two's)

Ask Frank for a home town discount    j/k 

That’s a realistic look at what it will cost based on the updated draft value chart.