McCoy for Foles.

Tipster19

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Alex Smith got $71M guaranteed. That’s the same ballpark and will get closer if Foles plays well (which would make him more deserving). FWIW, if he gets 4 years $60M guaranteed and is there 2-3 years it is $100M. The guaranteed money only matters when you get out of the deal. The guaranteed money combined with the actual earnings while he is there is the number. The guaranteed is the minimum and the total is the maximum. The actual falls somewhere in between. 

I'm sorry, I think he'll get closer to $40M.

27 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You're overestimating the QB market. Foles isn't a franchise QB in the eyes of most NFL GM's.

The market has moved and isn’t slowing down. It will depend on how he plays this year for sure but that’s the market. Garropolo got $74M guaranteed and they basically have an out after year 2. They will pay about $62M over the 1st 2 years. We will see I guess but that’s the new norm.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The market has moved and isn’t slowing down. It will depend on how he plays this year for sure but that’s the market. Garropolo got $74M guaranteed and they basically have an out after year 2. They will pay about $62M over the 1st 2 years. We will see I guess but that’s the new norm.

Garrapolo isn't Foles.  It's not apples to apples.

3 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

I cant argue with you this year but if you think that Alex Smith, before this year, was anything more than an average qb your standards are low. Im over settling for mediocrity I want our next Kelly, Elway, Montana, Brees and I don't think we should stop until we find that guy. I don't think Foles, smith, keenum, or Bradford are anything more than average QB's at best. Im done with those type of players at the qb position. Give me average DT or CB's instead of drafting them high and do what you need to in order to get a legit franchise qb

What are you talking about?  Kelly, Elway, Montana, Brees aren't walking through OBD's door.   Where is your "legit franchise QB" right now?

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Do you want to know what is worse than this retread nonsense? Having Tyrod Taylor as your starting qb next year. Are you going to keep boosting him when he is let go? Did you not watch the playoff game in which we scored three points? 

You and others are distorting the issue. If I could get Foles for a one year or two year deal I would not be adverse to it. If after one year he departs then so what? You still have the ability to take your high end prospect this year and you have given him an opportunity to be acclimated. That's what basically happened in the Goff situation. In his first year he mostly sat until he played at the end of the season. It's obvious that he wasn't ready his rookie year so grooming a young qb is a better approach then throwing him into the fire when he isn't ready. 

What you can't accept is that the Tyrod era is over with. It has run its course. If you can't accept that obvious reality then it is your problem. Giving up a 30 yr back who can still play but is diminishing for a starting qb would be an advantageous deal for us. Even if the qb plays for a short term it still would be beneficial because you would then have an opportunity to run a pro offense instead of a pop warner offense. 

Once again, you prove my point.  You are incapable of any rationale because the ONLY thing that matters to you is that ANYONE other than Tyrod is the QB.  This is NOT in anyway about Tyrod, but you just cant let it go.  

We NEED to find a LONG term QB solution, not a retread one year just to appease your over exaggerated hate for Tyrod.  First of all, TT is NOT nearly as bad as you ridiculously exaggerate.  Is he the LONG term answer...nope.  Do we need to find a franchise QB...yup.  

But your blind ranting hate for TT is now suggesting we GIVE AWAY assets for a 1 year vet just so you can have peace of mind that the 1 year vet is not TT.  That is so ridiculous, I cant even fathom how any fan can logically come to this conclusion.  

Now if you want to trade McCoy for Foles because you BELIEVE Foles is the longterm franchise QB Buffalo needs (which Foles is not IMO), I wouldnt have an issue with you wanting to find a way to acquire him based on that belief.  But you are literally advocating sending valuable assets, whether its McCoy or draft picks, to get what you seem to see as a stop gap Veteran who wont be here in a year after drafting a rookie to be the future.  Thats such a waste of assets since there are already veteran QB's we can sign in FA without having to part with our best offensive weapon or draft picks we need to keep BUILDING this team.  

Either sign Cousins or DRAFT the a potential franchise QB.  Under NO circumstances should the Bills give a single asset for Foles UNLESS they plan on him being the Franchise guy they want to build around and not draft a QB.  Which in that case, its a huge gamble where the resume is very underwhelming.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

No, but his contract is a lot higher than Foles. He also only has a handful of starts to Foles’ Super Bowl win. The market will keep moving and Foles has a year left. We will see...

Garropolo hasn't played and failed like Foles has.  He got paid like an up-and-coming franchise QB does.  The Derek Carr/Jimmy G market is a lot different from the "effective vet" market.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Foles won't get $100M like Flacco.  Veeeeeery different situations.

He came in as relief and you count his low yard totals against him?  For shame.

Also, he never passed for 3k yards but he passed for 27 TD's once.

LMAO...key word "once" in a 6 year career.  Trivia time, how did he follow up his one good season in 2013?  Oh yeah, sucking for the same team followed by them getting rid of him for a QB made of glass, where he then continued to suck for 2 more years before they also gave up on him.

CJ Spiller once had a 2000 total yard season too the year before Foles lone good year.  By your logic, guess we should sign him to replace McCoy as the lead back and Super Bowl here we come behind Mr 2012 at RB and Mr 2013 Nick Foles at QB.  While we are at it, lets add 1 hit stud Peyton Hillis as our bruiser, I mean his one year got him the Madden Cover.  Then we can go get Mr 2015 at TE Gary Barnridge and the king of capitalizing on a SB MVP fluke Larry Brown to play opposite of Tre.

Lets see how many 1 hit wonders we can land and lets keep giving up assets to get them.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...key word "once" in a 6 year career.  Trivia time, how did he follow up his one good season in 2013?  Oh yeah, sucking for the same team followed by them getting rid of him for a QB made of glass, where he then continued to suck for 2 more years before they also gave up on him.

CJ Spiller once had a 2000 total yard season too the year before Foles lone good year.  By your logic, guess we should sign him to replace McCoy as the lead back and Super Bowl here we come behind Mr 2012 at RB and Mr 2013 at QB.  While we are at it, lets add 1 hit stud Peyton Hillis as our bruiser, I mean his one year got him the Madden Cover.  Then we can go get Mr 2015 at TE Gary Barnridge and the king of capitalizing on a SB MVP fluke Larry Brown to play opposite of Tre.

Lets see how many 1 hit wonders we can land and lets keep giving up assets to get them.

Did Spiller just win Super Bowl MVP?

Maybe you need to borrow my logic because you lost your own long ago.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Did Spiller just win Super Bowl MVP?

Maybe you need to borrow my logic because you lost your own long ago.

Larry Brown was MVP of the Super Bowl after being the weak link.  What happened?  Raiders gave him a big contract and cut him less a year later...because the BODY OF WORK over his career PROVED to be who he was, not the FLUKE 2 games he played well.

LMAO, I love how you value 2 games over a 6 year resume...For someone who whines constantly about needing a better QB, you are literally advocating for a 6 year vet with a terrible resume outside of 2 games and 1 season that was 4 years ago.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Garropolo hasn't played and failed like Foles has.  He got paid like an up-and-coming franchise QB does.  The Derek Carr/Jimmy G market is a lot different from the "effective vet" market.

I agree, but “greatest playoffs ever and Super Bowl Champion” moves you out of the effective vet market. A lot will depend on how he plays this year. Sam Bradford got 2 year $36M. Foles wouldn’t answer the phone for that deal at this point. If he was to sign now, I’d say 5 years, $100M, $60M guaranteed. Most of the guaranteed money within the first 2 years (maybe $50M). That gives the team an out after 2 years.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Roseman has done a masterful job putting the Eagles roster togther. It's rather obvious that he knows what he's doing.  

Roseman is the anti-Buddy Nix.....aggressive and QB-centric....no slow builds and no begging for more time to produce the baby.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Larry Brown was MVP of the Super Bowl after being the weak link.  What happened?  Raiders gave him a big contract and cut him less a year later...because the BODY OF WORK over his career PROVED to be who he was, not the FLUKE 2 games he played well.

Going back to 1995 to get a single example of why not to acquire Foles.  LOL.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree, but “greatest playoffs ever and Super Bowl Champion” moves you out of the effective vet market. A lot will depend on how he plays this year. Sam Bradford got 2 year $36M. Foles wouldn’t answer the phone for that deal at this point. If he was to sign now, I’d say 5 years, $100M, $60M guaranteed. Most of the guaranteed money within the first 2 years (maybe $50M). That gives the team an out after 2 years.

I cant see any team offering a 2 time failed starting QB with one good season 4 years ago a deal like that, let alone see Foles turn it down.  No one is going to offer him that $100m contract, and he would be lucky to get the deal Bradford got if he was even available.  Bradford still had people who believed in him as a franchise QB and he was an injury risk more than anything.  Foles failed with two teams and followed up his lone PARTIAL good season with 3 bad ones as the starter.  

This is the deepest offseason in a long time between FA and the Draft for QB's, and no one is going to mortgage the farm on a journeyman QB who got hot 2 games.  Not saying teams wouldnt give him a shot, but they are not going to pay big for a guy with such a rocky resume.  If anything they would offer him a 2 year prove it deal at most.  

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Yes yes, "he's CJ Spiller!" was a compelling argument, to say the least.

Thanks for proving your lack of reading comprehension.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I cant see any team offering a 2 time failed starting QB with one good season 4 years ago a deal like that, let also see Foles turn it down.  No one is going to offer him that contract, and he would be lucky to get the deal Bradford got if he was even available.  Bradford still had people who believed in him as a franchise QB and he was an injury risk more than anything.  Foles failed with two teams and followed up his lone PARTIAL good season with 3 bad ones as the starter.  

This is the deepest offseason in a long time between FA and the Draft for QB's, and no one is going to mortgage the farm on a journeyman QB who got hot 2 games.  Not saying teams wouldnt give him a shot, but they are not going to pay big for a guy with such a rocky resume.  If anything they would offer him a 2 year prove it deal at most.  

He’s a FA next year. Any big deal will come from a trade and a season played. That’s been the point. If he plays well (or even pretty good) he’s getting a big deal. If he sucks, you gave up a good asset for a guy that played as a bridge guy for a year. 

• Like (+1) 1