Reuben Foster arrested for second time this offseason; DV suspected

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

A lack of emotion in Anger is what saved me and my domestic violence circumstance. 

Voting is the most important thing an American citizen can do. It carries more responsibility than almost any other decision that you can make pertaining to the welfare of your country. Anyone who trivializes the meaning of your vote doesn't truly understand the meaning of their vote.

If you've ever seen the original Starship Troopers, they even make Civil Service a prerequisite to have a vote, lol.  Not that movies really mean anything. But it is an example of how some of us view voting.

Elections may just hold a special place in my heart as well, my birthday is November 6th.:D

Service guarantees citizenship.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Sure it is possible for Bama players to be bad people. People are people. Foster:

-comes from the projects in a small city, growing up in a drug culture

-No father in the home

-Gets full scholarship to Alabama

-Joins an environment with a Prominent Father figure.

-EVERY move is monitored, held accountable for practically every class/practice/meeting/workout.

-Makes it through 4 years, earning a college degree, becoming a team leader and voted Permanent Team captain by his peers

-Gets drafted and signs for million$

-Moves to a big metropolis, has unlimited funds, nobody watching over him

-Gets into trouble 

this could be many different players at many different college programs. 

While at Alabama, he received financial planning training, he received life coaching, he received training on public speaking and "building a brand", he received training on proper use of social media, he became a college graduate, he was put into position to earn his fortune.  I think at this point, you gotta say that this guy was given every opportunity to be successful, he just chooses not to.

Foster’s background doesn’t mean he’s a thug or the allegations are true. The alleged victim has already said that her injuries came from an altercation with an other woman and video evidence has been turned over to the authorities. 

I agree that Foster has been given every opportunity to succeed. If he doesn’t, it’s no fault of The University of Alabama.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Gotta love the apologists that come out.  "But that's my thug....he must be innocent".  Typically with DV, where there's smoke, there's a raging fire.  

This is a dangerous, false, and far too prevalent assumption. Often times the man is more accurately charged with the offense of possession of a penis while angering a violent woman.

Of the cases I see charged only about 20% are legitimate cases that are serious enough to reasonably warrant criminal charges. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

The crime is the domestic violence. What makes the situation even more dangerous then and after the fact is the abuser possessing a weapon. That's why in many jurisdictions through their court systems abusers are not allowed to have guns. 

That's Federal law. And a bizarrely written one at that.

If the state you're in takes away your civil rights, once you get those rights restored the court can restore your gun rights. If the state doesn't take away your civil rights the court can never restore your gun rights.

It's a little scary to me that you can lose your constitutional rights over a misdemeanor. Especially when you see some of the fact patterns that lead to convictions. 

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2018 at 6:26 PM, Rob's House said:

This is a dangerous, false, and far too prevalent assumption. Often times the man is more accurately charged with the offense of possession of a penis while angering a violent woman.

Of the cases I see charged only about 20% are legitimate cases that are serious enough to reasonably warrant criminal charges. 

And for every case where there's actual charges, there's multiplicative instances where DV occurs and there isn't a charge.  Paint me unimpressed with your observations.

well that sucks that she lied, I called the guy an animal after reading that he kicked the dog and hit her. If she's lying and she's admitting it, lock her up now because that is as bad or worse than actually being abused.  The damage to his reputation is irreparable.  it's like being accused of rape.   People never look at you the same again 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wow!

Yeeesh. 

Whatever happened that day... hopefully this guy learns some lessons about life here. 

If he did something bad- never do it again

if he got caught up with a made up story — think Long and hard about where he puts himself.

obviously I could make stronger statements on either end but not knowing what happened, I’ll leave it at that. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Yeeesh. 

Whatever happened that day... hopefully this guy learns some lessons about life here. 

If he did something bad- never do it again

if he got caught up with a made up story — think Long and hard about where he puts himself.

obviously I could make stronger statements on either end but not knowing what happened, I’ll leave it at that. 

Obviously she's gone.  That is step 1