Coney Island - Looking for Info

Gugny

I'm thinking of taking my son (will be 15) to Coney Island this summer.

I'm asking for some real life experiences/advice/recommendations, please.

From what I can tell, it's a lot like a fair or a carnival, where you pay for the rides you want to ride.

I'm wondering if there is something like an unlimited ride wristband, or something.

Also - is Luna Park the same thing as Coney Island?  The website is very confusing and vague.  Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

From what I can tell, it's a lot like a fair or a carnival, where you pay for the rides you want to ride.

I'm wondering if there is something like an unlimited ride wristband, or something.

Also - is Luna Park the same thing as Coney Island?  The website is very confusing and vague.  Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

It's a dump.

:P

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Coney Island is not a single theme park, I think there are 3 separate ride operators there and that's why you can't get a full package wristband.  Wouldn't be worth it anyway.  The only thing worthwhile in Luna Park is the Cyclone.  The rest of the grown up ride are in the other parks in Coney Island, but just next to Luna Park. 

It's a great full day trip if you schedule it right - time it with a day Cyclones game and a night concert at the Ford ampitheater.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The cyclone is good but expensive.

That Ferris wheel looks scary as hell.

The boardwalk area is nice in the daytime.  Not sure about after dark.  The acquarium is right next door, but it was pretty decimated in Sandy and I'm not sure if it has been fully restored.

• Thank you (+1) 1