Matt Harmon: Best Tight-Window Passers of 2017

1 hour ago, grb said:

Uh huh:

30th in passing attempts by team in 2016

31 in passing attempts by team in 2015

• A Bills fan whining about Taylor's playoff record as a Bill !!!  Hate drives people to say the most foolish things......

I hope you enjoyed Hauschka’s work in that game ??.     

It’s not hate it’s functioning eyeballs and a qb who can’t get it done.    

Couldn’t get it done in 15 vs Skins, Eagles, and Pats 

Couldnt get it done in 16 vs Ravens, Steelers, Raiders

Couldnt get it done in 17 vs jags, pats, saints etc.  

Why do you overlook all of the suck ?    

There’s always gonna be 19 or so QBs in the league who are better than him.  It is time for a real qb who can move the needle to take the reigns.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

but he's got wr's running wide open all game!!!!

I know becuz plenty of posters around here tell me so!

on a serious note. I've already moved on. lets just make it official as soon as possible. the only way i'd be ok with keeping him around is if they still go out and make a huge move in the draft to get their guy. 

If they are more than 10-15 yards down the field he doesn't see them apparently. So he keeps his throws mostly inside of 10 yards where the defense drapes over our guys sitting in the tight zone windows because they do not fear our passing game. Hence this stat is completely worthless and proves nothing.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:24 AM, White Linen said:

Jones is wide open.  He's not even looking at the routes.  He stares up the middle hoping he'll see someone once the smoke clears - that's because it all looks confusing to him when this is a simple - ok if the LB takes once step forward, gotcha.  He cannot do this.  

I think he's so athletic that he pretends he's looking safeties off, etc, when it's really he has absolutely no clue what he's supposed to be seeing.   He'll make some crazy play out of nothing and everyone will blame the receivers and/or the offensive line.  He's bad folks, real bad.  These are elementary NFL reads and he's taking sacks.  

He's a dunce as a QB.  How can this not be seen?  TT haters?  I don't think so.  He's a nice guy that has no business playing NFL QB.  These guys are getting open.  He's going into his drop not knowing what in the hell he's supposed to be looking for.   What he does at 1:24 looking right at the play that should be developing then look away to the left to the covered receiver is egregious.   That's not being conservative or taking care of the ball or any of the other crazy excuses we assign to TT.  

"He's bad folks, real bad."

"He's a dunce at QB. How can this not be seen?"

These are the types of asinine posts that will buoy this ridiculous antagonism on this message board as long as Taylor remains a Bills.

Some of us are sane and realize Taylor is okay to good, but not great.

And some of us make absolutely stupid statements like "He's a dunce at QB." :doh:

On 2/9/2018 at 6:14 PM, downunderbill said:

Is throwing it away on third down a stat? Tyrod's biggest problem is that he has the situational awareness of Helen Keller, and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. 

Weird... Taylor was 12th in the NFL on 3rd down passing plays out of 37 tracked QBs at 42.7%.

Oh... and before you try vomiting any narrative about how that doesn't factor in when he pulls the ball down and runs... he was even better when you factor that in at nearly 46%.

But let's all keep saying things that twist reality. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

On 13/02/2018 at 5:48 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Weird... Taylor was 12th in the NFL on 3rd down passing plays out of 37 tracked QBs at 42.7%.

Oh... and before you try vomiting any narrative about how that doesn't factor in when he pulls the ball down and runs... he was even better when you factor that in at nearly 46%.

But let's all keep saying things that twist reality. :thumbsup:

Yeah yeah Tyrods the greatest. Thanks for schooling me football wizard. When the pressure is on he couldn't do squat. He may have got 4 out of ten third downs but that doesn't tell the full story does it.

I can speak for myself, I don't need some tyrod apologist telling me what I'm about to say to help your own narrative. Since you love out of context stats, how about 18 total tds vs 4 interceptions, a fraction over one a game. Leading an offence that's 31st in passing, 29th in total offence (that's Browns territory, shady did his part). Let's not forget he's a starting QB with 7 years experience that still has sub 100 yard games.

He's not okay to good, he's just not good. The Bills got to 9-7 in spite of his play not because of it.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

"He's bad folks, real bad."

"He's a dunce at QB. How can this not be seen?"

These are the types of asinine posts that will buoy this ridiculous antagonism on this message board as long as Taylor remains a Bills.

Some of us are sane and realize Taylor is okay to good, but not great.

And some of us make absolutely stupid statements like "He's a dunce at QB." :doh:

these vids make me sick .  wow just wow

4 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

these vids make me sick .  wow just wow

Taylor's biggest problem seems to be finding throwing lanes. If he doesn't see it he won't throw it. A good offensive coordinator can create throwing lanes for a QB like Taylor. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Its kind of dumb bragging about 3rd down conversions when they can't score TD's !!!  Not even rushing which is his supposed strength.  

They scored TDs the year before. 

Tyrod has had the benefit of a fairly good running game (granted he contributed to those stats) .. but we've been a top 10 rushing team .. that should open up some windows .. he's a single look .. no anticipation passer .. drop and run.  We've given him 3 years with one of the best RB's in the league ... time to move on from mediocre (2nd level stats aside).

The only stats that matter are win/losses.

1 minute ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Tyrod has had the benefit of a fairly good running game (granted he contributed to those stats) .. but we've been a top 10 rushing team .. that should open up some windows .. he's a single look .. no anticipation passer .. drop and run.  We've given him 3 years with one of the best RB's in the league ... time to move on from mediocre (2nd level stats aside).

The only stats that matter are win/losses.

3 years, winning record, and playoffs. No top 10 defense. Yes, he is a major reason for the run game. Understanding what he is and isn't is hard for fans. Replacing him is not going to be easy. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

3 years, winning record, and playoffs. No top 10 defense. Yes, he is a major reason for the run game. Understanding what he is and isn't is hard for fans. Replacing him is not going to be easy. 

replacing him is going to be very easy. When the Bills release him do you think he starts for another team next season ?  I don't 

how many of the windows are tight because he held the ball to long? 

thus taking an easy throwing and making it appear more difficult 

5 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

replacing him is going to be very easy. When the Bills release him do you think he starts for another team next season ?  I don't 

how many of the windows are tight because he held the ball to long? 

thus taking an easy throwing and making it appear more difficult 

The Bills are like 1-5 when Taylor isn't the #1 QB. Good luck. Unless you mean we replace him with the #1 pick in 2019? That might be the plan. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Through "winning record" is grammatically correct .. let's not jump up and down about 22-20 W/L record for Tyrod .. WR corp aside (though Woods, Goodwin appear to had more success after departure)... 3 straight years of declining Yard per attempt from 8.0 to 6.7 last year .. 3 straight years of declining QBR from 70.3 to 56.4.  Move on

6 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Through "winning record" is grammatically correct .. let's not jump up and down about 22-20 W/L record for Tyrod .. WR corp aside (though Woods, Goodwin appear to had more success after departure)... 3 straight years of declining Yard per attempt from 8.0 to 6.7 last year .. 3 straight years of declining QBR from 70.3 to 56.4.  Move on

There doesn't have to be a line drawn. Taylor would make $10 million less than Kirk Cousins. You can "attempt" to upgrade Taylor without dumping him. 

I did like the idea of Alex Smith and drafting a QB in the 1st, but I'm fine with keeping Taylor and drafting a QB. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

8 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There doesn't have to be a line drawn. Taylor would make $10 million less than Kirk Cousins. You can "attempt" to upgrade Taylor without dumping him. 

I did like the idea of Alex Smith and drafting a QB in the 1st, but I'm fine with keeping Taylor and drafting a QB. 

You divide the locker room if he's still here ... as we all know there is some Tyrod loyalist .. my point is ... he's had his shot ... don't settle for mediocre or less than mediocre ... turn the page.  Take that money and apply to other team needs.

3 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

You divide the locker room if he's still here ... as we all know there is some Tyrod loyalist .. my point is ... he's had his shot ... don't settle for mediocre or less than mediocre ... turn the page.  Take that money and apply to other team needs.

Prepare for a 2-14 season then. Losing will divide the locker room. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I got a number for you. 

Defense lets up 10 points or less this year. 

TT 0-2

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lots of people in the ABT (Anyone But Tyrod) camp even if it means the Bills regress.

Regress. Just over 1 TD again (includes alot of get fat off bad teams) 200 yards a game 

0-2 in 2017 when Defense gives up 10 or less points

how much regression do you really think you will see from any QB compared to TT